North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   5th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (May 3-6, 2007) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/5th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-may-3-6-2007-176/)
-   -   Registration??? (Oh, and lodging, too!) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/5th-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-may-3-6-2007/93905-registration-oh-and-lodging-too.html)

SNEEEZY - Erika 03-04-2007 04:00 PM

Registration??? (Oh, and lodging, too!)

I keep checking daily (heck, SEVERAL times daily) but I haven't seen the registration link go live yet.

Is there a new timeframe for registration to open up?

Is it possible for MOTD 5 to "sell out"?

Thanks!

PS: I'm bringing my teenage daughters with me and we're planning on driving with the caravan from Tidewater/Hampton Roads, VA on Thursday. We're still looking to share lodging with someone, even if it means the three of us sharing a bed--which we've done on previous road trips when the hotel screwed up our reservations.

snooter 03-04-2007 04:06 PM

Last time I heard, it should be up within 24 to 48 hours. The Dragon itself is not something that can sell out. It's a public road. Just got to make sure that you have your lodging secure. If you don't click HERE for a list of lodging. Now, individual events and dinners may sell out. For example the Welcome Dinner has a 300 person limit on it and the brewswap has 250 person limit.

ARTSJCW 03-04-2007 04:34 PM

I am just jealous.... wish I could go, but I owe I owe so....

mattburns1 03-04-2007 05:00 PM

great minds think alike

Uber Blu was writing the same time I was; question...will your teenage daughters be driving any that weekend? My wife and I will bring our two teenage daughters (wife's first year at the Dragon, daughters 1st and 2nd times at the Dragon).

The girls will probably drive the Cherohala Parkway.

Anybody reading this...any suggestions for the best times for young drivers to drive the Dragon (with a parent as co-pilot)?

JustJAY 03-04-2007 05:04 PM

I would say early mornings like sunrise. There is not alot of traffic and you probably won't have to worry about motorcyclists.

Mark 03-04-2007 05:08 PM

I'm waiting on a small bit of information and hope to have registration open tomorrow (Monday the 5th). Thanks for your patience as I juggle everything into position

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/juggler.GIF

Mark

kgdblu 03-04-2007 05:23 PM

only three balls in the air, Mark? Easy Dragon this year, eh?:wink::lol::lol:

MINIclo 03-04-2007 05:23 PM

Hey, Mark...got a lady juggler smiley I can borrow? :wink: :lol: Thanks for all the help in getting this together. I know what a big undertaking it is! :nod: :thumbsup:

SNEEEZY - Erika 03-04-2007 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by mattburns1 (Post 1404586)
Uber Blu was writing the same time I was; question...will your teenage daughters be driving any that weekend? My wife and I will bring our two teenage daughters (wife's first year at the Dragon, daughters 1st and 2nd times at the Dragon).

Anybody reading this...any suggestions for the best times for young drivers to drive the Dragon (with a parent as co-pilot)?

My girls are 13-1/2 & 14-1/2...so they aren't driving yet. :eek2:

FranticFreddy 03-04-2007 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Uber Blu (Post 1404642)
My girls are 13-1/2 & 14-1/2...so they aren't driving yet. :eek2:

Uber Blu, My girls are 12 and 14:) and we will see who is in the MINI when it pulls out of the driveway on Thursday Morning.
They won't be driving but it doesn't mean they won't be telling Dad (me) :impatient how to drive.

kgdblu 03-04-2007 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by mattburns1 (Post 1404586)

Geez, I dunno if any time's a good time for young(am I reading inexperienced?) drivers.
I'd suggest early in the morning, but there's always an early bird group out on the Dragon...
I actually like driving the Cherohala better...it's a little less white knuckle, but still fun.

SNEEEZY - Erika 03-04-2007 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by FFisher1 (Post 1404658)
Uber Blu, My girls are 12 and 14:) and we will see who is in the MINI when it pulls out of the driveway on Thursday Morning.
They won't be driving but it doesn't mean they won't be telling Dad (me) :impatient how to drive.

Ha! Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has kids who've NEVER driven telling me how to do so!

Where are you staying?

We just booked a room at the Microtel in Robbinsville. Unfortunately, it's a smoking room, but since we will hardly be there and (hopefully) exhausted when it's time for bed, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Mishka 03-04-2007 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 1404599)
I'm waiting on a small bit of information and hope to have registration open tomorrow (Monday the 5th). Thanks for your patience as I juggle everything into position

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/juggler.GIF

Mark

Mark, thanks for all the work you are doing.:thumbsup: It really is appreciated.

Now, having said that, has anyone else noticed on the Registration page that Mark appears to have already registered? :lol:

Just kidding, I know it must be a bit of a nightmare getting all the information sorted out.

Mark 03-04-2007 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mishka (Post 1404891)
Now, having said that, has anyone else noticed on the Registration page that Mark appears to have already registered? :lol:

Yes...that's for my testing purposes. Better to test on myself than with 100s of people trying to register :wink:

Mark

IsAMini 03-05-2007 05:53 PM

There are folks listed as registered...what's happening? It is still showing the message about late Feb. We're all anxious to get going. Thanks.

awood279 03-05-2007 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by IsAMini (Post 1406381)
There are folks listed as registered...what's happening? It is still showing the message about late Feb. We're all anxious to get going. Thanks.

Click on event planner, select welcome dinner & you will be taken to the NAM store to purchase driver or passenger seat packages along with dinner tickets. :grin:

Mark 03-05-2007 06:14 PM

While I don't have all the information up in the MOTD area of NAM you can purchase your registrations and dinner tickets. As soon as I can get the family fed I'll be working on getting the copy for the Dragon Banquet and the page which discusses the different types of registrations, what they included, etc.

You can jump directly the NAM Store and place your orders.

Mark

mielnicki 03-05-2007 07:42 PM

Thanks Mark!

I am all registered, that is one less thing to think about :wink:

Steve

ZigZagN 03-06-2007 06:52 PM

Hi Mark

I just registered and signed up for all three dinners for my wife Trish and I.

One thing I didn't think about until after signing up and paying for everything.

Trish is alergic to dairy products. :eek:

Milk:no:
Cream:no:
Cheese:no:
Butter:no:
etc.

Cooking in Margerine :nod: and oil or steamed works well.

Hopefully there will be menus with food that does not include dairy products.

We're looking forward to a great time.

Appreciate all you're doing to get this set up.

Randy

Mark 03-07-2007 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by ZigZagN (Post 1408465)
Hi Mark

I just registered and signed up for all three dinners for my wife Trish and I.

One thing I didn't think about until after signing up and paying for everything.

Trish is alergic to dairy products. :eek:

Milk:no:
Cream:no:
Cheese:no:
Butter:no:
etc.

Cooking in Margerine :nod: and oil or steamed works well.

Hopefully there will be menus with food that does not include dairy products.

We're looking forward to a great time.

Appreciate all you're doing to get this set up.

Randy

Randy - contact me via PM and we can figure out what to do. I doubt that the menu choices are all dairy free and I wouldn't want to elicit a bad allergic reaction :no:

Mark