5th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (May 3-6, 2007) The 5th Anniversary of the largest MINI event in the nation. Ready to take your turn trying to tame the Dragon?

MINICup3: The Run to the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GrFa
So where do we find the rules?
If you are asking for a concrete list, im working on that and a few other things as we speak.

Originally Posted by krut
I would love to do this.. can we do a staggered run? Maybe one leaving from DC and "Sponsored by Helix?"
I've actually given this some thought. I will let you know once we have it all figured out.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
GrFa
4th Gear
Cool okay, I thought I was missing something or couldn't read. It just so happens that MOTD coincides with my 21st birthday, and I haven't made it to the Dragon yet. Very excited. I was trying to figure out how to do it all in one day from NJ, this is my answer.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GrFa
Cool okay, I thought I was missing something or couldn't read. It just so happens that MOTD coincides with my 21st birthday, and I haven't made it to the Dragon yet. Very excited. I was trying to figure out how to do it all in one day from NJ, this is my answer.
So you're going to celebrate your 21st at the Dragon? Very nice way to bring it in if you ask me

Old 01-22-2007, 02:32 PM
GrFa
4th Gear
Originally Posted by iggy
So you're going to celebrate your 21st at the Dragon? Very nice way to bring it in if you ask me
That's the plan so far, of course finals start the following Monday (in MA). So I'll see how the semester goes and then decide.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:20 PM
hannawho
2nd Gear
i thought that alcohol and studying went hand in hand ?
and don't worry, we'll help you study--at least with the physics side of things (g-force ect...)

Old 01-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
MINI of the Main Line is sponsoring this event, as they have in the past, but this year they're kicking it up with some great prizes (more than just a sandwich cap) and best of all they are sending their mobile assistance MINI on the MINICup for the peace-of-mind of the competitors. Here's a shot of the svelte and good-looking Dave,

next to the new MINI of the Main Line Mobile assistance rig. He will be on the MINICup3 road with tools, parts and knowledge in the unlikeley event that somebody gets into a mechanical jam. Table massages are extra.

More information to follow...

Last edited by Helix13mini; 01-23-2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: spelling, of course
Old 01-23-2007, 08:19 AM
vdubdoug
6th Gear
Will you be giving the Massages Eric?

Old 01-23-2007, 08:30 AM
mistro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alex, And again, I recognize that this is a hard request but is there any way that a run could originate earlier in Philadelphia so that those of us that wanted to get an earlier start could, so that we could make the opening dinner? I want to do your run, but I want to make the opening dinner too, and if that means the first group of us leave at 6:00 AM, well that is what it means. Rgds, Michael

Old 01-23-2007, 09:41 AM
bonsaimini
3rd Gear
Earlier Start...I Vote YES!

Mistro is making the same point I made earlier. The run down will be a solid 11-12 hours, so if we leave earlier (say 5:30 to 6, just when Starbucks opens!) we can probably make the opening dinner down there.
This will, however, create a logistics problem for the MLM bandaid vehicle (actually I get my massages from a female physical therapist in Wayne...much better looking than 'svelte Dave'..no harm meant!).

May be a good idea to have radios scattered throughout the participants, so they can relay any help messages to MLM...dunno, jus trying to think this thru a bit more....

Are gas-n-go spots pointed out inthe trip-tics?

Old 01-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mistro
Alex, And again, I recognize that this is a hard request but is there any way that a run could originate earlier in Philadelphia so that those of us that wanted to get an earlier start could, so that we could make the opening dinner? I want to do your run, but I want to make the opening dinner too, and if that means the first group of us leave at 6:00 AM, well that is what it means. Rgds, Michael
I will see what I can do. We are still in the planning stages for this, so anything is possible. I have some ideas im going to run by Eric Thursday when im back in the shop about the MINICup, one of them being how we could get you and whoever else wants to do an earlier launch set up as well as for people that want to participate from DC or another city along the route.

Of course, you realize that if im going to be at the shop at 5am to send you all off at 6, I expect a blueberry muffin for my trouble and lack of sleep

Old 01-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bonsaimini

May be a good idea to have radios scattered throughout the participants, so they can relay any help messages to MLM...dunno, jus trying to think this thru a bit more....

Are gas-n-go spots pointed out inthe trip-tics?
the radios might not be a bad idea, but if nothing else, maybe I can get Dave's number, as well as Ralph's and my own to distribute to everyone thats doing the event

Old 01-23-2007, 06:04 PM
VurnB
2nd Gear
Killer. That main line mini should have a lift kit and 35" knobbys.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:09 AM
bonsaimini
3rd Gear
Blueberry Muffins....!

Alex...If ya want one that bad for your trouble, maybe I can pick up some at my local Lancaster County Farmers Market...they are usually in there with the goods by about 5-5:15, which is when I would be travelin thru...

Any Starbucks near the Helix shop?

Old 01-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
bonsaimini,

the blueberry muffin thing was just a joke, but if you do wan't to bring me a muffin I don't think I would turn it down.

Just checked online and apparently there is a Starbucks 2 miles away from the shop, but I've never seen it before. There is a Dunkin Donuts and a Wawa very close to the shop, right off the exit I take on the freeway.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:04 AM
hannawho
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by VurnB
Killer. That main line mini should have a lift kit and 35" knobbys.
Is wheeling allowed?

Attached Thumbnails MINICup3: The Run to the Dragon-muddymini_desktop.jpg  
Old 01-24-2007, 08:51 AM
mistro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you get can get us that want to participate in both events accomodated, that Blueberry muffin is yours. BTW I emailed Eric, but no response yet, about showing up on Fri 1-25 to fix the rattle in the CAI. If you can get me a clearance to stop by, at let's say 11:00, I can bring you a muffin then too! TIA Michael

Old 01-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mistro
If you get can get us that want to participate in both events accomodated, that Blueberry muffin is yours. BTW I emailed Eric, but no response yet, about showing up on Fri 1-25 to fix the rattle in the CAI. If you can get me a clearance to stop by, at let's say 11:00, I can bring you a muffin then too! TIA Michael
I wont be in the shop until tomorrow morning. If you haven't heard from him by then I will check the books and let you know.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:18 AM
bonsaimini
3rd Gear
B'Berry Muffin

Alex...Lancaster County Pa. Dutch blueberry muffins are ANYTHING but 'mini'!

Old 01-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
Due to popular demand, and since I decided I don't need to sleep before a 11 hour drive, the MINICup 3 will start at 6am sharp! Bring out your coffee folks.

We will be having a drivers meeting 6pm the night before (Wednesday May 2nd) at our shop where everyone will recieve all of their MINICup goodies, listen to me give a little spiel (please do try to stay awake or else I might cry) and have some beer from Yards Brewery. For those unable to make it to the drivers meeting, I will give the little spiel and goody bags out and launch the second group after the initial posse is on their way

Old 01-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
Also, I have the entry form ready to go! I will be posting it on our website hopefully later today, or just pm me you e-mail.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
The entry form is now on our website! Be sure to register early to make sure you get your preferred number. It is on our website in the packages section, just scroll down to the bottom and download the document.

Also, we will have a group leaving from Washington DC joining us along the route. So anyone from the DC area who wants to participate, check the thread in DC Metro Minis

Old 01-26-2007, 11:36 AM
hannawho
2nd Gear
wooooeeeee!!!! i just registered

Old 02-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
Old 02-08-2007, 05:05 AM
vdubdoug
6th Gear
Eric measuring himself

gettin the Donuts ready:

And a classic shot from back in the day:

Old 02-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Alex@Helix
Former Vendor
Anyone who wants to be added to the MINICup 3 mailing list, pm me your email. By signing up, you will get the latest info and updates on the MINICup. Heck we might even just let you have a choice on what kind of beer we have at the bbq after the event.

Quick Reply: MINICup3: The Run to the Dragon