5th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (May 3-6, 2007) The 5th Anniversary of the largest MINI event in the nation. Ready to take your turn trying to tame the Dragon?

"Busted" by Killboy

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boooooooo for crossing the line

Old 05-14-2007, 05:17 PM
ashboomstick
5th Gear
I had to look back at that pic to make sure that wasn't you Teresa!

Old 05-14-2007, 05:20 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ashboomstick
I had to look back at that pic to make sure that wasn't you Teresa!
Nononono not me but I must confess when I saw the picture of the red cabrio they were so perfectly in the wrong lane that I had to look twice to notice something wrong

Old 05-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
I hope these people are genuinely ashamed - this is extremely serious - I just hope someone doesn't have to get injured or killed to get people to respect what they are doing.

Next time any one reading this is crossing that center line anywhere, especially on the Dragon, if you can't bother to think about your own safety enough to stay on your side of the road, think about how you would feel living the rest of your life knowing your carelessness and stupidity cost someone their life. How would you begin there stand there and face their family and justify what you did???!!! How would begin to look at a man's wife and children and tell them their husband/dad won't be coming home because you couldn't bother to follow the rules? Or a husband and children? Or tell a parent they will never see their child again? How do you think it would feel to have a police officer show up on your doorstep and tell you that your spouse is gone or they are in jail because they caused an accident that killed someone else? How would you like to call your spouse and/or family and tell them you are in jail? And these are only a few of the scenarios that could happen.

Crossing that line is like playing Russian roulette, eventually someone is going to lose! It is just as bad as DUI! Is it worth the price??? Your life? The lives of others? Would you take a gun and spin the barrel and aim it at someone? Of course not! Well this is the same thing!

If you have crossed that yellow line, you know it. I hope this really hits you deep in your conscience and you won't repeat what could have been a tragic mistake that there wouldn't be any taking back. I promise you, you would not be able to come up with a good explanation for what you did. Nothing can justify something that is completely avoidable.

And no, I am not overreacting, if you think I am, that's your guilt talking. If I sound angry and disgusted, that's because I am - this is atrocious and inexcusable. Crossing that yellow line is serious - dead serious. If you can't drive the Dragon and obey the law, don't bother coming.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Pendergast
6th Gear
Wow. Three out of every five dirty double yellow crossers are cabrios.
Yucca, your dude should have paid your fee. How embarrassing!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
OMG that's terrible - on a blind corner too. CR MCSC, Euro plate on the front... who is that? Time for some shame!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Darkness
5th Gear
I just watched my video on the big screen of the idiot during the midnight run... now if only I could get the laptop to recognize the camcorder i will totally post this!

My brother is coming over tomorrow to help (one of those IT kids) so should be able to have it up soon!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Darkness
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Edge
OMG that's terrible - on a blind corner too. CR MCSC, Euro plate on the front... who is that? Time for some shame!
IIRC the plates were indiana

Old 05-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Edge
AdMINIstrator
Originally Posted by Darkness
IIRC the plates were indiana
I was talking about the CR MCS Cabrio (i.e. MCSC) that Yucca posted a picture of in post 75. That's clearly a Euro plate on the front... unless you meant the back plate of the same car?

Old 05-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Darkness
5th Gear
I'm talking about the same one and i'm certain it had indiana plates (on the back). I will never forget that mini with the semi mudflaps on it!

Old 05-14-2007, 07:38 PM
dwjj
6th Gear
The new Motorcyclist has a whole article on Killboy. Buncha pictures of bikes in various states of unrest.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:39 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pendergast
Yucca, your dude should have paid your fee. How embarrassing!
I know. I would have considered my $20 order from killboy to be cheap salvation.

Once I get to my other computer, I can post some killboy photos of the same car which not only show the euro plate and tractor trailer mudflaps very clearly, but also show the same driving behavior very clearly too.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:30 AM
eager2own
6th Gear
^ Not that this "driving behavior" is warranted anywhere on the dragon -- but this isn't even a hairpin turn . . . if the guy can't take that wide, sweeping turn on a dry road without cutting all the way inside, what's he doing out there?

In his defense, based on the flaps already pointed out by others, maybe his regular 9 to 5 is as a truck driver and this is just force of habit for an 18-wheeler driver.
-- As a side note: it always cracks me up when drivers of compact cars feel the need to take wide turns (turning slightly left and into the other lane before making their right turn) -- do they think they have a trailer that won't clear the curb otherwise?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:24 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
The blue cabrio we wee following at the Midnight run was over the line even on the straights! He was obviously "setting up his apex" even though such things aren't necessary at 20 MPH. Assclown.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Xiek
5th Gear
All I can say is that I am not that Cannuck in the original post...

Old 05-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Louispup
I'm all for cyclists, but when the insist on riding a double yellow road I personally feel that they don't belong.
Originally Posted by chrisneal
That may be your feeling, but it's not the law. Cyclists are legally allowed on the road, so you are legally required to account for their potential presence in your driving habits. If you carve out a blind right curve at 40 mph and injure or kill someone who is riding legally, it is 100% your fault. You will be criminally liable, and sued by the family.
What about the bikers who ride the double yellow and lean into oncoming traffic? We came around a blind right (One of those tight ones where the edge of the hill is RIGHT THERE) at the same time as a guy on a street bike was coming around from the other direction. If I had been within 2 feet of the yellow line I would have either taken off his head, or he would have taken out my mirror

Last edited by Drillslinger; 05-15-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Big Daddy
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xiek
All I can say is that I am not that Cannuck in the original post...

hehe ...but we know who it is don't we, Xiek?

Old 05-15-2007, 10:15 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Let's start a fund and rent a snow plow to run the Dragon a few times a day next year. That'll take care of it. We could even paint "Don't cross the yellow line" on the blade. Natural selection in action with a wee bit of assistance to ensure effectiveness.

Seriously, this is why I arrive Mon - Tues and do my driving before Fri. When you get any crowd of 800 people, there are bound to be several idiots.

Last edited by mmatarella; 05-15-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:27 AM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Drillslinger
What about the bikers who ride the double yellow and lean into oncoming traffic? We came around a blind left (One of those tight ones where the edge of the hill is RIGHT THERE) at the same time as a guy on a street bike was coming around from the other direction. If I had been within 2 feet of the yellow line I would have either taken off his head, or he would have taken out my mirror
That has absolutely nothing to do with my point.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Pamalalala
4th Gear
Interesting... I decided to take a peek online to see if other groups had postings like this with pictures of offenders. I came across this for Men's Journal - the put their blatant disregard for saftety right on their website - I wouldn't be shocked if it is in the print magazine too! Unreal!!!

http://mensjournal.com/adventure/060...tennessee.html

Old 05-15-2007, 10:42 AM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Originally Posted by eager2own
-- As a side note: it always cracks me up when drivers of compact cars feel the need to take wide turns (turning slightly left and into the other lane before making their right turn) --
It's so they can load up the suspension!

Last edited by mielnicki; 05-15-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Drillslinger
6th Gear
Originally Posted by chrisneal
That has absolutely nothing to do with my point.
Uhh, yeah it does. You said that
Cyclists are legally allowed on the road, so you are legally required to account for their potential presence in your driving habits.
So I asked about
bikers who ride the double yellow and lean into oncoming traffic?
If their vehicle is on their side of the double yellow but THEY are not, where then do we stand in regards to accounting for their potential presence? Now I understand that you might have been referring to folks on Bicycles, but the point stands for Motorcyclists as well.
Oh, and I don't know my left from my right so I've changed the original post

Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Originally Posted by Pamalalala
Interesting... I decided to take a peek online to see if other groups had postings like this with pictures of offenders. I came across this for Men's Journal - the put their blatant disregard for saftety right on their website - I wouldn't be shocked if it is in the print magazine too! Unreal!!!

http://mensjournal.com/adventure/060...tennessee.html
Yes, this Porsche should be able to stay in its own lane through the Gravity Cavity.

My photo of the red cabrio is on the very next turn that this Porsche is coming towards. Had these two goofballs met, they would have safely passed each other in their wrong lanes!

Old 05-15-2007, 11:16 AM
MOE4me
3rd Gear
Wow,
once again I looked at that photo and thought that he was just slightly breaking the line...took a while to realize he was just slightly in his own lane.

That would be a good one to write into the magazine about, and see if they would actually print the letter.

I also had a lot of problems with the bikers hugging the center line, upper torso hanging over into my lane around turns. I think that was one of the first "no-no's" that I learned when I started on bikes...shame so many people don't get it. I'm aware of the "center of the lane" oil excuse, but I just don't think it applies to the Dragon, seemed to be pretty fresh asphalt, and you don't get a lot of beaters dripping oil along the route.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:34 AM
eager2own
6th Gear
Had these two goofballs met, they would have safely passed each other in their wrong lanes!
Wow!!

Quick Reply: "Busted" by Killboy