North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen FAQs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-gen-faqs-447/)
-   -   Bimmercode App (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-gen-faqs/321561-bimmercode-app.html)

Agraz400 06-18-2019 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie (Post 4476846)
You should be able to restore from your backup, granted if you coded something after it saved your stock setup it will have been overwritten

That's part of the issue I have. The previous coding that was done to get the UJ lights working was with the old phone. We thought everything was good but did not think to drive it to test that no errors set while the car was in motion. Since the lights operated ok, we left them in for the week until we could mess with the coding again... in that week, a new phone was delivered and the old one wiped clean and shipped off. So the oldest saved backup should in theory be the last code that got the UJ lights working but with the error when braking. Codemycar tried getting the UJ working after I couldn't figure it out originally, but we ran out of time to test things since the usual program code he uses didn't work for this car. He said he can flash it back to stock so we should at least be good after that... then I'll make sure to save and export a copy of the stock code before we mess with it again.

José Manuel Pino 07-03-2019 09:00 AM

Hi, I have an automatic S LCI cooper. I am trying to code the jcw tachometer, following the instructions for bimmercode but I can not get it to work.

can you help me?

Thank you!!

JosephM635 07-03-2019 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by José Manuel Pino (Post 4480388)
Hi, I have an automatic S LCI cooper. I am trying to code the jcw tachometer, following the instructions for bimmercode but I can not get it to work.

can you help me?

Thank you!!

JCW Tach and Gear Selection in HUD

HU_NBT > EXPERT MODE > HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Then:

KOMBI > EXPERT MODE > FZG_Aussttang,HUD _SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Did you go into the HUD settings on your center display and select the tach "ON" after coding it? I also remember I had to cycle the ignition twice to get rid of the error message.

Cheers!

-Joseph

sbreech 07-04-2019 06:34 PM

Can this be done with the Carly app?

José Manuel Pino 07-05-2019 04:04 AM

it works, the coding has gone well.
I needed to activate the option in the head up display menu.

thank you!!!

emulajavi 07-13-2019 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by JosephM635 (Post 4480432)
JCW Tach and Gear Selection in HUD

HU_NBT > EXPERT MODE > HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Then:

KOMBI > EXPERT MODE > FZG_Aussttang,HUD _SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Did you go into the HUD settings on your center display and select the tach "ON" after coding it? I also remember I had to cycle the ignition twice to get rid of the error message.

Cheers!

-Joseph

Hi. If the JCW Tach checkbox (Sport Displays I think is called) is ON in the HUD settings of iDrive.... and you use the NAV nothing NAV related is shown on the HUD. You can change Multimedia things, make calls, etc and all that appears on the HUD.... but nothing related to Navigation.

To have the arrows, directions etc shown you have to untick the Sports Display checkbox.

Is there a way (which btw should be the default..not the nonsense mess BMW has done) to keep the JCW Tach always displaying and NAV related things appearing as needed (like multimedia, phone, car messages, etc) ??

Thanks!

JosephM635 07-13-2019 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by emulajavi (Post 4482299)
Is there a way (which btw should be the default..not the nonsense mess BMW has done) to keep the JCW Tach always displaying and NAV related things appearing as needed (like multimedia, phone, car messages, etc) ??

Thanks!

emulajavi,

No one, to my knowledge, has found a way to have both in the HUD at the same time. Or having it switch back and forth as needed. Without doing it manually.

Cheers!

-Joseph

bluonyx 07-24-2019 09:15 PM

Do we have to activate the Rear Fog lights before coding them to act like rear brake lights?

Or just jump straight to the rear brake light coding for the Rear fogs?

I don't want to turn them on with a switch just want to use them as brake lights also. Thanks!

mr. zero 07-30-2019 12:55 PM

How about this one... Can the navigation controller be programmed to work in the opposite direction, and just for menu selections? Frustrating when turning the dial clockwise, the cursor goes "up" the list of selections, while on the map it zooms in as it should?

Walt 08-07-2019 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Minnie.the.Moocher (Post 4357432)
It's been talked about in this thread above, but it is a simple matter of changing the output:

Rear Fogs as Brake Lights:

BDC_BODY
3065 LceLampMapping4, ED
Funktionen
MAPPING_BREMSL_2_L_OUTPUT
Switch to this
nsl_l (this is the rear fog light choice)

You need to do this for right and left. Above is for left,
For RHS just change the l to r

MAPPING_BREMSL_2_R_OUTPUT
nsl_r__________________

My F56 has only a single rear fog light, located in the center of the lower rear bumper (my exhaust is off to the left).

Do I still do both _l and _r (its a single assembly, but has a left half and a right half)?
Do I only do the _l?
Do I only the _r?
Do _c for Center?

Minnie.the.Moocher 08-07-2019 03:58 PM

As I recall I did just one of them and it worked. I posted about it somewhere in this thread I think.

Walt 08-07-2019 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by ToolmanMini (Post 4450868)
Regarding Rear Fogs as Brakelights:
Great, I got the opposite problem of some folks - I activated the rear fogs, cycled the ignition, then coded the fogs to act with brake lights, and only got the TOP of the main brake lights to work, instead of just the bottom like others experienced. I have a 2016 Mini Cooper S, 4-door hardtop.

As to 1/2 of the brake lights going dark (either the top half or the bottom half), has anyone found the cause for this when enabling the rear-fogs-as-brake? Therefore, has a fix for it?

vetsvette 08-16-2019 09:23 AM

Can the rear fogs be used as brake lights if they are already coded as fog lights. Can they be both or is it a matter of either/or?

TVPostSound 08-16-2019 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by vetsvette (Post 4488307)
Can the rear fogs be used as brake lights if they are already coded as fog lights. Can they be both or is it a matter of either/or?

either/or

the canbus is routing through the headlight fog switch as fogs.
As brakes routed through the brake light switch.

vetsvette 08-16-2019 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 4488312)
either/or

Thanks. I already have the switch installed and the coding for fogs, but I'll fiddle around with the brake light function when I install my Helix UJ tail lights.

Minnie.the.Moocher 08-16-2019 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 4488312)
either/or

If I'm reading it correctly, on the F54 this post has info, not sure if this follows on F56 as I don't have the switch to test it.
https://www.minif56.com/threads/club...-coding.74850/

Walt 08-19-2019 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by jjmet (Post 4379842)

5. Legal notice gone on startup

Originally Posted by N0B0DY (Post 4430351)
How do I get rid of the legal disclaimer that I have to hit ok for when the car is first started?

I have the same question.

Is there another list of Bimmercode gems, other than what is in post #1?

N0B0DY 08-20-2019 08:32 PM

I contacted Bimmercode and they said that the Legal disclaimer is not supported with 6" screen. If we get enough people contacting them to add support, they might do it.

invaliduser 08-21-2019 05:46 AM

And adding tire temp to the TPMS screen is also not supported with the 6" screen.

N0B0DY 08-22-2019 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by invaliduser (Post 4489160)
And adding tire temp to the TPMS screen is also not supported with the 6" screen.

I thought it was removed for all LCI cars.

Craigger 08-30-2019 05:20 PM

been reading a few threads on this but have not found what I saw mentioned - ASD noise increase. How do I get the JCW soundtrack pumped up while in Sport?

Minnie.the.Moocher 09-11-2019 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Walt (Post 4486828)
As to 1/2 of the brake lights going dark (either the top half or the bottom half), has anyone found the cause for this when enabling the rear-fogs-as-brake? Therefore, has a fix for it?

This recently happened to me when I went in and enabled daytime running lights in the rear. Those never happened apparently and I just got blank upper rear lights. Took the coding back out and now have the full rear brake lights and fogs as brake lights.

bluonyx 10-06-2019 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by bluonyx (Post 4484513)
Do we have to activate the Rear Fog lights before coding them to act like rear brake lights?

Or just jump straight to the rear brake light coding for the Rear fogs?

I don't want to turn them on with a switch just want to use them as brake lights also. Thanks!

OK just coding for rear fogs to brake and just wanted to confirm that, you do not have to activate the rear fogs before coding them, just jump straight to expert and

BDC_BODY
3065 LceLampMapping4, ED
Funktionen
MAPPING_BREMSL_2_L_OUTPUT
Switch to this
nsl_l (this is the rear fog light choice)

You need to do this for right and left. Above is for left,
For RHS just change the l to r

MAPPING_BREMSL_2_R_OUTPUT
nsl_r__________________

playahammer 10-29-2019 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by JosephM635 (Post 4391354)
Here is a photo of mine. It looks like the top bulb in the brake lamps are not lit now that I have coded the rear fogs as brake lamps. Is this right? Thoughts?https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...2ea426be79.jpg

sorry bro, this brake light really makes me laugh, I register this site just for replying! good luck to your brake light!

playahammer 10-29-2019 06:40 AM

I’m struggling with the JCW HUD one, I thought I’d coded it but maybe some mistakes.

I’ve got the new 3 options in the hud menu but when I try to tick these options only the two sub-box, "S shift" and "sport mode" ticks but nothing appears in the hud.

I noticed the speed in HUD would shift to left for a while when I start the engine, but it will go back to the center after 3 or 4 seconds. nothing changes.

Any thoughts guys,thanks for the help 👍