North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen FAQs (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-gen-faqs-447/)
-   -   Bimmercode App (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-gen-faqs/321561-bimmercode-app.html)

Agraz400 06-18-2019 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie (Post 4476846)
You should be able to restore from your backup, granted if you coded something after it saved your stock setup it will have been overwritten

That's part of the issue I have. The previous coding that was done to get the UJ lights working was with the old phone. We thought everything was good but did not think to drive it to test that no errors set while the car was in motion. Since the lights operated ok, we left them in for the week until we could mess with the coding again... in that week, a new phone was delivered and the old one wiped clean and shipped off. So the oldest saved backup should in theory be the last code that got the UJ lights working but with the error when braking. Codemycar tried getting the UJ working after I couldn't figure it out originally, but we ran out of time to test things since the usual program code he uses didn't work for this car. He said he can flash it back to stock so we should at least be good after that... then I'll make sure to save and export a copy of the stock code before we mess with it again.

José Manuel Pino 07-03-2019 09:00 AM

Hi, I have an automatic S LCI cooper. I am trying to code the jcw tachometer, following the instructions for bimmercode but I can not get it to work.

can you help me?

Thank you!!

JosephM635 07-03-2019 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by José Manuel Pino (Post 4480388)
Hi, I have an automatic S LCI cooper. I am trying to code the jcw tachometer, following the instructions for bimmercode but I can not get it to work.

can you help me?

Thank you!!

JCW Tach and Gear Selection in HUD

HU_NBT > EXPERT MODE > HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Then:

KOMBI > EXPERT MODE > FZG_Aussttang,HUD _SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Did you go into the HUD settings on your center display and select the tach "ON" after coding it? I also remember I had to cycle the ignition twice to get rid of the error message.

Cheers!

-Joseph

sbreech 07-04-2019 06:34 PM

Can this be done with the Carly app?

José Manuel Pino 07-05-2019 04:04 AM

it works, the coding has gone well.
I needed to activate the option in the head up display menu.

thank you!!!

emulajavi 07-13-2019 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by JosephM635 (Post 4480432)
JCW Tach and Gear Selection in HUD

HU_NBT > EXPERT MODE > HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Then:

KOMBI > EXPERT MODE > FZG_Aussttang,HUD _SPORTANZEIGE_ENABLE, HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_FES_ENABLE, and HUD_SPORTANZEIGE_MS_GASSE_ENABLE to AKTIV.

Code

Did you go into the HUD settings on your center display and select the tach "ON" after coding it? I also remember I had to cycle the ignition twice to get rid of the error message.

Cheers!

-Joseph

Hi. If the JCW Tach checkbox (Sport Displays I think is called) is ON in the HUD settings of iDrive.... and you use the NAV nothing NAV related is shown on the HUD. You can change Multimedia things, make calls, etc and all that appears on the HUD.... but nothing related to Navigation.

To have the arrows, directions etc shown you have to untick the Sports Display checkbox.

Is there a way (which btw should be the default..not the nonsense mess BMW has done) to keep the JCW Tach always displaying and NAV related things appearing as needed (like multimedia, phone, car messages, etc) ??

Thanks!

JosephM635 07-13-2019 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by emulajavi (Post 4482299)
Is there a way (which btw should be the default..not the nonsense mess BMW has done) to keep the JCW Tach always displaying and NAV related things appearing as needed (like multimedia, phone, car messages, etc) ??

Thanks!

emulajavi,

No one, to my knowledge, has found a way to have both in the HUD at the same time. Or having it switch back and forth as needed. Without doing it manually.

Cheers!

-Joseph