North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   3rd Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2005) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-2005-86/)
-   -   Official Pot Luck Tracking Thread (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-annual-minis-on-the-dragon-2005/40847-official-pot-luck-tracking-thread.html)

queenB 04-07-2005 07:13 PM

Official Pot Luck Tracking Thread

As you know, the Chili Cook Off is also a pot luck dinner. The chili chefs are working hard to perfect their recipes for us. The rest of us need to be prepared to impress them with our shared dishes. Some foods of a cooling nature might be in order. :wink:

To ensure that we have a well-rounded selection of pot luck offerings at the Friday night Chili Cookoff give me a quick post as to what you would like to bring and I will keep a running tab here in this first post. Be prepared with serving dish and utensil if needed. Remember, your pot luck dish gets you an extra 10 chili sampling tickets. If you are not sure of the exact dish but know the type you wish to bring, that's fine too.

If you have a specialty you intend to share, please describe in great detail to get our taste buds going. :thumbsup:

Clover, I hope you don't mind but I borrowed your suggestion categories. :smile:
Numbers under each category will be updated daily.

Salads 8

Appetizers (chicken wings, cheese, dips, with necessary crackers/chips) 13

Fresh Fruit (watermelon, grapes, etc.) 3

Casseroles 1

Side Dishes (such as mac-n-cheese, baked beans, roasted vegetables) 5

Breads (cornbread, biscuits, rolls, garlic toast) 5

Desserts (Cookies, Brownies, Cakes, Pies) 15

Beverages (Coffee, Tea, Sodas, Beer, Wine, Bottled Water) 15

These are what I have pulled from the other thread:
Hand Made PA Dutch pretzels
Mexican cornbread
Chinese Chicken Salad

Big Jimmy 04-07-2005 11:09 PM

I am soo there with Oreo Pie x2... May be easy to make but it is sooo good...

Paul! 04-08-2005 03:02 AM

I'll bring two cases each soda / water.

-Paul!

minimotorin 04-08-2005 05:48 AM

Put me down for the fresh fruit category

queenB 04-08-2005 04:17 PM

OK so i've got 1 fruit, 2 cases beverages and 2 oreo pies...MMMMMMM:smile:

sndwave 04-08-2005 05:15 PM

Come on people let’s get with the program. We’re under 30 days and I’m not seeing enough food here to feed 200 plus people. :confused:

I know many have not seen this thread that have signed up, but the ones who have and know they will be there please commit something to the list. :grin:

The object of the potluck is everyone feeds everyone. The chili will only go so far. So we ask everyone to bring something to feed (or drink) 8 to 10 people. If you’ve never been to the Dragon event before then you’ll find it’s a 40 mile drive to get something to eat if you’re still hungry… And I don’t want to hear but it’s only 20 miles to town. Unless you’re staying in town you have to drive back. :eek: :eek2:

So come on people lets get some food, drinks, desserts or whatever on the list.
:thumbsup:

Paul! 04-08-2005 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by queenB
OK so i've got 1 fruit, 2 cases beverages and 2 oreo pies...MMMMMMM:smile:

Sounds like dinner! :grin: Just to clarify though, that's 2 cases soda and 2 water! :thumbsup:

-Paul!

queenB 04-08-2005 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Paul!
Sounds like dinner! :grin: Just to clarify though, that's 2 cases soda and 2 water! :thumbsup:

-Paul!

Oops, I see that now. Thanks Paul. You're taking care of us. :thumbsup:

queenB 04-08-2005 05:34 PM

Hey Pat,

I think Clover volunteered you for cheese in the other thread but I wasn't going to count it until you declared it so. :smile:

Donna

MINItencan 04-08-2005 06:03 PM

We will be bringing Green Bean Casserole!

Ok Pat, we have now signed up!! :lol: If you are bring cheese I hope you are not cutting it!:lol: :razz: :lol:

Minzilla 04-08-2005 06:34 PM

Minzila is the only one officially allowed to cut the cheese:roll:

So the rest of you better get signed up for a great dish to share, thas what pot luck is all about, whar's the corn bread, dang it we did talk about it, c'mon now , bring lotsa food:razz:

ImaVunDerBrah 04-08-2005 06:40 PM

Is it one potluck item per person? Per 'couple'? Per family?

I'll probably bring cold sesame noodles... I guess thats a side dish. I assure you, its good. :wink:

BabsWife 04-08-2005 07:06 PM

Queen B:

Put Michael and my mother down for one dessert and one bread product (no, I don't know who is bringing what -- or exactly what I'm making for Michael).

Hope this will help,
PB

queenB 04-09-2005 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Minzilla
Minzila is the only one officially allowed to cut the cheese:roll:

I am not sure, but I think, just maybe, that there could possibly be some UN-official events at the Dragon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK so two more sides, a dessert and bread. :thumbsup:
Technically it would be one pot luck dish, serving 8-10 people, per person.

jonoanddee 04-09-2005 03:25 PM

deanna and i will bring something probaly bbq beans and some beer, maybe a bottle of wine too! hope that works, thanks jon.

kgdblu 04-11-2005 07:42 AM

I'll be happy to bring paper products. I'll bring bowls for chili, napkins, cups, paper towels, utensils and garbage bags. Not an exactly edible addition, but pretty important.
If these items have already been covered, then I'll bring a variety of chips and dips. I'll also bring water and sodas.

MINIclo 04-11-2005 08:13 AM

I hoped you'd use the categories I suggested! This thread is a great idea!:thumbsup:

Clover :cool:

queenB 04-11-2005 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by kgdblu
I'll be happy to bring paper products. I'll bring bowls for chili, napkins, cups, paper towels, utensils and garbage bags. Not an exactly edible addition, but pretty important.
If these items have already been covered, then I'll bring a variety of chips and dips. I'll also bring water and sodas.

The host club, Smoky Mountain MINIs is providing all the disposables. I am glad you said garbage bags as I had not thought of that myself. I will be sure and mention that one to the Chili Cook Off chairman. I'll put you down for the chips and dips and some drinks. Thanks!!

If everyone brings a little no one goes away hungry. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Donna

ChiliCooperMark 04-11-2005 01:51 PM

I will bring potato salad.

welshmenwillnotyield 04-11-2005 01:57 PM

I'm already down for Mexican cornbread to go with Minzilla's chili. :thumbsup:

queenB 04-11-2005 02:03 PM

Ummhmmmm and I hear the real contest is which of those two is the hottest.:lol: :lol:

Thanks Chilicoopermark. Gotcher salad down.:smile:

jamesbopp 04-12-2005 02:50 AM

Pot Luck Addition

I will bring two bottles of wine:sly: for the event.
BBopp:thumbsup:

sndwave 04-12-2005 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by queenB
Hey Pat,

I think Clover volunteered you for cheese in the other thread but I wasn't going to count it until you declared it so. :smile:

Donna

That is correct. Count me in for that and I always bring somethig extra to share. :thumbsup:

MINIclo 04-12-2005 02:59 AM

Reminder!

Quote from the Chili Cook-Off/Potluck page:
$5 gets you in and includes the base sample package of 10 tickets and a people's choice vote for one chili in each class. You also receive a ticket for drawings to take place all through the event. With your pot luck dish or 6 pack or so of drinks you get an extra 10 tickets and an extra chance for the drawings...so be sure to bring a pot luck item!

Clover :cool:

BartMack 04-12-2005 06:37 AM

Since I'm not much for cooking :roll: put me down for a bunch of drinks. I'll try to get them from the local store and put them in the ref in the cabin so they'll be chillin'....:grin: