North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   3rd Annual MINIs in the Mountains (Aug 6-10, 2008) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-annual-minis-in-the-mountains-aug-6-10-2008-298/)
-   -   Thrusdays Drive up (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-annual-minis-in-the-mountains-aug-6-10-2008/148566-thrusdays-drive-up.html)

teresa Schieferesck 07-22-2008 09:50 AM

Thrusdays Drive up

Thursday is anyone getting together for the ride up. I know last year there were several groups that got together to ride up at the same time. Is there any groups doing that this year? It really is more fun in a group. :thumbsup: :grin:

Teresa and Baby

MINNIAC 07-27-2008 05:12 PM

I'll join you!

Teresa,

I just signed up and I'm also planning on going up on Thursday. What time were you planning on heading up?

danileo 07-27-2008 05:53 PM

Thursday drive up

I'd like to go on Thursday, too--what time and where do we meet to start up?

Besides Golden, are there any folks who are driving up from south or southeast Denver? We'd like to be in a drive up group if we can.

teresa Schieferesck 07-28-2008 07:03 PM

Well i am in the Westminster Arvada Aeria and as far as time i was thinking morning any time between 7am and 11:59am... :) :wink: and we can meet just about anyware. a good place is the parking lots there at I70 and morrison rd. on the south east parking lot. Just a sugestion but i am open on time so when ever anyone want to leave is good..I dont think we will have any trouble spotting each others cars in the parking lot:thumbsup:. The other thing is we can meet at a starbuks or someplace like that.

danileo 07-28-2008 08:42 PM

Thurs Drive up

Teresa,
We could meet at the parking lot you mentioned--is that a park n ride? We're not familiar with that area, so any geographical info you can pass on would be helpful. We like the Starbucks idea too--a cuppa for the road sounds good.
How about a meet up at 10am?

MINNIAC 07-29-2008 05:13 AM

Two possibilities

I'm up for 10:00 AM on thursday. Just let me know which parking lot. There are two ways we can go. If we want more twisties we can take highway 6 until it meets up with I-70 or we can take the faster route straight up I-70.

I'm not much for Starbucks. I like my coffee with less burn beans in it. I have a lady friend who has a coffee house in Edgewater. She surves pastries and breakfast there. We could all meet up there if you'd like.

teresa Schieferesck 07-29-2008 08:57 AM

well the parking lot i was thinking about is were I70cuts through the mountain were you can see the diferent rock layers. and even hike up the path to really look at them . there are 3 lots the one i was thinking about is Stegosaurus Lot, I-70 and Morrison Rd . you get off I 70 at Morrison rd go left under the highway and the nterance to the lot is just a little ways past that. The coffie house sounds like a good place too. I am open to eather. 10am sounds like a good time to leave. I dont know the rought up highway 6 but i bet it is beautifull so that puts Manniac in the lead. I have 2 radios incase someone need to barrow one for the drive up. :) Eather place were we decide to leave from i am shure the drive up will be a good way to start the weekend.

danileo 07-29-2008 05:12 PM

Hi,
OK, how bout this. We meet at Stegosaurus Lot at 10am as Teresa described. and Minniac, would you lead us up Route 6 with the twisties? We would like to borrow a radio from you, Teresa, please. And Minniac, Mirrim and I will just bring our Starbucks fix with us for the road. We'll be in a new Oxygen Blue Cooper

MINNIAC 07-29-2008 08:30 PM

Stegasaurus lot it is

Okay then it's all set 10:00 at the Stegasaurus lot it is. Well have to back track a little bit to get back to highway 6 but not to far :)

Teresa if you still want to meet at the coffee house we can. It's called Angies Place and it's just West of Sheridan Blvd. on the South side of 25th ave. In the first building West of the Edgewater public parking lot. I'll be there around 8:30 so I can have a chance to get a bit to eat, before heading up the mountain. Let me know if you're planning on joining me :thumbsup:

teresa Schieferesck 07-29-2008 10:13 PM

:) ok i will meet you in edge watter at 8 30. Baby is silver on silver with blue rims. I am going to set up the radios this week to the right chanels so they will be set to go. so you will have one all charged and ready danileo. :thumbsup: . If there is anyone else that would like to join us please feel free too. I think we will have a beautifill drive up .

T

MINNIAC 07-30-2008 08:30 AM

Edgewater it is!

Okay Teresa. I'll meet you in Edgewater. My ride is Astro Black with black tinted windows and personalized plates that read MINNIAC.

Shellbell 07-31-2008 07:54 AM

Anyone up for meeting at 6 or 7am on Thursday? Let me know. I'm an "early bird" & getting to Copper at 11...the day is 1/2 over. I might even check into getting a room for Wed night?

gtshnzr 07-31-2008 11:38 AM

Mark us down for the early bird club, leaving Golden/Lakewood between 6 and 7 in the ayem.

teresa Schieferesck 08-05-2008 05:30 PM

:thumbsup: One more day to go and we are on the road. Camera battries all charges up. Radio's all charges and set to the right chanel's. Baby even just had new brakes put on. We are ready to go and counting down. :) See you Thursday Morning.

MINNIAC 08-05-2008 08:35 PM

Getting ready

I just took a break from packing to see what's going on. I'll see you all on Thursday.

WWW 08-06-2008 09:11 PM

Whitlow and Eleanor will join the 10am group:nod:

teresa Schieferesck 08-06-2008 10:29 PM

welcome along for the drive up :) we will keep our eyes opem for you.

teresa Schieferesck 08-06-2008 10:36 PM

I just though of this. If anyone is going to join us but has anyproblems that they may be running behind or lost or anything like that her eis my number you can call my phone will be on . 303 249 9840

Teresa