North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   3rd Annual MINIs in the Mountains (Aug 6-10, 2008) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-annual-minis-in-the-mountains-aug-6-10-2008-298/)
-   -   MITM3 Registration (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-annual-minis-in-the-mountains-aug-6-10-2008/142812-mitm3-registration.html)

jsouz 06-05-2008 09:26 PM

MITM3 Registration

Registration for MITM3 will open this weekend. Please see our dedicated site at:

www.MINIsintheMountains.com for complete registration info.

Be sure that when you register for the event (Driver or Passenger registrations are available) that you also purchase a Friday and Saturday dinner ticket. Dinner tickets will not be available at the door or at the event. Note that Friday dinner is at Winter Park Resort, Saturday is at Copper Mountain Resort.

Thanks,

Jonathan Souza, Organizer
Rick Gonzales, Organizer

JPS

Garjanick 06-07-2008 05:45 AM

MITM3

We are happy---we registered at 7:15am CST. Wonder if we were the first ones?:thumbsup:

aka Minimae

Batman1usa 06-07-2008 07:43 AM

Printed mine off for mail delivery. Trying to decide, dinners or no dinners, one dinner and which one if only one? I love the idea of a dinner at another location, this will be a fun twist.
Are there giveaways at both dinners or only the vendor dinner? I need to win some tires and or wheels.
Thanks 5280 for another great start to a fantastic event.

Batman
www.geocaching.com for more fun in the mountains with your GPSr

Gil-galad 06-07-2008 07:47 AM

I'm in! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Driver's Seat Registration, but didn't see the T-shirt size on the PayPal receipt (XL, just in case).

Thanks for the great organization...this is going to be an awesome event!

jsouz 06-07-2008 08:19 AM

I can help with the dinner decisions...

Note that the FRIDAY dinner is scheduled for Winter Park Resort in Grand County. That is about half-way between Copper and RMNP Rocky Mountain National Park. Note that our big FRIDAY drive is to RMNP and we are encouraging ALL MINIs to show up at the park, at the top, for small group pictures.

Rocky Mountain National Park is unique. In 1996, it was designated (Trail Ridge Road, to the top) an "All-American Road" and it is one of the great Alpine Highways in the US. It crosses the park from East to West then drops into the Kawuneeche Valley, across the North Fork of the Colorado River.

Trail Ridge Road takes you up to 12,183 feet, and into the arctic region of the park. It is a 50 mile scenic drive, taking about 2 hours in the park. We call this the 'Roof of the Rockies' where you can see glaciers on all sides. It is considered to be Alpine Tundra, and is gorgeous. As always in Colorado...."Leave no Trace".

Why Friday? Winter Park Resort is on the way HOME from RMNP ( both directions ) and so we are sending you all out that way for a reason. Then, after dinner at Winter Park you are VERY VERY close to the road up to Mt. Evans. Will cut an hour off your time if you are going up on Friday night.

Enough reasons?

You probably want both dinners...because the prizes are all at Copper on Saturday....

JPS

MINI GRANI 06-07-2008 05:47 PM

The Grani is registered. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
MINI GRANI

jsouz 06-07-2008 05:55 PM

So which anniversary is it this year,

Bettye?

JPS

pauhana 06-07-2008 06:55 PM

I owe you

Originally Posted by Gil-galad (Post 2283143)
I'm in! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Driver's Seat Registration, but didn't see the T-shirt size on the PayPal receipt (XL, just in case).

Thanks for the great organization...this is going to be an awesome event!

Thanks Gil-galad! I didn't realize that PayPal's merchant shopping cart doo-hickey allows only two fields (I originally had 3). :eek: Now the Name and Handle are on one field so that the t-shirt size can be captured by the other. Thankfully it's early and I only have a few registrations to correct. Whew!
Rick

azminiman 06-10-2008 12:54 AM

Have not registered yet.. But did get the Vacation time scheduled at work.. Scuzzlepook and I from Phx will be there again this year :thumbsup:

jsouz 06-10-2008 05:02 AM

You AZ guys are wild and crazy

and we have some fun surprises for you again this year.

Drive safe.

JPS

tigwantstoplay 06-10-2008 06:24 AM

West Coast MINIs from San Diego will represent in CO again this year!

6 MINIs are already registered, with 5 more MINIs contemplating the trip. Gas prices be damned, CO here we come! :nod: :grin:

MiniMaybee 06-10-2008 06:26 AM

If you need an argument for coming: Gas is cheaper here than there.

jsouz 06-10-2008 07:00 AM

I have another argument..

Will West Coast MINIs have the 'ganas' to play in our first ever, 2008, MITM3

OLYMPIC GAMES?

Yes, in celebration of the opening of the Beijing Olympics (8-8-08) MITM3 will be hosting

A RIDE (DAY) OF OLYMPIC PROPORTIONS!

to include, but not limited to:
  • Mini Olympics Opening Ceremony
  • Best Olympic Themed Decorations
  • Olympic Dinner at Winter Park (Friday night)
  • and of course, the 'Modern MINI Pentathlon' (signature event)
  • and Award Ceremonies
Will West Coast MINIs field a team?

Kansas City Miniacs have...St Louis has.....North Carolina is coming....New Mexico MINIs have a team...of course your Host, MINI5280....Mini's of the Rockies...and more!

Are you up to it???

JPS

tigwantstoplay 06-10-2008 09:00 AM

I will consult with my posse! :lol: :razz:

Black Beauty 06-10-2008 09:03 AM

Games....I'm in as a West Coast MINI member.....

loislane 06-10-2008 07:19 PM

Hi Loislane here, Laffy877 and I will be making the trip :thumbsup: We can't wait!!!!! We are part of the WCM posse!

03Indigo 06-11-2008 08:33 AM

registered and room booked in the east village. :thumbsup:

Hip Check 06-20-2008 11:44 PM

Room booked and registration in process. The northwest will be represented.

pauhana 06-23-2008 08:54 PM

Frappr yourself!

After you've registered, why not Frappr yourself too? It doesn't hurt a bit. Frappr is US new map of push pin the home towns of those who are attending MITM 2008. It's easy to put your own push pin on the map, along with a brief quote and photos too! See the Frappr Map on the MITM site here or directly at Frappr www.frappr.com/mitm2008
Rick

jsouz 06-25-2008 06:14 AM

Please note that there is updated

Thursday dinner information posted in the MINI5280 Forums.....now two choices, both right in Frisco, the new one right on the beach in the Marina.....yowsa! Watch the sun go down, with a cold one, by the water, amongst friends....

JPS

03Indigo 06-25-2008 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by pauhana (Post 2321732)
After you've registered, why not Frappr yourself too? It doesn't hurt a bit. Frappr is US new map of push pin the home towns of those who are attending MITM 2008. It's easy to put your own push pin on the map, along with a brief quote and photos too! See the Frappr Map on the MITM site here or directly at Frappr www.frappr.com/mitm2008
Rick

Added myself to the map. Not very active yet, only 6 entries, but hopefully it will grow.

03Indigo 06-25-2008 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by jsouz (Post 2324446)
Thursday dinner information posted in the MINI5280 Forums.....now two choices, both right in Frisco, the new one right on the beach in the Marina.....yowsa! Watch the sun go down, with a cold one, by the water, amongst friends....

JPS

Jonathan, maybe you should start populating this sub-forum with what events are happening. Not all national members will visit the 5280 forums. Just a though.

old81 06-26-2008 04:34 PM

Registered, now to get some place to stay. I don't think I want to commute Wednesday though Sunday.

Signed up for both dinners (Fri&Sat), figure a vendor day for Friday, I see RMN a lot during the year.

This should be a bunch of fun. :razz: :grin:

seigmann 06-26-2008 07:28 PM

How much is this?

pauhana 06-27-2008 05:20 AM

See www.MINIsInTheMountains.com

Originally Posted by seigmann (Post 2329106)
How much is this?

Hi Seigmann,
The full information, including signup (registration) is at:
www.MINIsInTheMountains.com
Hurry, though, registration ends at the end of July and the big event is only a week later, Aug. 6-10. There's lots going on that week and weekend in and near Copper Mountain, especially with MINIs.
Rick