North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   3rd Annual Helenblitz Charity Event (Feb. 26th - 28th) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-annual-helenblitz-charity-event-feb-26th-28th-332/)
-   -   3rd Annual Helenblitz Charity Event (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/3rd-annual-helenblitz-charity-event-feb-26th-28th/178193-3rd-annual-helenblitz-charity-event.html)

jabell2r 11-06-2009 05:15 AM

3rd Annual Helenblitz Charity Event

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...Logo_4_web.jpg

Welcome everyone to the official announcement for the 3rd Annual Helen Charity Event.

We are planning the event for February 26 - February 28, 2010 in Helen, GA. I will be sending out notices to various MINI vendors for donation and participation in the event.

We are looking at several events including the local winery tour, drives, social gatherings, car show, and auction and raffle.

With the help of our friends at Middle Georgia Minis and everyone here on NAM, all of us here at Mini Motoring Club of the Carolinas hope to make this an exciting event for everyone.

We will be posting more details as they come in so check back often. Hope to see you there.

jabell2r 11-23-2009 04:50 AM

I now have information for lodging:

Standard rooms $54.00
Riverfront w/Balcony $70

+ 15% tax..
10 standard and 10 River.. are reserved, you just need to call and let her know you are with the minis.
They do have wifi internet, and parking..
Also we can wash the cars, as long as there is no ban in effect.

1 nightstay available , mc or visa or personal check for the reservation. They now have an extended continental breakfast... bagels, poptarts.. toast, coffee, tea. .. and the like..

The Helendorf

800-445-2271

lawmann 11-24-2009 04:47 AM

Thanks for the info. Are you going to do dash plaques for this year? I will bring what I have left over from last year so you can distrubute/raffle/sell/whatever you desire. Don Racine gave us some "Motoring" books last year and I have a few left that I will also bring. I will look around ands see what else I have.

Mini Me R/C Racing 01-09-2010 03:49 PM

MINI R/C race this year?

Audrey,

I'm very excited about this years event. Are you all going to have a MINI R/C race this year? We couldn't last year due to the rain but Jim from Atlanta MINI's asked me about it since he has a few R/C Mini's and i know of another guy from Winston-Salem that also has a couple.

Brian

thatatvguy 01-14-2010 11:13 AM

Good question on the RC. I got one last year and was thinking about participating this year.

I'm terrible, but I think it would be great fun!

jabell2r 01-25-2010 04:53 AM

Ok so if you have RC cars bring them along. I will have to figure out a time and place for this to happen.

YELLOWMINIAZ 01-25-2010 03:27 PM

What is RC car?

Also, do you have a plan on what is going on and when? I just want to make sure if we are able to come that I can get Bob off work early enough so we dont miss any events.

lawmann 01-25-2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by YELLOWMINIAZ (Post 2965745)
What is RC car?

Also, do you have a plan on what is going on and when? I just want to make sure if we are able to come that I can get Bob off work early enough so we dont miss any events.

R/C is for Radio Controlled. We were going to have R/C MINI races last year but the weather didn't cooperate. There is intrest in this again this year.

Jabell2r will make a decision soon whether he's going to post the event schedule or just wait until the event and pass them out then. Events usually consist of a couple really great scenic drives, tour of the Habersham Winery, tour of the Nora Grist Mill, auction and raffles, shopping at the local shops, and MINI car show. The bulk of the events are usually on Saturday.

I hope this helps, I think the schedule will be similar to last year, but Jabell2r will make the determination on schedule.

YELLOWMINIAZ 01-28-2010 07:14 PM

I just want to make sure we get there in time on Friday for any festivities~!

Mini Me R/C Racing 01-30-2010 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=YELLOWMINIAZ;2965745]What is RC car?

Since your question has already been answered, I'll post a good video of Tamiya's Mini replica rc car. There are MINI races all over the country- I wish we could get one started in Georgia but off-road rc racing rules right now. Enjoy the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_jjvPIN1S0

MINIBee 02-10-2010 09:58 PM

Hoodies, shirts and other goodies are now available in my store. All proceeds go to the charity. Special thanks to COOPERation for another fabulous design.

Click HERE to order.

http://174.120.63.124/%7Eminibee/min...B111_Small.png

jabell2r 02-11-2010 06:02 AM

Thanks MINIBee everything looks awesome. We can't thank you enough for your support.

John

jabell2r 02-11-2010 06:04 AM

Helenblitz wine available..
Please post if you are planning on getting the Helenblitz another 50 years of motoring wine this year!!!! The winery has kindly offered to label wine for us!! It was awesome last year.. Good thinking Shaun!!! So please let us know, so we have a general idea!! I will post prices tomorrow.. :thumbsup:

jabell2r 02-11-2010 06:06 AM

I will be posting and tweaking this all week, if anyone sees anything that can be improved upon pls let me know!! Thank you

This year the host hotel is the HelenDorf:
33 Munich Strasse
Helen, GA 30545
They do have wifi.. and continental breakfast..
There are 19 reservations at the helendorf so far.. keep'em coming!!
helendorf@windstream.net

Friday Feb 26 2010:
Arrival day!!!! at your leisure..
Dinner.. place to be announced this week at 730 pm!!
After dinner ..hanging at the troll.. which is within walking distance.. some surprises there!!!

Saturday Feb 27 2010 :
Car wash at the Helendorf.. 730- until everyone is done..
Breakfast.. place to be announced -- at your leisure
930 am - meet at the Habersham winery for group pictures, tours of the winery, the gristmill - you can get your grits, flour , biscuit and gravy mixes here.. this is a must see if you have not ever been, its across the street from the winery. It is possible and I will have more info this week, that a photographer will come up and take the group shot, and then if you would like, they will put the picture on a t-shirt. More info to follow. This is also where anyone who is just motoring for the day, can meet us all.. get your maps for the drives and enjoy seeing each others mini!!!

1030: Drives will begin.. information on drives will be posted this week.. you do not have to sign up to participate in any drive.. just join in the fun.. contact any M2C2 member and if you havent received a map.. they will have extra copies..

230: Mini Mini Cooper races.. are you a RC fan? Well here is your chance to shine.. RC races held weather permitting at the helendorf parking lot.. more info to follow

600 pm: White Elephant Auction to benefit the Children's speedway charity... Helendorf lounge.. If you have anything you would like to bring.. to donate for the auction.. please bring it and contact.. Luke Shields ( blucooper) John Abel (jabel) or myself.. ruffcat.. Carol Thomas.. All donations gladly accepted!!!! Time to clean out your closets.. get rid of any mini cooper stuff you just don't know what to do with!!!

730: Dinner location.. TBA...
After dinner, again at the Troll.. having a good time!!

Sunday: Breakfast location tba.. at your leisure.. checkout.. and time to go home, and begin getting ready for AMVIV!!!!

See everyone soon:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also.. check out the Helendorf on Facebook.. this event is being listed there...

MINIBee 02-11-2010 06:07 AM

You are very welcome. And again, thanks to Craig (COOPERation) for the design. :thumbsup:

Already had one order come in this morning....

Originally Posted by jabell2r (Post 2979798)
Thanks MINIBee everything looks awesome. We can't thank you enough for your support.

John

lawmann 02-11-2010 05:13 PM

deleted

steggar 02-12-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by jabell2r (Post 2965292)
Ok so if you have RC cars bring them along. I will have to figure out a time and place for this to happen.

I will be arriving Friday afternoon, if you need any help with the R/C event let me know. I will be bringing a few cars and I know Seabiscuit will also be there with a car. It would be nice if we had a smooth clean area to set this event up. I can be contacted @ 770-815-5555. Jim Steggar

lawmann 02-12-2010 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by steggar (Post 2980699)
I will be arriving Friday afternoon, if you need any help with the R/C event let me know. I will be bringing a few cars and I know Seabiscuit will also be there with a car. It would be nice if we had a smooth clean area to set this event up. I can be contacted @ 770-815-5555. Jim Steggar

There was a large clean, smooth, concrete pad we were going to use last year, Seabiscuit has the details on it. The pad is just past the Helen Welcome Center where a few stores used to be located. Hopefully they haven't rebuilt on it. Otherwise we could use a portion of the parking area behind the Helendorf by the parkway.

Thanks Jim for working this with Seabiscuit, it's greatly appreciated.

lawmann 02-12-2010 08:27 AM

Dash Plaques??

Jabell2r,

Has anyone contacted RedLine Goods or MC2 Magazine? I'm taking the initiative to have them send their donations to me and I will bring them to Helen.

What about dash plaques? Did anyone place an order?? :eek2: