2008 Guinness World Record Attempt (July 26, 2008) Join the effort in Virginia Beach July 26th to up the ante on the MINI convoy record!

Schedule of events at the GWR500!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Warped1966
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Schedule of events at the GWR500!

I would first like to say that there will NOT be a Blind Auto Cross due to liability concerns and the lack of proper space to avoid obstacles and pedestrians at the event.

1: There will be a car show! The car show will run from 10AM until 1PM to give sufficient time for viewing by the public and the judges. There will be trophies for the winner(s)! Sign up forms will be available for this event at the gate!

2: The tire changing contest will be at noon! This will be a timed event. I believe that there is a trophy for this event too but I have to confirm that.

3: There will be a 50/50 raffle! The more tickets sold, the more COLD, HARD CASH you might win! Tell your friends! You can purchase tickets for this at the T-shirt/sticker tent! Ticket prices are $1 each, 6 tickets for $5, 12 tickets for $10 and 25 tickets for $20!

4: Event T-shirts are available for $15 each at the T-shirt/sticker tent. The back of the T-shirt looks like THIS. The front left breast logo looks like THIS. Event stickers are $5 each and they look like THIS. The event stickers are roughly 5 inches wide. My Mini, Tug, will have a really big version of the event stickers on his side quarter glasses at the event.

5: The entry fee is $5 per person, $15 per car full of people maximum. Children 6 and under will be admitted for free. When you enter, you will be given 1 ticket for a Chinese Auction per person in the car. If you want more, you can buy more at $5 each. The Chinese Auction prizes will be announced at the event.

6: Door prizes! There will be door prizes for various things such as the person who drove the farthest to attend, most unique Mini etc!

7: $500 Tire Rack Gift Certificate Raffle! We MUST sell at least $500 worth of tickets at $5 each! To facilitate this, we will offer 5 tickets for $20. Think about what you can get from Tire Rack for $500 or think of it as a $500 discount on those nice new rims you've always wanted! ** Note: Seven Cities Mini board members and their families will not be allowed to purchase tickets! **

More details will be posted as they are hammered out.