I've been lurking - North American Motoring

1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.

I've been lurking

Old 03-16-2019, 09:18 PM
txcowboy
Neutral
I've been lurking

Hello,

First off thank you all for the wealth of information on here. I have been reading through how-to's, accessing various links for parts, checking pictures, etc for a few months now. I bought this "fun" car, 2010 Mini cooper clubman s with the turbo, in July and it's been a struggle every day since not to light it on fire. It started with some initial tranny drain and filter to realize my problem was bigger than that turned into a full rebuild that had to be done twice-don't get me started. I've also done the thermostat housing, o2 sensors, aux water pump, and a few other odds and ends. I've never been overly sweet on these cars and my love affair is dying before it even got started. However, I wouldn't have gotten through doing 90+% of it myself without this site. So I thought I would actually join...for as long as I keep this car that drives me to drink even when it sits on the lift night after night.
V/r,
Cowboy