1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've been lurking

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 09:18 PM
txcowboy
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been lurking

Hello,

First off thank you all for the wealth of information on here. I have been reading through how-to's, accessing various links for parts, checking pictures, etc for a few months now. I bought this "fun" car, 2010 Mini cooper clubman s with the turbo, in July and it's been a struggle every day since not to light it on fire. It started with some initial tranny drain and filter to realize my problem was bigger than that turned into a full rebuild that had to be done twice-don't get me started. I've also done the thermostat housing, o2 sensors, aux water pump, and a few other odds and ends. I've never been overly sweet on these cars and my love affair is dying before it even got started. However, I wouldn't have gotten through doing 90+% of it myself without this site. So I thought I would actually join...for as long as I keep this car that drives me to drink even when it sits on the lift night after night.
V/r,
Cowboy

Old 03-24-2019, 02:24 AM
AnubisBC
1st Gear
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to NAM @txcowboy Sorry to hear about your troubles...

I'm also thankful that a site like NAM exists. It's been an enormous source of information, entertainment, and occasional drama for me over the years.

I'm a bit biased to the Gen 1 Minis. Even though I chase down stupid broken bits on these old buggers more often than I'd like, they never fail to entertain when driven. I can't speak for the newer generations, but I hope you find it worth the frustration such as I have!