North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   1st Gear (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear-114/)
-   -   New to Me 09 MCS (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear/328363-new-to-me-09-mcs.html)

Force10 06-12-2018 02:45 PM

New to Me 09 MCS

Hello fellow travelers,

As of 6/11/18, I am the proud owner of an 09 MCS, got it with a salvage title and a few issues, but runs and drives and looks pretty good. 121k on the clock. Vehicle was a theft recover, has some minor body flaws, but I'm excited to finally get a street legal go-cart.

Current list of issues, in general hierarchy of importance:

Headlight Strobing / High Low beam failure alerts - Will come on full strength if turned on prior to starting the engine, but turn off or strobe when the engine is running. Battery appears new, appear to be stock bi-xenon. Thinking FRM or connectors there.
Edit:
Strobing was fixed by a rewrite of VO/FA to FRM with NCSExpert, but then I had no high beams or hazards. Running through diagnosis I was able to engage high beams with the Schwaben, but no signal input indicated on INPA/e90. Issue was loose/dirty connections on the input connectors at the FRM.

Leaking thermostat housing
Growling front wheel bearings
Replace fluids/plugs (I could use some recommendations here)
A/C won't cool - Haven't heard the fan kick on, not sure where the issue is yet.
Passenger Door - wouldn't open from inside or outside initially, now it opens from the inside after fiddling with it. Need to completely remove the panel and ensure the cable is engaged. Fixed, but the cable is stretched, so I'll probably upgrade to BlackJack handles at some point.
Sunroof - Won't open unless pressure is applied to the rear of the back sunroof. Maybe just lube?
Misc panels loose in the interior.
Needs front lip spoiler replaced.

I do as much work as possible on my own vehicles, so I will likely be getting the Schwaben tool and try to figure out more on Tool32, etc.

Please bear with me, I'm sure I'll have questions!

Whine not Walnuts 06-12-2018 03:13 PM

Welcome to NAM.

Suggest you start a post in the Gen2 Stock Problems/Issues section. Should get more views there.

mini_wisconsin 06-12-2018 03:40 PM

It sounds like a 2009 MCS found a good home!

Force10 06-12-2018 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Whine not Walnuts (Post 4398173)
Welcome to NAM.

Suggest you start a post in the Gen2 Stock Problems/Issues section. Should get more views there.

I appreciate the suggestion. I have started one for my headlight issue, working through the possibilities. I posted the list here more to keep me on track, and I can cross them off when done.

Thanks!

Whine not Walnuts 06-12-2018 05:14 PM

I am a Gen1 guy so my knowledge of the Gen2 is very limited hence the reason for the suggestion of placing the questions in the Gen2 section.

Now if I have limited knowledge of the Gen2 then that means I know just about nothing about the Gen3s with all those fancy gizmos. Some guy made a post about the foot kick option was working to open something and I was just scratching my head as there have been plenty of times I would love to kick the sh_t out of my car when I am working on it. Who would have ever thought they would make an option of that and more importantly that people would pay for it?

Force10 06-12-2018 06:08 PM

I hear ya there. I've done my share of wrenching, but figure if I plan to continue doing my own work I'd better learn the keyboard wrenching for the brainy parts of the car.

ItsmeWayne 06-12-2018 06:33 PM

Hi and welcome to the NAM family!
Lots of info here to get you Mini in tip top shape and help from people that know these go carts!
Pics, We need pics!

Force10 06-12-2018 10:42 PM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.nor...04ab6d5e1e.jpgThis is the only one I right now, more to come!

ItsmeWayne 06-13-2018 09:25 AM

Nice!

JABowders 06-13-2018 01:25 PM

Welcome!

Good looking car, loads of information available here. Ideas and MODs to fill your hearts desire.

Motor On!

AnOldBiker 06-13-2018 06:18 PM

Welcome to the forum