Hi everyone from Spain - North American Motoring


1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.

Hi everyone from Spain

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 12-05-2017, 11:19 AM
fredi's Avatar
fredi fredi is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Castellón, Spain
Posts: 17
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hi everyone from Spain

Hi everyone!

First of all, sorry for my bad english. I'm not good in your speech, but i really like your forum, i wish try to participate.

My name is Fredi, i'm from Spain. I bought a Mini Cooper by Goodwood edtion in novembrer-2016, and previously i had a Mini Cooper r56, since 2010 to 2016. Minis is one of my greatest passions.

I share a few of photos to finish this presentation, my actual Mini, and my silver grey Cooper (actually sold):








Regards!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-05-2017, 11:39 AM
ECSTuning's Avatar
ECSTuning ECSTuning is online now
Platinum Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wadsworth,OH
Posts: 23,588
Thanked 102 Times in 101 Posts
Awesome, congrats on the MINI Goodwood. Such a rare car.

Here is the goodwood thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-goodwood.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-05-2017, 04:04 PM
r53coop r53coop is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC
Posts: 2,579
Thanked 192 Times in 183 Posts
Hola y bienvenidos a NAM

Good looking cars. We have a famous road here call the Tale of the Dragon, over 300 curves in 11 miles. You have anything in Espana similar??
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-06-2017, 07:36 AM
nqr31467 nqr31467 is offline
2nd Gear
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Western Suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 128
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Welcome to NAM!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-2017, 04:45 AM
fredi's Avatar
fredi fredi is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Castellón, Spain
Posts: 17
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
Awesome, congrats on the MINI Goodwood. Such a rare car.

Here is the goodwood thread: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-goodwood.html
Thanks!
Yes, in Spain i only see this for sale, an no one more. I was lucky.

Thanks for the Goodwood thread, i will to join in!


Quote:
Originally Posted by r53coop View Post
Hola y bienvenidos a NAM

Good looking cars. We have a famous road here call the Tale of the Dragon, over 300 curves in 11 miles. You have anything in Espana similar??
Hola! gracias

The Tale of Dragon is famous. Yes, in Spain we have a lot of curved roads. I live i a Valencian Community, in Castellón, one of the most montainous of Spain. We have a low mountain, but a high number of this. Owever i dont't has countes the curves. I promis give you a video or photos of this roads xD. I drive regulary for this places, only for fun.

Regards!


Quote:
Originally Posted by nqr31467 View Post
Welcome to NAM!
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-07-2017, 07:06 AM
MiniRoadstah's Avatar
MiniRoadstah MiniRoadstah is offline
5th Gear
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: "Glacial" Maine, USA
Posts: 930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Saludos! Great looking Minis, current and past. We share your passion for these fun driving cars. That Goodwood edition is definitely un Mini muy especial!

Look forward to seeing more pictures of your Mini on Spain's roads! And don't feel bad about your English. My Spanish needs a lot of work. Your English is fine!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-07-2017, 07:49 AM
ECSTuning's Avatar
ECSTuning ECSTuning is online now
Platinum Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wadsworth,OH
Posts: 23,588
Thanked 102 Times in 101 Posts
With 1000 of them worldwide, you might only be a handful in spain. Great find and the interior is awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-07-2017, 07:54 AM
GPMini's Avatar
GPMini GPMini is offline
2nd Gear
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Newberg, OR
Posts: 100
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Welcome Fredi, beautiful MINI!

I'll be in Barcelona in February, any suggestions of "must do" activities or things to see? Always good to get tips from locals :-)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-07-2017, 10:51 AM
AnOldBiker AnOldBiker is offline
3rd Gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 229
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-07-2017, 04:35 PM
fredi's Avatar
fredi fredi is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Castellón, Spain
Posts: 17
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniRoadstah View Post
Saludos! Great looking Minis, current and past. We share your passion for these fun driving cars. That Goodwood edition is definitely un Mini muy especial!

Look forward to seeing more pictures of your Mini on Spain's roads! And don't feel bad about your English. My Spanish needs a lot of work. Your English is fine!
Thanks! You are kind. Google translate help me a lot xD


Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
With 1000 of them worldwide, you might only be a handful in spain. Great find and the interior is awesome.
I only knew an another guy with a Goodwood in Spain, and have noticed of other three (i believe one of this was the first owner of my car).


Quote:
Originally Posted by GPMini View Post
Welcome Fredi, beautiful MINI!

I'll be in Barcelona in February, any suggestions of "must do" activities or things to see? Always good to get tips from locals :-)
Hi! I has lived a few months in Barcelona, for studies.
You can visit the typical touristic places. The Güell park and the Gaudí museum house epecially liked to me. The Ramblas, the Catedral and old urban center. In this you even can visit an antique roman ruins, in the underground. And the fortress od Monteserrat was a must have for me.

Out of the typical places, i recomend the wax museum, near the ramblas. Is horryfing. Laughts are garanteed.

You can visit the "Encants" market (encantos... charms?). It is a kind of suburban jumble sale, that mixture of rubbish and interesting things.

And finally you can eat xocolate in "Dulcinea", in Petritxol street. Ask for "melindros"

I hope i've helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
Welcome to the forum
Thanks!

Last edited by fredi; 12-07-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredi For This Useful Post:
ECSTuning (12-08-2017), GPMini (12-07-2017)
  #11  
Old 12-07-2017, 10:51 PM
GPMini's Avatar
GPMini GPMini is offline
2nd Gear
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Newberg, OR
Posts: 100
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredi View Post
Hi! I has lived a few months in Barcelona, for studies.
You can visit the typical touristic places. The Güell park and the Gaudí museum house epecially liked to me. The Ramblas, the Catedral and old urban center. In this you even can visit an antique roman ruins, in the underground. And the fortress od Monteserrat was a must have for me.

Out of the typical places, i recomend the wax museum, near the ramblas. Is horryfing. Laughts are garanteed.

You can visit the "Encants" market (encantos... charms?). It is a kind of suburban jumble sale, that mixture of rubbish and interesting things.

And finally you can eat xocolate in "Dulcinea", in Petritxol street. Ask for "melindros"

I hope i've helped!
I will certainly take note of your suggestions! Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-08-2017, 02:30 AM
fredi's Avatar
fredi fredi is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Castellón, Spain
Posts: 17
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
You welcome. Enjoy to your travel.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Ian Fraser Ian Fraser is offline
3rd Gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
With 1000 of them worldwide, you might only be a handful in spain. Great find and the interior is awesome.
Spain has 23

1 Reef Blue Manual
8 Manual Cars
15 Auto's
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Fraser For This Useful Post:
fredi (12-11-2017)
  #14  
Old 12-09-2017, 08:57 PM
ItsmeWayne's Avatar
ItsmeWayne ItsmeWayne is offline
5th Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern oregon
Posts: 907
Thanked 40 Times in 40 Posts
Hi and welcome to the NAM family!
Keep us up to date on your travels with your Mini Coopers!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ItsmeWayne For This Useful Post:
fredi (12-11-2017)
  #15  
Old 12-11-2017, 04:11 AM
fredi's Avatar
fredi fredi is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Castellón, Spain
Posts: 17
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Fraser View Post
Spain has 23

1 Reef Blue Manual
8 Manual Cars
15 Auto's
I don't unexpected more auto's than manuals in Spain!, that's a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeWayne View Post
Hi and welcome to the NAM family!
Keep us up to date on your travels with your Mini Coopers!
Thanks! it's done jaja
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-11-2017, 03:27 PM
ECSTuning's Avatar
ECSTuning ECSTuning is online now
Platinum Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wadsworth,OH
Posts: 23,588
Thanked 102 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Fraser View Post
Spain has 23

1 Reef Blue Manual
8 Manual Cars
15 Auto's
Thanks for the info, 1 reef blue...wow 1/8 manuals.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-12-2017, 01:44 PM
MiniRoadstah's Avatar
MiniRoadstah MiniRoadstah is offline
5th Gear
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: "Glacial" Maine, USA
Posts: 930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Spain has 24... just one Reef Blue manual off, unless the Reef Blue doesn't count!

It is strange that there would be more automatics than manuals in any European country. Maybe most of those automatics are being used as city cars in congested areas?

And how does Ian find out these Mini facts?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-13-2017, 04:11 AM
fredi's Avatar
fredi fredi is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Castellón, Spain
Posts: 17
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Yes, is possible that are for urban use... really, i have not explanation. Except great luxury or powerful cars, the manuals are the most common.

Mine come from Madrid, and is manual (if id had been auto, i don't had bought this car).
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57 AM.


North American Motoring is an independently operated web site supporting MINI owners and enthusiastsworldwide. As such it has no official relationship with MINI USA, BMW AG, or BMW of North America.All original artwork and design is Copyright © 2002-2004 North American Motoring. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.