1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from new mini owner in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 11:45 AM
pdeinc
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello from new mini owner in Florida

Finally pulled the trigger and picked up a nice 2009 Clubman S yesterday. Looking forward to enjoying this car around town and will be towing it behind our new-to-us Itasco Reyo RV.

I just sold my last business and now maybe can get on with the process of being retired although truth be told, I'll never stop working on something.

Besides the RV, I also have a 65 Sting Ray and a 32' Stiletto catamaran. And a 1978 GMC motorhome that is going to find a new home now that we have a new coach.

As for the mini, I'm struggling to get the Bluetooth to work. According to the VIN, it is installed but the phone option doesn't appear on the radio menu. And neither does the USB option while it's also present. And the AUX input doesn't work either. Minor issues I hope.

An unpleasant surprise that was all my fault is that I didn't notice before closing the deal was it doesn't have cruise control! I haven't owned a car in decades that didn't have it and never thought for a moment it wouldn't be on this car! From what I have cleaned on these forums is I can retrofit the steering wheel controls and then a visit to a dealer can activate the function. We'll see!

Ken

Old 10-15-2017, 12:19 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
welcome and congrats

Yes you can add cruise control as we have done it many times and we even offer a kit which will need to be programmed after install, but it can be done.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
The following users liked this post:
pdeinc (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 03:17 PM
AnOldBiker
4th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 145 Likes on 138 Posts
Welcome to the forum

pdeinc (10-16-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 05:26 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Yes, MINIs and cruise control. Who would think that this is a special option on a car in the price range involved. I thought I had a deal on a Gen1 R50, drove several hours to only find out the car did not have cruise. Ended up buying a R53 from the dealer that had cruise. So glad I bought the S.

Below is an old thread on the issue.

And, welcome to NAM. You have the N14 engine so make sure the oil is changed every 5,000 miles no exceptions. I know a guy with over 220k on his but know others that cruise the day they ever bought a car with a N14 in it.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...control-2.html

pdeinc (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 05:59 AM
nqr31467
3rd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Welcome to NAM. Congrats on retirement!!!

Old 10-17-2017, 10:15 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! I am here if you ever need anything. Enjoy your time here.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST