North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   1st Gear (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear-114/)
-   -   New Guy Here 👋✌️ (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear/317921-new-guy-here.html)

Greenbird555 08-08-2017 11:13 AM

New Guy Here 👋✌️

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone 👋

I have been obsessed with Minis ever since I recall seeing one in SF-CA back in 2005 and more so with the Paceman because of the cleaner liner design. With that being said I finally bought a Mini Cooper Paceman S 2015, but it isn't the one of my dreams because I prefer a manual like everyone else 😂 (No one wants to give those 15s/16s up). It's still an amazing 🚗 and I want I to start investing in my little weekend car now. The car has only 17k+ miles slapped onto it so that's epic alone.

I am just wondering what is the best current intake, cold-air intake to gain the max HP for my Mini Cooper Paceman S 2015 for starters?

I'm open to all suggestions and I'm in SF, CA so there many shops to choose from and they all have their connections in terms of parts, OEMs, etcetera, etcetera.

Please comment on what you have done for your Mini and add links below so I can view sites and possibly make a purchase.

Whine not Walnuts 08-08-2017 06:11 PM

Welcome to NAM.

If you have not already done so, may I suggest to check out the Mod Section of the MINI Countryman Subforum? There are just about 350 threads between the drivetrain and suspension areas. May pick up some good ideas.

Great looking car. Have you down any good twisties with it yet?

Greenbird555 08-08-2017 07:00 PM

@r53coop Hi hi!!!

Well I'm not use to using blogs such as this because it's something very new to me. It seems like a lot of sifting through 300+ posts.

Is this on another site or on here?

I'd like to see images from other humans cars on their intakes and how much HP gained from those types of upgrades.

squawSkiBum 08-08-2017 07:45 PM

Hey Greenbird555, that's a sharp looking car. I had a Paceman as a loaner for a day or two and enjoyed it.

Paceman sub-forum is here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...eman-talk-419/

Spend a few days reading the forum and getting the background, it will be time well spent to get a basic understanding of Minis and your car in particular. You'll find all sorts of information on modifications, including intakes. BTW, an intake isn't going to do much for HP on a turbocharged car - but some of them sure sound great!

Read and enjoy! Welcome to NAM.

WayMotorWorks 08-08-2017 07:51 PM

Welcome and Congrats:thumbsup:

Minnie.the.Moocher 08-08-2017 09:09 PM

Cold intake won't gain you HP, at least nothing measurable on this car.

Maybe when I was younger I wanted a manual, now I prefer the auto. They sell way more auto's than manuals so I guess not everyone wants a manual. Hard to find because they probably didn't make many Paceman manuals.

Check out http://www.burgertuning.com/Mini_Coo...nce_tuner.html for some added zip to your car.

Greenbird555 08-09-2017 09:23 AM

@r53coop I have driven the car going up to Calistoga and seriously b____s wanna try me on sharp jagged corners lol. I of course can handle the car, but I was worried for some trying to act hard.

Greenbird555 08-10-2017 01:29 PM

@Minnie.the.Moocher how much would you say exactly then?

ECSTuning 08-10-2017 02:43 PM

Welcome. That tint makes a difference on the MINIs and the lines/looks. Congrats.

Minnie.the.Moocher 08-10-2017 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Greenbird555 (Post 4321480)
@Minnie.the.Moocher how much would you say exactly then?

Are you asking about the CAI? Most every honest re seller will tell you they make noise but little to no HP on these Turbo cars with smart ECU's.

If you mean the JB+ from Burger, no idea on HP other than what they claim, but once you hit 3000 rpm or so you can feel the added power with butt dyno.

Greenbird555 08-10-2017 05:24 PM

@Minni.the.Moocher I don't know what a CAI and what is a smart ECU?

3lusive 08-11-2017 04:44 PM

Expect like 2-3 hp, you don't get a CAI for the power increase. Adding a CAI will give you a little more noise and a nice blow-off sound. I went with a dry aFe filter and that gives me the noise without spending much, it was about $50. JB+ chip will give you more power for around $230, probably the best bang for the buck. Plug n play so easy to remove for dealer visits.

ItsmeWayne 08-12-2017 09:19 AM

Hi and welcome to NAM! Enjoy your new o you Mini!

MIminiclubman 08-12-2017 11:00 AM

A big welcome to NAM from Wisconsin!!

Minnie.the.Moocher 08-12-2017 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Greenbird555 (Post 4321552)
@Minni.the.Moocher I don't know what a CAI and what is a smart ECU?

Cold Air Intake - google "cold air intake myth busted " Several people have tested the claims of added HP. The smart ECU is the brain of the car, it can adjust on the fly for changes in air entering the car. You don't get cold air in the engine compartment so it makes zero sense in most cases.