1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heart says HELL YES!! Gut says HELL NO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 11:29 AM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good looking couple of Minis. 4 door is very practical, too. If you keep a Mini well maintained and don't do too much crazy stuff with it, it should be a good reliable daily, that's way more fun to drive than other cars. Great choice.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Furkan Cem
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by damnitdanny
Hello from South FL !!!
I have a chance to get a 07 r56s with only 25k on the clock. It is love at first sight & drive. This thing is in great condition the out side has a few dings, some rim rash and the inside is like brand new.
My problem with pulling the trigger is all the horrific stories I've read on here and across the interwebs. There seems to be a absolute love with the car itself, yet a real disgust for the product. I'm fairly mechanical so many things I'd be capable of fixing...I don't want to ramble...I guess I just want to know are the 2007s-09s really that bad.
DO IT!

I bought an '08 MCS with 36,000 miles on the clock and I couldn't be happier! All I had to do was change the thermostat, everything else (fuel pump, timing chain and tensioner, valve gaskets) was all taken care of by the previous owner.

I have 42,000 miles currently after a few months of driving and no real problems. I am planning on a walnut blasting and spark plug change soon.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:58 AM
damnitdanny
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did it!!

Thank you all for the advice, suggestions and tips...

I am now the proud owner of a 2013 r56 Cooper S!!!

Last edited by damnitdanny; 04-03-2017 at 02:26 PM. Reason: added a picture
Old 03-30-2017, 12:54 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats! Now splash some pictures of your R56 on here!! Way to go!!