1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone patiently waiting for Mignon to arrive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 05:06 PM
the_edge8
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone patiently waiting for Mignon to arrive?

Howdy everyone, it's been a while. I am waiting on the WW Mignon to arrive in NY, looks like on the 23rd. Anyone riding with me? I'm waiting on an auto 4 Door Cooper S BRG, black top, black stripes, black victory rims and that's it for options!

This is my 2nd MINI and I have to say, the whole process thus far has been WAY faster than back in 2008. We shall see how long it takes to go from NY to Westchester and then into my hands this go. It looks like it could be as early as next week if everything goes smoothly. My original outlook was mid-late March!

Apologies if someone is already talking about this topic elsewhere--but I couldn't find a thread.

So Mignon seems to have fallen off the sailwx site, but I found it active on vesselfinder......Here's the link in case anyone needs it (if you are reading this, you probably already have this info.....)
https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9189251

Old 02-23-2017, 05:33 PM
the_edge8
2nd Gear
Wooo it arrived at port! Nobody is on this one with me?! What gives?

Old 02-23-2017, 11:03 PM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
If it was Filet Mignon you would have more takers.

Good luck when you get it!

Old 02-24-2017, 07:57 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
The port in Newark gets very busy. I have been there. When mine MINI went through charleston SC, it was much faster.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...on-center.html

Good read here.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-26-2017, 08:26 AM
GeneralSpecific
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well this is pretty neat, didn't even know you could track boats like this!

Old 02-26-2017, 03:11 PM
the_edge8
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by GeneralSpecific
Well this is pretty neat, didn't even know you could track boats like this!
Did you find you were on this boat? I'm surprised nobody else chimed in from this forum. It seems like there were 79 other cars on this ship--no idea if they were all MINI or BMW or something else though...

It's very cool, it's also odd how you can find the boats on one site vs another. If you are ordering, you can track your car across the ocean...until it gets off the ship. From there, I haven't found any way of seeing/tracking where it is until it magically shows up at the dealer and they are ready for you to pick up.

Old 03-01-2017, 06:32 PM
the_edge8
2nd Gear
Just in case anyone is following this, but not chiming in.... If you were on that WW Mignon boat that docked in NY, and are waiting on a car in the tri-state area, I am told I should be expecting delivery on 3/7 at the earliest. So it is looking like you can expect delivery about 2 weeks after your car arrives at the port these days. Anyone else have that experience?

Just to put it in perspective, my order was placed 1/30/17.

Is it just me or do I feel like people were much more into tracking orders back in 2008...? Is this thing on? *tap tap tap*

Old 03-04-2017, 08:43 AM
GeneralSpecific
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Could be... maybe because MINIs are more common now there's less interest?
I was really just curious about tracking stuff on big boats! :-D

Old 03-06-2017, 06:27 PM
the_edge8
2nd Gear

Annnd here she is!

Old 03-19-2017, 07:54 PM
MINI*Me
Neutral
Originally Posted by the_edge8

Annnd here she is!
Looks great, congrats! How do you like it so far?

My order just flipped to "scheduled for production" on the mini owners lounge...even if it's done I'm not taking delivery until I move out to CA in June

Old 03-19-2017, 08:16 PM
the_edge8
2nd Gear
So far I put nearly 600 miles on it. It is SO much faster than my last '09 Justa. It's a totally different car in every way. I love the 4 doors, having people jump in and out is beyond easier than the 2 door model (this is my daily/only driver now). It's much larger than the last gen and 2 door: wider and longer. Way quieter ride, much more refined. I've noticed 2 weird things though:

1. Whenever I use my phone for Bluetooth GPS, whenever the GPS kicks on, it also triggers my iPhone to start playing music--even though I never pressed play. Going to have to ask the dealer about this, because I can't figure it out.

2. The one thing I have a question about is this vibration I've noticed after letting my foot off the brake during a stop light/idle. I can't determine if it's just the way the car is, or if something is wrong. I've already started another thread asking about if anyone has experienced this as well, so far nobody has really said they noticed it or not:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ring-idle.html

June! Oh man! Well, my first MINI experience, back in '09, I waited just over 4 months to get mine. Is this your first MINI? Either way, it will make it that much more exciting when you get it!

Old 03-21-2017, 08:42 AM
MINI*Me
Neutral
That bluetooth/usb issue with autoplay is pretty common. Happens to me when renting cars all the time (travel a lot for work).

The vibration thing...is it the engine kind of revving up a bit? My GTI does that...like letting off the brakes makes the engine do some shimmying. I like it actually.

And yes, my first MINI. Actually I got it for my wife. A new S Convertible for our upcoming move to Southern California. Very excited to get it and hit those canyon roads!

Old 03-21-2017, 09:24 AM
the_edge8
2nd Gear
The engine shimmy is definitely while revving up, only during that area between 600-1000 rpm I would say, then it's gone instantly. Interesting to know that GTI does the same thing. So what you are saying is nothing to worry about here, it seems.

Later today day I might spend some time figuring out that Bluetooth issue since it still happens.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:43 AM
chipfiev
3rd Gear
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
For #2, when the transmission is in normal mode (not sport shifting), the car puts itself in neutral when stopped. When you lift your foot off the brake, I think you're feeling the car put itself back in gear.

If you put the car in sport shifting, this doesn't happen. You can also feel this by putting the car in sport shifting mode with your foot on the brake; you can feel the car "dip" as it tries to roll forward against the brakes.

Hope I'm understanding you correctly and that this helps.
Congrats on your new MINI.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:16 AM
the_edge8
2nd Gear
Ok so just did some driving around, Sport mode definitely significantly reduces the shimmy. It is just barely there in sport mode--a passenger wouldn't notice it, but I do.

I was was unaware that the tranny shifts into neutral in normal driving mode during a stop even when auto on/off is disabled. Does that save gas or less strain on engine?