1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 R58 Coupe S - Happiness can be bought!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 04:18 PM
Jaaaggg
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 R58 Coupe S - Happiness can be bought!

Long story short, buddy of mine bought a R56 Cooper S to use as a daily driver and let me drive it once. That's all it took for me to fall in love, so there began my search for a perfect to me R56 Cooper.

In that search, I ran across the R58 Coupe and it looked goofy at first (still kinda does). The car was a 1 owner, GA owned vehicle and was priced very well. So, I figured I would go take a look in person and give it a chance. And I am glad I did, the color scheme, how unique it looked in person, and the way it handled instantly brought a big smile to my face. To me, that was the whole point of buying a MINI. Made quite a low ball offer for the out the door price and the dealership agreed to it! I was the happiest guy the day I brought it home (same day I test drove it).

Went to the mountains the next morning!

Attached Thumbnails 2013 R58 Coupe S - Happiness can be bought!-r58-coupe-s-1.jpg   2013 R58 Coupe S - Happiness can be bought!-r58-coupe-s-2.jpg   2013 R58 Coupe S - Happiness can be bought!-r58-coupe-s-3.jpg   2013 R58 Coupe S - Happiness can be bought!-r58-coupe-s-4.jpg   2013 R58 Coupe S - Happiness can be bought!-r58-coupe-s-5.jpg  

Old 02-21-2017, 08:10 PM
GeneralSpecific
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to the Coupe club!

Old 02-21-2017, 08:18 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice snag... great deal and car! All these Mini's are a hoot to drive. Congrats. Good color combination, too.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:46 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts
Hi Jaaaggg,
Welcome to the NAM family
Nice looking ride. Lets us know about your trip to the mountains!

Old 02-22-2017, 02:05 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Welcome.

So much fun in the R58, I love mine.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-22-2017, 04:26 PM
GeneralSpecific
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Welcome.

So much fun in the R58, I love mine.
I always get a kick seeing your car in the product pictures on ECS' website.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:53 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
The R58 likes the to be photographed Thanks

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 02-23-2017, 12:15 PM
Jaaaggg
1st Gear
Thanks for all the warm welcomes folks! Excited to be a Coupe owner, it is such a unique and rare car! Driving around town I have noticed so many people do double takes when they see the R58 drive by.

The current stable makes me a happy man

Attached Thumbnails 2013 R58 Coupe S - Happiness can be bought!-r58-coupe-s-6.jpg   2013 R58 Coupe S - Happiness can be bought!-jag-1.jpg  
Old 02-23-2017, 02:06 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
A very nice stable!

Old 02-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Jaaaggg
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniRoadstah
A very nice stable!
Thank you sir! Been barely a week and the mods have already started

Old 02-26-2017, 04:03 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
When I went to see the roadster that I eventually bought, it had the JCW exhaust/intake and tuning on it. Made me think about it, and do some extra research, before I bought the car, since I had never considered any JCW bits and pieces.

Turned out to be one of the best parts of this car. I'd driven quite a few during the search, including new leftovers, but none had the optional JCW exhaust. I figured, and feared, that it would make the car too loud on the highway, but it's not. Love the sound.

Excellent ad!

Old 02-26-2017, 05:24 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Congrats it looks great.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 02-27-2017, 08:49 AM
Jaaaggg
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MiniRoadstah
When I went to see the roadster that I eventually bought, it had the JCW exhaust/intake and tuning on it. Made me think about it, and do some extra research, before I bought the car, since I had never considered any JCW bits and pieces.

Turned out to be one of the best parts of this car. I'd driven quite a few during the search, including new leftovers, but none had the optional JCW exhaust. I figured, and feared, that it would make the car too loud on the highway, but it's not. Love the sound.

Excellent ad!
That's awesome that your Roadster came with the JCW kit on it, once you experience that, you can't go back to the "regular" S.

The JCW muffler adds the right amount of volume and tone, it makes all the good noises without being obnoxious.

Originally Posted by WayMotorWorks
Congrats it looks great.
Thanks!

Old 02-27-2017, 10:38 AM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Wow, great pictures and love the video. I did the same conversion from S to JCW muffler on my last MINI and it made such a difference! I also made a video showing the difference in tone but yours is much better quality. Being an 08 it didn't have the pops and burbles in the N18 engines though, which I lusted for. The JCW muffler on an S is definitely the best exhaust to go with - louder than the S, with perfect tone and not drony on the highway. And cheaper to buy than most other exhaust systems!

Old 02-27-2017, 12:58 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Jaaaggg
That's awesome that your Roadster came with the JCW kit on it, once you experience that, you can't go back to the "regular" S.

The JCW muffler adds the right amount of volume and tone, it makes all the good noises without being obnoxious.
JCW kit is the perfect addition. And to think I was worried about it when I first went to see the Roadster.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:23 PM
MCS4FUN
6th Gear
Received 498 Likes on 347 Posts
Cool, White Silver!

Likewise, installed OEM JCW muffler (although not full JCW kit) and love the sound - especially with manual gearbox!

Bought mine CPO last May and still less than 19K total miles, since not a daily driver since new. Makes great Garage Art simply parked inside out of the weather! Hey, I'm fussy about my stuff - how about you???

Old 02-28-2017, 10:18 AM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MCS4FUN
Cool, White Silver!

Likewise, installed OEM JCW muffler (although not full JCW kit) and love the sound - especially with manual gearbox!

Bought mine CPO last May and still less than 19K total miles, since not a daily driver since new. Makes great Garage Art simply parked inside out of the weather! Hey, I'm fussy about my stuff - how about you???
Another White Silver... there must be a few around. This Roadster's not a daily driver... stays out of the bad weather during Winter, but our Winter's are definitely getting shorter here in Maine, so it's not too painful.

Roads are clearing off and the forecast rain and thunderstorms tomorrow (Wednesday) should clean off any of the leftover road salt. That means we may be out motoring top down by Thursday.