1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you thank you thank you!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 09:14 PM
GreatRewards
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you thank you thank you!

If the title didn't tip you off, this thread is simply a huge "THANK YOU" to the moderators and mostly the members here at NAM.

I own 2 MINIs (an '05 Cooper base and an '07 Cooper S) and have had a few minor issues (who wouldn't with a 12-year-old car, eh?) over the years.

Whenever something comes up, I begin my diagnosis like most folks: Google. Invariably, my google searches always lead me back to NAM and the extremely helpful folks here.

I can't say how much money and frustration you folks have saved me, but it's significant, to say the least.

My latest issue was my '05 that wouldn't start. My first thought was the starter, and I quickly learned how difficult it is to replace (more than likely beyond my own ability, which means $$$). After perusing several threads here at NAM, I began to suspect the Ignition Switch, instead, and realized that it was something I could at least LOOK at myself.

30 minutes later, after having removed the I.S., taking it apart, putting it back together and re-installing it in my car: viola! Starts EVERY time I turn the key!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to each and every one of you here at NAM.

Don't ever leave me!

Sincerely, Kevin

Old 01-05-2017, 05:16 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
lol...glad you figured it out and shared the story...

Old 01-05-2017, 05:39 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Glad it helped. Great to have a resource like this and the information posted by members that love their MINIs. You must have looked at this thread https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-question.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 01-05-2017, 09:58 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Great to hear it, Great! This is a true enthusiasts forum and we all pretty much share the same passion.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:33 AM
Bernard Barbour
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kevin, that's a great story, and I assume many of us here go thought the same process, but not so many give a big fat "Thank you". Well Thank you Sir and have a great day, because your story will probably lead someone else to NAM, who'll figure out how to fix their car or at least get heading in the right directions towards a repair saving them time and money, and that's invaluable. Cheers and motor on!

Old 01-08-2017, 12:33 PM
MiniRoadstah
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Mini knowledge base here on NAM is excellent. It's a great site with a great group of dedicated Mini enthusiasts. I've done most of my Mini learning here, before and after buying our Mini. Much of what I've learned from NAM members gave me the confidence to become an owner. Invaluable info that we all should know before committing to drive off in a Mini.

Old 01-08-2017, 06:18 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Glad we could be of help

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 01-15-2017, 11:12 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Always glad help out, we own dozens of Classic and New MINIs for the street and track, so if we don't have an answer we'll point you in the right direction.

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.