North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   1st Gear (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear-114/)
-   -   "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear/255757-those-waiting-for-a-2014-support-group.html)

MINI_42 09-01-2013 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by KennyR (Post 3802718)
To respond to your original question, since your build is a 2013 hardtop and there are no changes to this model until later this year when the new F56 model will replace the hardtop, your car was built on the same MINI assembly lines in Oxford as the other 2014 models. The hardtop will continue to be produced as a 2013 for several more months.

3 days after your scheduled completion date, it should be at the Southampton port to be loaded on a cargo ship. So on Sept 7-8, try the WW shipping website, enter your VIN number into the "search cargo" box, and it hopefully it will be there and you can follow. If it ships on K-line, the shipping search process is more complex (see other sticky threads for more info).

Mine is a 2013 JCW HT. I ordered it June 28th, it was completed August 12th and has been sitting at the port ever since. That makes it 20 days with seagulls sitting on it. I am pissed.

Bludevilx 09-01-2013 10:43 AM

Hey MINI_42, would your port of arrival by chance be Baltimore?

MINI_42 09-01-2013 10:53 AM

No sir, it is Brunswick GA. Why?

Bludevilx 09-01-2013 10:57 AM

Just wondering, thought ours might be on the same boat next week. Though I think your MINI will leave well before mine.

MINI_42 09-01-2013 11:06 AM

That would be nice...I'm starting to get agitated with this process, since I began it 8 weeks ago and it is still in bloody England. I think I can get over there and paddle it back faster myself! Dammit!

tampadave 09-01-2013 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by MINI_42 (Post 3802908)
That would be nice...I'm starting to get agitated with this process, since I began it 8 weeks ago and it is still in bloody England. I think I can get over there and paddle it back faster myself! Dammit!

I'll send you some oars. On the serious side, I hope you get shipped out soon.

KennyR 09-01-2013 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by MINI_42 (Post 3802908)

I'd be very frustrated too if I was waiting as long as you have.

The Track Your MINI sticky thread should probable include a warning that the MINI plant in Oxford shuts down for the last 2 weeks in August for vacation, model year changeovers, etc. The UK mandates that workers must get and take 28 days of vacation per year, and whole plants just shut down for weeks.

I must have lucked out, as my production completion date was 8/13 and it was at the port awaiting transport 8/14. Everyone with a completion date much after then seems to be awaiting the factory to restart in order to get their cars to the dock and out. :impatient:

14PacemanS 09-01-2013 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by MINI_42 (Post 3802905)
No sir, it is Brunswick GA. Why?

Hey my Paceman might be on the ship with yours!! I am south of Houston also. Mine started last week though...your wait really sucks. You wouldn't happen to be in "Pack 112" would you? Lot of us in that Pack, but yours seems to be bordering on the extreme for the wait.

MINI_42 09-02-2013 04:37 AM

How do you tell what pack you are in? If I was to guess, I would say pack 111, but that's a guess from the Vehicle Inquiry Report my MA emailed me.

South of Houston? Like Friendswood (me) or somewhere? I just called MINI customer service in the UK...since MINI USA is on a labour day holiday. They said they only have info on UK orders (duh!), and can't (won't) give me the number for the people handling the shipping portion.

Sounds like Kenny you were lucky. I guess mine was in the queue behind yours at the dock and there was no room left on the boat. Although mine was completed a day before yours, on the 12th...??? Strange.

14PacemanS 09-02-2013 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by MINI_42 (Post 3803213)
How do you tell what pack you are in? If I was to guess, I would say pack 111, but that's a guess from the Vehicle Inquiry Report my MA emailed me.

South of Houston? Like Friendswood (me) or somewhere? I just called MINI customer service in the UK...since MINI USA is on a labour day holiday. They said they only have info on UK orders (duh!), and can't (won't) give me the number for the people handling the shipping portion.

Sounds like Kenny you were lucky. I guess mine was in the queue behind yours at the dock and there was no room left on the boat. Although mine was completed a day before yours, on the 12th...??? Strange.

I am in Webster...but moving to Friendswood very soon!! As far as pack, it's on the VIR. It would be the number under Order Status. If you are 111, you must be at the end of the pack. I hope my wait isn't as long as yours!! You order from MINI Clear Lake? We may be picking ours up together....

Bludevilx 09-02-2013 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by KennyR (Post 3802939)
The Track Your MINI sticky thread should probable include a warning that the MINI plant in Oxford shuts down for the last 2 weeks in August for vacation, model year changeovers, etc. The UK mandates that workers must get and take 28 days of vacation per year, and whole plants just shut down for weeks.

That's some great info KennyR. Thanks! That explains why my completion date was so far away. It does Suck but at least I know now what's going on. Not fun to be kept in the dark about your order. :impatient:

MINI_42 09-02-2013 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by 14PacemanS (Post 3803224)
I am in Webster...but moving to Friendswood very soon!! As far as pack, it's on the VIR. It would be the number under Order Status. If you are 111, you must be at the end of the pack. I hope my wait isn't as long as yours!! You order from MINI Clear Lake? We may be picking ours up together....

I used to live in Clear Lake but am so much happier in FW. I visited MOCL several times, but the sales manager was always a jerk. I ended up buying from Momentum...but I believe I may have made a mistake going that route! Bought one in 2007 from MOTW and had a sensational transaction...but the sales guy left (and the place fell apart since).

I'm out of the country working right now, hoping the car is waiting for me when I get back to town on the 24th Sept. Fingers crossed...anxious for it to get on a ship, as it's only 3 weeks away!

14PacemanS 09-02-2013 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by MINI_42 (Post 3803293)
I used to live in Clear Lake but am so much happier in FW. I visited MOCL several times, but the sales manager was always a jerk. I ended up buying from Momentum...but I believe I may have made a mistake going that route! Bought one in 2007 from MOTW and had a sensational transaction...but the sales guy left (and the place fell apart since).

I'm out of the country working right now, hoping the car is waiting for me when I get back to town on the 24th Sept. Fingers crossed...anxious for it to get on a ship, as it's only 3 weeks away!

I hope it's here waiting for you too!!

I'm sure we will enjoy Friendswood. MOCL has been really good with me so far. Especially since I special ordered a different Paceman then changed my mind while it was sitting waiting to be transported. They tried to talk me into staying with it, but I would have not been happy with it in the end so I made them place a new order. The SM was not happy but complied. The changes MINI made to the available packages made me rethink my order and ultimately change it. So I blame MINI!!

I'm sure we will cross paths in Friendswood at some point!! I'll keep an eye out for you...:)

MINI_42 09-02-2013 10:21 AM

I forgot, my pack is 111. When are you moving to FW? Maybe we could start a MINI club? I would start it myself, but it might sound weird if I was the only member...

I really like the FWPD, they are a proactive mob, unlike the Houston PD. The bad part is they don't discriminate - meaning even MINI drivers are susceptible to being stopped! But as I've found with them in the past, you call them, they are there. Not that that has happened a lot.

tampadave 09-02-2013 10:29 AM

No live bodies at ASK MINI today, but the automated system says my Roaster S is 'scheduled for production'. No assigned production date. When I purchased my MINI on August 17th, it took over a previously allocated dealer slot assigned to 'Pack 112' on August 6th. Patience is hard to come by...

Grumpy_i_m 09-02-2013 10:48 AM

2014 S Coupe in pack 112

I have a 2014 S Coupe on order 8/3. Ask MINI says it is Scheduled for production.
Delivery was estimated for first week in Oct.
I was cool for the first month, but I believe the next few weeks will be a bit more difficult.

"yes I have already bought some 'WELCOME' gifts for El Coupe' when it arrives.

'Hello to All'

tampadave 09-02-2013 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m (Post 3803374)
I have a 2014 S Coupe on order 8/3. Ask MINI says it is Scheduled for production.
Delivery was estimated for first week in Oct.
I was cool for the first month, but I believe the next few weeks will be a bit more difficult.

Saying the "next few weeks will be a bit more difficult" is an understatement, my friend. I've waited less time, but I'm chomping at the bit!

Montgoau 09-02-2013 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by tampadave (Post 3803379)

Saying the "next few weeks will be a bit more difficult" is an understatement, my friend. I've waited less time, but I'm chomping at the bit!

Agreed, I ordered back on 6/18 and my car is just now about to dock in LA. Then I have to wait for the VDC to do its thing before it makes it on a truck out to Colorado. I think I should have it around the 15th but the closer the date gets the harder it is to wait.

I'm going to list my '04 for sale this week so there is a chance I'll have to go completely MINI-less for the first time in over a decade.

Grumpy_i_m 09-02-2013 12:30 PM

Your wait is hopefully soon over

Originally Posted by Montgoau (Post 3803400)
Agreed, I ordered back on 6/18 and my car is just now about to dock in LA. Then I have to wait for the VDC to do its thing before it makes it on a truck out to Colorado. I think I should have it around the 15th but the closer the date gets the harder it is to wait.

I'm going to list my '04 for sale this week so there is a chance I'll have to go completely MINI-less for the first time in over a decade.

"am Happy to hear your wait is almost over."

Good luck on your sale!

QuietHarper 09-02-2013 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by tampadave (Post 3803364)
No live bodies at ASK MINI today, but the automated system says my Roaster S is 'scheduled for production'. No assigned production date. When I purchased my MINI on August 17th, it took over a previously allocated dealer slot assigned to 'Pack 112' on August 6th. Patience is hard to come by...

Tell me about it. Same deal for me -- assigned to Pack 112, no assigned production date... Just enough information to make me obsessive. Patience -- what's that? Add in that I'm in Peru at the moment so it sometimes takes 2 or 3 tries to make the automated systems understand the keypresses (I gave up on the voice response part a while ago.... too aggravating unless I'm talking to a human that can cope with intermittent connections).

Getting out the popcorn, and thinking about whether I need an anesthetic, applied nightly, to get me through the week...

14PacemanS 09-02-2013 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by MINI_42 (Post 3803357)
I forgot, my pack is 111. When are you moving to FW? Maybe we could start a MINI club? I would start it myself, but it might sound weird if I was the only member...

I really like the FWPD, they are a proactive mob, unlike the Houston PD. The bad part is they don't discriminate - meaning even MINI drivers are susceptible to being stopped! But as I've found with them in the past, you call them, they are there. Not that that has happened a lot.

Moving ASAP, just waiting for the call that the apartment we want is available...we are next on list!!

I'm not big on clubs. Hate the rules and crap that go along with them. Maybe just a "gathering", but has to be more than 2 of us to be a gathering I think...LOL

I know Houston has HMMS. Maybe we could head out to some of their stuff. Or just meet at Dunn's coffee and slowly get other local MINI's to come out.

I hope our cars show up soon!!:impatient:

Grumpy_i_m 09-02-2013 02:43 PM

Pack 112... in upper case is PACK !!@

Originally Posted by QuietHarper (Post 3803434)
Tell me about it. Same deal for me -- assigned to Pack 112, no assigned production date... Just enough information to make me obsessive. Patience -- what's that? Add in that I'm in Peru at the moment so it sometimes takes 2 or 3 tries to make the automated systems understand the keypresses (I gave up on the voice response part a while ago.... too aggravating unless I'm talking to a human that can cope with intermittent connections).

Getting out the popcorn, and thinking about whether I need an anesthetic, applied nightly, to get me through the week...

I am also in PACK 112. I have read that many of us are Pack 112, someone has suggested we start a PACK 112 Thread.
Personally I hope to still have some hair left when the MINI S Coupe key fob is in my hands for the first time.

You may have to spring for a "Sat Phone" to feed your need while in Peru.

Take Care

:wink:

tampadave 09-02-2013 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m (Post 3803467)
I am also in PACK 112. I have read that many of us are Pack 112, someone has suggested we start a PACK 112 Thread.
Personally I hope to still have some hair left when the MINI S Coupe key fob is in my hands for the first time.

You may have to spring for a "Sat Phone" to feed your need while in Peru.

Take Care

:wink:

As mentioned earlier, the ASK MINI automated line today indicated I'm scheduled for production (no start date given). Just a few days ago, an ASK MINI rep acknowledged there was no official start date, but she said I should go into production the first week of September. She again made reference to the August 6th date notation on my VIR: '112-scheduled for daily production'.

Grumpy_i_m 09-02-2013 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by tampadave (Post 3803471)
As mentioned earlier, the ASK MINI automated line today indicated I'm scheduled for production (no start date given). Just a few days ago, an ASK MINI rep acknowledged there was no official start date, but she said I should go into production the first week of September. She again made reference to the August 6th date notation on my VIR: '112-scheduled for daily production'.

tampadave

It looks like we are on the the same general time line. September production October delivery.
:thumbsup:
I am emailing the MA at the dealer in the morning to check on the build data, the data on the Mini OL is missing an item. ( i am told that is not uncommon) But, I think it is worth confirming.

KennyR 09-02-2013 04:31 PM

It's still a horserace...

Spinning out of the turn, it's Grumpy several lengths ahead of MINI 42 in the "race" for the "Longest Time Between Order and Delivery in the Waiting for a 2014" thread...heading into the homestretch, its... (to be continued).

Glad we allowed MINI to be an honorary member of the 2014 group since he's really waiting for a 2013. :lol:

Hopefully, I'll have an update from the WW website in the next 24 hours, since I'm tracking the Tosca and it's finally in the U.S. in Chesapeake Bay, and should dock in Baltimore tomorrow.