North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   1st Gear (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear-114/)
-   -   "Those waiting for a 2014" Support Group (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear/255757-those-waiting-for-a-2014-support-group.html)

jwardell 09-09-2013 05:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After nearly three weeks sitting bored at the VDC, my was finally delivered to the dealer this weekend! Hopefully just a couple more days for documentation and I will finally get to drive it! I still drove up to see it.

KennyR 09-09-2013 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by jwardell (Post 3807211)
After nearly three weeks sitting bored at the VDC, my was finally delivered to the dealer this weekend! Hopefully just a couple more days for documentation and I will finally get to drive it! I still drove up to see it.

Great news after the too-long wait. It shouldn't take your dealer more than a day to get the final clean up done, install any minor dealer-accessories you may have ordered, etc. Glad you can enjoy it very soon!

hobbes75 09-09-2013 02:36 PM

Just got confirmation my CM ALL4 is on the Toronto and due in CA 10/2. Dealer says they usually have them 7-8 days after it hits the VDC. Keeping fingers crossed.

tampadave 09-09-2013 04:05 PM

jwardell and hobbes75:

Good show! They say the wait is totally worth the reward. Enjoy!

Grumpy_i_m 09-09-2013 04:59 PM

We are beginning to see some action in the Pack 112 orders.
Great News.

T Dave: You were 8 or 10 hours ahead of me in the production schedule, have you received any updates?

tampadave 09-09-2013 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m (Post 3807485)
We are beginning to see some action in the Pack 112 orders.
Great News.

T Dave: You were 8 or 10 hours ahead of me in the production schedule, have you received any updates?

I believe I'm scheduled to complete production by 9/13 (Friday). But I understand that's an estimate. It's lag time awaiting a ship and VDC delays that concern me more than the factory build. At least my MINI dealership is only an hour's drive from the Baltimore port and VDC location.

Are you getting stripes on the Coupe's 'helmet'? I've seen examples at MINI of Sterling and they look great. Adds quite a bit of flair IMO.

Grumpy_i_m 09-09-2013 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by tampadave (Post 3807495)
I believe I'm scheduled to complete production by 9/13 (Friday). But I understand that's an estimate. It's lag time awaiting a ship and VDC delays that concern me more than the factory build. At least my MINI dealership is only an hour's drive from the Baltimore port and VDC location.

Are you getting stripes on the Coupe's 'helmet'? I've seen examples at MINI of Sterling and they look great. Adds quite a bit of flair IMO.

Yes , Stripes...:thumbsup:
White on the Green, Green on the White top.
I wanted to be seen in highway traffic. Plus I like the retro look.
I should feel every pebble on the road... Sport package Plus Sport suspension, with 17" performance run-flats. It is replacing my BMW Z3 3.0 Roadster that is also sprung pretty stiff.

It looks like I will need a set of winter tires and wheels ready when it finally arrives.

I am still 8-10 hours behind you.. estimated completion Sat. 9/14
:grin:

tampadave 09-09-2013 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m (Post 3807521)
Yes , Stripes...:thumbsup:
White on the Green, Green on the White top.
I wanted to be seen in highway traffic. Plus I like the retro look.
I should feel every pebble on the road... Sport package Plus Sport suspension, with 17" performance run-flats. It is replacing my BMW Z3 3.0 Roadster that is also sprung pretty stiff.

It looks like I will need a set of winter tires and wheels ready when it finally arrives.

I am still 8-10 hours behind you.. estimated completion Sat. 9/14
:grin:

I started to write that "stripes on the top, bonnet and boot would make your Coupe look like a real sports car from the 1960's" in my original post, but thought you might not recognize my statement as a compliment. I deleted that sentence before posting. I'm a retro guy myself and I think your green/white combination with stripes will look absolutely awesome. I bet driving lamps on the front grill would top it off nicely, if you like the look.

Grumpy_i_m 09-09-2013 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by tampadave (Post 3807528)
I started to write that "stripes on the top, bonnet and boot would make your Coupe look like a real sports car from the 1960's" in my original post, but thought you might not recognize my statement as a compliment. I deleted that sentence before posting. I'm a retro guy myself and I think your green/white combination with stripes will look absolutely awesome. I bet driving lamps on the front grill would top it off nicely, if you like the look.

The Driving lamps look good on your Roadster. I may go with them later, I was concerned that with the Oklahoma heat it might be a good idea to see how much grill you can block without effecting the cooling.

But, that may not be a concern right away with my anticipated mid -October delivery.

I am wanting to see pictures of your Roadster when it arrives, the build graphics look great.

:thumbsup:

tampadave 09-09-2013 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m (Post 3807535)
The Driving lamps look good on your Roadster. I may go with them later, I was concerned that with the Oklahoma heat it might be a good idea to see how much grill you can block without effecting the cooling.

But, that may not be a concern right away with my anticipated mid -October delivery.

I am wanting to see pictures of your Roadster when it arrives, the build graphics look great.

:thumbsup:

Thanks. Some might say I'm too conservative with my build, but that's life. The JCW exterior package and chrome driving lamps were enough for me. I was influenced by cars from the 60's and 70's, so I have chrome everywhere on my Roadster. The blackout look is fine for today's generation - I understand the appeal - but I can't shake my love for chrome.

Why do you think mid-October? I know you're in Oklahoma, but that still seems a bit long. Do you expect ground transport to take long?

Shubert 09-09-2013 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Whew, whirlwind day! Got home just before dark and managed to take a couple pics.

Coming from an 09 JCW Convertible all I can say is this thing is SMOOTH! Clutch is like butter, shifter is supple, and ride is fantastic.

I LOVE IT!

That Minimalism app is really hard to get the hang of. Can't wait to try the Dynamic tomorrow!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-brand-new.jpg

Grumpy_i_m 09-10-2013 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by tampadave (Post 3807549)
- but I can't shake my love for chrome.

Why do you think mid-October? I know you're in Oklahoma, but that still seems a bit long. Do you expect ground transport to take long?

I have the exterior chrome and interior chrome... So I think we share the old school chrome gene.
I did go with the black wheels for contrast.

The mid October time line is based on build completion Sept 14, then 14 days on ship to Brunswick Ga. VDC. VDC time and transport to Ok. If every thing went perfect it would be first week October. If things go as they have so far, add 5-7 days and it is Mid - October.
I may be pessimistic but would rather plan on later delivery and be surprised if it arrives sooner.

Like you my plans have me away from home early October . I will be traveling on business.

It is all good!

SheldonCoopr 09-10-2013 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Shubert (Post 3807646)
Whew, whirlwind day! Got home just before dark and managed to take a couple pics.

Coming from an 09 JCW Convertible all I can say is this thing is SMOOTH! Clutch is like butter, shifter is supple, and ride is fantastic.

I LOVE IT!

That Minimalism app is really hard to get the hang of. Can't wait to try the Dynamic tomorrow!

Nice congratulations. Makes the wait seem like nothing once it arrives. 3-4 more weeks for me :razz:

tampadave 09-10-2013 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Grumpy_i_m (Post 3807680)
I have the exterior chrome and interior chrome... So I think we share the old school chrome gene.
I did go with the black wheels for contrast.

The mid October time line is based on build completion Sept 14, then 14 days on ship to Brunswick Ga. VDC. VDC time and transport to Ok. If every thing went perfect it would be first week October. If things go as they have so far, add 5-7 days and it is Mid - October.
I may be pessimistic but would rather plan on later delivery and be surprised if it arrives sooner.

Like you my plans have me away from home early October . I will be traveling on business.

It is all good!

I only have my Fiat 500 Budget rental car through October 5th. Then we leave for the Florida Gulf Coast from October 12th - 26th. Horrible timing on my part. I should not have relied on my Sales Manager's ETA of September 26th, though she was within 1 one day of by production start date. Who knows. If I get a quick ship straight to Baltimore and it breezes through the Baltimore VDC, I might get delivery a little sooner. Baltimore is literally an hour's drive from my MINI dealership. Not much ground transport involved.

tampadave 09-10-2013 06:30 AM

Shubert,

That is a really nice looking MINI. As you can see from my configuration, I think the JCW exterior package is indispensable. Looks great on your car. I hope you have a pleasant week of clear weather so you can drive the living daylights out of that very fine vehicle. Be safe and wave at fellow MINI owners!

KennyR 09-10-2013 08:11 AM

I LOVE IT!

Very nice looking MINI, and glad you're enjoying the initial driving impressions. It will only get better as you take it on some open roads. Have fun!

Bludevilx 09-10-2013 08:17 AM

!!!!! Scooter made it on the Tamesis! Was loaded yesterday with a ETD of today and ETA in Baltimore 9/20! :grin:

tampadave 09-10-2013 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bludevilx (Post 3807782)
!!!!! Scooter made it on the Tamesis! Was loaded yesterday with a ETD of today and ETA in Baltimore 9/20! :grin:

Congratulations! Glad to see you'll get your MINI in just a few weeks. The wait must seem interminable. I see you got caught in the production lag due to the Oxford factory summer shutdown. I'm 9 days behind your production completion date so, by extrapolation, my Roadster might make it to Baltimore by September 29th .... if I'm lucky. Keep us posted on your progress until you actually receive your car at the dealership. Fair winds, my friend!

grmnxtc 09-10-2013 09:59 AM

That is one sharp looking JCW clubman. Very Nice.

Out of curiosity, what options did you pick?

Mr. T 09-10-2013 10:42 AM

Congrat, Shubert! I'm glad the waiting game is over for you.:thumbsup: Your MINI looks fantastic in the Reef Blue.

Shubert 09-10-2013 11:07 AM

Thanks everyone! It's a whole lot of fun!

grmnxtc, here's the list of options:

Reef Blue, matching roof and mirrors, silver C pillar trim
Carbon black color line
Piano black dash
Black headlamps with the xenons and clear signals
Lounge Carbon Black Leather sport seats
Premium Package (auto climate, rain sensor, auto headlamps, dual pane sunroof)
Tech Package (HK audio, arm rest, Connected, sat radio)
Black Jack roof graphic
roof rack with surfboard carrier

Originally Posted by grmnxtc (Post 3807839)
That is one sharp looking JCW clubman. Very Nice.

Out of curiosity, what options did you pick?

KennyR 09-10-2013 05:52 PM

It's here at last!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...to-2-78696.jpgPicked up my 2014 Roadster S "Rojo Calor" this afternoon! Everything went quickly, perfectly, and we were in and out in less than an hour. Mine was the 1st 2014 Roadster S delivered at my dealership.

While the interior and controls are nearly identical to my 2010 MINI S Convertible (trade in), it was nice to see a few changes that improved things along with a few things I learned:

- The digital mph is now continuously displayed in the center tach display, irrespective of what info display you chose with the stalk selector button.

- The gloss Piano Black interior looks great, but shows every smudge and fingerprint, so keep a microfiber cloth nearby.

- There are several small hidden compartments in the boot that I did not know about: 2 in the sides (to access the rear lights), 1 behind the jack/tool compartment. These are good places to store the windscreen, cargo net, and a packable windbreaker.

- Contrary to the info on the 2014 configurator of my MA and sales manager: the Roadster S with automatic and JCW interior, the stitched leather steering wheel does have the paddle shifters, and 2): despite the reduced package price, the JW interior package still contains the JCW door sill graphics. The 2014 MINI configurator really needs some upgrading.

Total time from order to delivery was exactly 7 weeks, and less than 5 weeks from the start of production...all pretty much within a few days of the original estimates.

Here's a few pictures (my 1st time posting pics). Thanks again to all for the fun support on this thread during the waiting period. I'll look forward to seeing my new NAM buddies taking delivery of their new MINIs in the coming weeks! Best wishes.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...to-7-78700.jpg

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...to-5-78697.jpg

tampadave 09-10-2013 06:21 PM

Kenny,

Your Roadster is absolutely beautiful! The red stands out so well, particularly with the black viper stripes. I'm curious: what inspired you to get an automatic transmission? The paddle shifters are a nice feature (my wife has them on her Jaguar XF). Adds an extra dimension to the driving experience. Stop taking pictures and get that beautiful machine on the road and think of us while you're having fun.

Dave

14PacemanS 09-10-2013 06:24 PM

Congrats guys!!

That's a really sweet looking Roadster!!

Nice JCW Clubman!!!

I hope to take delivery of mine soon. My MA is useless, she can't give me an expected delivery date. I will call ASK MINI tomorrow and get the info myself.

KennyR 09-10-2013 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by tampadave (Post 3808139)
Kenny,

Your Roadster is absolutely beautiful! The red stands out so well, particularly with the black viper stripes. I'm curious: what inspired you to get an automatic transmission? The paddle shifters are a nice feature (my wife has them on her Jaguar XF). Adds an extra dimension to the driving experience. Stop taking pictures and get that beautiful machine on the road and think of us while you're having fun.

Dave

Thanks for the feedback. There's something very nice about driving in a sporty red convertible.

The MINI steptronic is a pretty smooth and decent automatic trans, with the sport mode for when I want to shift and play with the shift points. I had a manual trans in my younger days in my '71 Chevy Camaro SS and '76 Chevelle, and got spoiled with the auto on long daily commutes, and have no burning desire to go back.

But the primary reason: Per my wife: No auto, no MINI. She drives it as much as I will, and doesn't want to manually shift gears. Fortunately, I put 6K miles per year on my Harley when I want to wind through the gears on our rural roads.