1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi! Im new!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Newminiowners
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi! Im new!

Hello All!!! Im new and excited being part of this group! I'm a new 2003 mini owner! My little baby is a blue color with a white hardtop and white side mirror. Im loving my car! Only one downfall is there is no cd player only a cassette player, which is ok. I had a mercury sable, then a 98 GMC truck which was a big rugged truck for me to drive. Wow what a difference going form a truck to a cooper

We do have an issue though we just bought this car a month ago and we now have to replace the power steering pump and hose. I was told that is something that happens unexpectedly and the dealer would not have known it was going to have an internal issue. Would anybody agree to that?
Also would one recommend to do ourselves or best to take to somebody? We're on a budget which is why we are considering doing it ourselves.

thank you all!!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Mib4840
Alliance Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the world of MINI. Sorry to hear that it hasn't been a good start for you. MINIs can be a bit quirky but, in my opinion, are worth it. As far as the DIY goes, you can search the Forums under your model, R50 or R53, and more than likely find a How To post on the replacement of the hose. If you keep an eye on the Market Place you will probably be able to buy a CD head unit to replace your cassette. If you don't think you can tackle the hose replacement yourself, then look for a shop in your area that specializes in MINIs/BMWs. you might want to see if there is a MINI club in your area that could either help you do the work or recommend a shop that is reputable/reasonable. Also, you might want to pick up a Bentley service manual when one pops up for sale on the Market Place or on Craigslist. Good luck!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 PM
ACEkraut11
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you check with the selling dealer to see if they would cover all or part of the repair? Can't hurt to ask.