1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to order a Countryman All4

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 03:57 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About to order a Countryman All4

Just thought I'd drop in and give a hello!

I'm about to order (or have a dealer search) on a 2012 Countryman ALL4

Some specs:
Red, black top, auto, black headliner, red door panels, blacked out headlights, bench seat, black rims, bluetooth, HK speaker upgrade, double glass top thingy.

That's about it. The rest I will do aftermarket. First order of business is blacking out all the chrome. (lights, grill and that strip that goes around the bottom of the windows. Already ordered the tape kit thing for that)

Coming from an 06 Jeep Wrangler TJ which was lifted with a 6" long arm suspension, 1/25" body lift and 35" tires, full cage, rocker and corner guards etc etc etc..... Needless to say I'm excited for some good gas milage and a nice smooth quiet ride. Maybe I will finally be able to use a hands free system for my iPhone and even have a conversation with a passenger!!

My brother just got a '12 all black ALL4 Countryman and he loves it. I drove it and fell in love with it so decided to pull the trigger on one for myself.

Anyway, there it is. I should be part of the community soon. I'll report back when I have the ALL4.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:03 PM
DooBahDoo
6th Gear
Good luck with your locate or order. We have a CMS and a CMSA4. The only thing you didn't mention that I might consider (and this is just my 2¢) is adding the $500 sport suspension. Ours are both manual just out of preference but we love them and though they both handled very well on the dragon, the A4 I must say did very very well. Keep us updated...

Old 06-11-2012, 04:20 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
I thought of that but I will probably add my own springs and bars.

I still haven't decided yet if I'm lifting it or lowering it yet. Not sure if I want it more sporty or more AT. Coming from my Jeep I may want to make it more off road aggressive. Though seeing some of the lowered ones and they look VERY slick. I'm going to wait till I have it first. But I do know that either way the stock springs and stuff are coming out so didn't want the spend the $500 on the "sport" suspension. Decisions decisions.....

Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 PM
TDNparts
2nd Gear
congrats on the decision. I recently ordered an S4,man & a must have was the blk headliner. I was pretty flexible on a lot of the other items but my MA couldnt find one anywhere..so I ordered one to spec.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:34 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
They found me one.......

But it has bonnet stripes and some stuff I didn't really want, but has a lot everything else I spec'd out. Not sure if I really want auto dimming side/rearview mirrors, rain sensor and auto headlights, power folding mirrors and heated mirrors and jets. All I really wanted was heated seats lol.

In all honesty it's only $750 of extra stuff and since EVERYTHING else is perfect I may take it.

But it's red, black top/mirrors, blacked out headlights, black headliner, red-line interior, black rims (went with 17" and All-Season tires because I don't like the feel of run-flats and both can always be changed down the road anyway), double-moonroof, HK speakers and Bluetooth.

Thoughts on the $750 of unwanted stuff? Think it's worth it to just bite the bullet and get it? He did say they would take off the stripes and not charge me the $100 for em so thats good. Anyone with have opinions on all that dimming/heated stuff? Holding up good? Headaches? Annoyances?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:56 PM
pdoel
3rd Gear
For $750 that's not bad. I have the rain sensor wipers, auto headlights and auto dimming rear view mirror on my Audi, and have to say, having had them, they were a must when I ordered my CM All4. Heated mirrors are also very nice.

The auto dimming rear views I don't really get, as I've never had a need to adjust those on any vehicle. But I'd definitely pay 750 for just the things I mentioned.

As for the 17" tires and run flats. I was under the impression that all tires for all CMs were run flats, but that with the 18" you got summer tires rather than all season?

Old 06-11-2012, 08:20 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pdoel
As for the 17" tires and run flats. I was under the impression that all tires for all CMs were run flats, but that with the 18" you got summer tires rather than all season?
Ya know what, you may be right. Either way living in Boston MA I wanted all seasons and not the summer tires. I just figured that since the all season was grayed out when selecting the 18" tires that maybe they were not run flats. I figured for the $1250 for the 18" option I could get better rims/tires down the road anyway but really wanted some all seasons since here we get ALL seasons (sometimes in one day )

Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 AM
TDNparts
2nd Gear
I agree for $750 its a good price. I didnt opt for those but i do have them now in my Audi. I never have to adjust for trucks/hibeams behind me. They def. cut the glare/brightness at night.
If this vehicle is in stock, grab it, the $750 is a wash if you happened to participate in the Take Down Challenge already.

ALL CM's come w/ RF's. (no spares :(
17's have the N/C option of fitting A/S tires (I went this route). Ill use these as my 'all seasons, as er' winters )
like you I will plan to buy a set of aftermarket 18's & I will not get RF's on these. A cheaper, more customized look & w/ a better tire. :thumbup:
CM 18's only come w/ Summer tread. No option to switch here.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:04 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TDNparts
I agree for $750 its a good price. I didnt opt for those but i do have them now in my Audi. I never have to adjust for trucks/hibeams behind me. They def. cut the glare/brightness at night.
If this vehicle is in stock, grab it, the $750 is a wash if you happened to participate in the Take Down Challenge already.

ALL CM's come w/ RF's. (no spares :(
17's have the N/C option of fitting A/S tires (I went this route). Ill use these as my 'all seasons, as er' winters )
like you I will plan to buy a set of aftermarket 18's & I will not get RF's on these. A cheaper, more customized look & w/ a better tire. :thumbup:
CM 18's only come w/ Summer tread. No option to switch here.
Thanks for clearing that up! After reading around that's what I thought. Didn't know A/S were also run flats though. Ewww....

After talking to some people who have these options in various cars, I'm glad they are there! Totally can't wait. Should have this bad boy soon!!!!!! Very excited. I'll know more tomorrow

Old 06-23-2012, 06:52 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Update! Went to the dealer today to talk more now that I had my trade all in order. I decided against the red since I finally looked at one and didn't like it as much as the pics.

I went with an auto, white, black top, heated seats, double moonroof, bluetooth, HK speakers, arm rest, flat black rims with AS, blacked out xenon headlights, rear bench. with that thick black racing stripe that looks like a pitchfork.

I will prob order red mirror covers and red brake vent thingies (was creeping around the "show us your white" posts) and do a thin red pinstripe on the outsides of the black ones.

Put the deposit down and just waiting for my title to come in the mail for the trade and I'm good to go but it's MINE!!!! I almost bailed and got something less $$ but after test driving some other cars I just went back to the mini and still amazed at how well they are built. Once I toned down some of the options to what I really wanted/needed it actually is pretty reasonable. Still a few grand more then what I was looking for but with 3/36000 free maint, resale value, build quality, how people talk on the forums about it etc I couldn't pass it up!

Thanks for the chats and help and I will be posting up pics within the next week or so!!! So EXCITED!!

Old 06-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Tacoman03
3rd Gear
Sounds like you made a great choice in color combo(just my opinion, of course) You'll love the ride/gas/looks, etc...I as well came from a Jeep(2000 Sport), and am enjoying the whole MINI experience...you need to get involved with a local MINI Club in your area...elevates the ownership experience to a whole new level........here is a pic of my Justa CM.....

Attached Thumbnails About to order a Countryman All4-cimg0698.jpg  
Old 06-23-2012, 08:15 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Yeah LOVE the StormTrooper (or should I say StormCooper) look! Though thinking of adding like I said red vent, red mirrors, a thin red pinstripe on the outside of the black and red calipers.

How was it going from the TJ to the mini? This is mine. It's been gone 2 days (sent to my dad in Florida in trade for his semi-stock JK to use as a trade in) and I already miss it!!! Though it's going to be AWESOME to finally be able to use bluetooth, hear the radio and have Siri understand what the heck I'm trying to say for once lol.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:20 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Btw 35" tires, 5.5" Rubicon Extreme Duty Lift, 1.25" BL, Full cage, full corner guards, rocker guards, heated mastercraft suspension seats, F/R lockers, upgraded axles, HD steering, fox shocks, and a ton more but that's for the JeepForum not the Mini Forum hahaha

Old 06-28-2012, 03:43 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
It's MINE!!!! Paid for today!!!
Just waiting for the title for my trade and the dealer to install some stuff for me.

I went with an auto, white, black top, black color line, interior black, heated seats, double sunroof, bluetooth, HK speakers, arm rest, flat black rims with AS, blacked out xenon headlights, white turn signals, rear bench/flat load floor. Pretty base options for the most part. But.........

Next week (while I'm waiting for my title to my trade) they are installing the JCW body kit, JCW mirror caps and vents, JCW exhaust and red JCW stripes kit (pitchfork, two side stripes and boot. Chose not to do the roof stripes though).

Already ordered blacked out stealth handles, have the black tape kit for the chrome around the windows (whatever that's called? Beltline I think?), have a half dozen Plasti Dip cans on hand to blackout the grill, lights, the "ALL" and wings (leave the center circle untouched) and two pieces of red vinyl to make the "4" red. Also already have an appointment in two and half weeks to get 35% (MASS compliant) tint across all windows.

I'm so excited I can't take it!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 01:41 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Getting ready by testing my new signature!!! So EXCITED!!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Darren Siegmund
1st Gear
Nice rig, I have an XJ that I like to go crawl around in a little

Old 06-29-2012, 01:56 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Darren Siegmund
Nice rig, I have an XJ that I like to go crawl around in a little
Thanks!!! I'm going to miss it totally. At least it's still in the family though. And I'll be able to visit. Haha

Old 06-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Darren Siegmund
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sn0wcrash
Thanks!!! I'm going to miss it totally. At least it's still in the family though. And I'll be able to visit. Haha

hahaha, there ya go :D

Old 06-30-2012, 02:06 AM
pdubb
2nd Gear
Thoughts on the $750 of unwanted stuff? Think it's worth it to just bite the bullet and get it? He did say they would take off the stripes and not charge me the $100 for em so thats good. Anyone with have opinions on all that dimming/heated stuff? Holding up good? Headaches? Annoyances?
my 04 MCS had all of the above and I loved it (my current MCSc has heated seats but nothing else). it was the only car with rain sensing wipers that I liked, they actually sped up when it rain harder haha , unlike other cars with them that I've owned. And I may be spoiled, but I loved the auto dimming mirrors.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:31 AM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I missed the advice stages of this thread, but I just wanted to say that your CM seems awesome.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:13 AM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pdubb
my 04 MCS had all of the above and I loved it (my current MCSc has heated seats but nothing else). it was the only car with rain sensing wipers that I liked, they actually sped up when it rain harder haha , unlike other cars with them that I've owned. And I may be spoiled, but I loved the auto dimming mirrors.
Yeah I was on the fence, then totally excited about these options then I decided against that one because I changed my mind on the color hahaha. I love my ADHD!!!

I liked the red in pictures but in person the white just really sold me. When we did a search of what white ones were available they had one "just off the boat" (described a few posts above). As far as comfort and being pampered this just has heated seats lol. But coming from a Jeep with roll down windows, manual ***** for everything and lets say not the most luxurious ride/feel/interior this thing is going to like heaven! Though I did have an auto dimming mirror in the TJ but I was so damn high that no one ever shot lights in to my mirror hahahaha.

I want my CMSA4 NOW!!! (did I do that right? All these new acronyms are killing me)

Old 06-30-2012, 09:05 AM
pepsiguy78
1st Gear
Yeah I was on the fence, then totally excited about these options then I decided against that one because I changed my mind on the color hahaha. I love my ADHD!!!

I liked the red in pictures but in person the white just really sold me. When we did a search of what white ones were available they had one "just off the boat" (described a few posts above). As far as comfort and being pampered this just has heated seats lol. But coming from a Jeep with roll down windows, manual ***** for everything and lets say not the most luxurious ride/feel/interior this thing is going to like heaven! Though I did have an auto dimming mirror in the TJ but I was so damn high that no one ever shot lights in to my mirror hahahaha.

I want my CMSA4 NOW!!! (did I do that right? All these new acronyms are killing me)
You did right!!!
We bought our CMSA4 earlier this spring - light white with the black hat. We got most of the goodies except for the technology package - we like the retro look of the speedo. We were unable to find one with leather seats and couldn't wait to have one built. We had to wait three weeks for the boat to show up as it was. We added the carbon fiber striping to the bonnet and boot along with the black jacks to the mirror caps and sunroof.
We bought the automatic but that doesn't slow this go cart a bit. We are heading out on a 3000 mile road trip in a couple weeks, how fast can you drive in Montana?

Will your MINI morph into a rock climber?

Enjoy your ride!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:45 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Not sure if I'm going up or down with the suspension yet. Kind of like the look of em about 1.5" lower but the Jeep in me will always want bigger tires.

I have about a 3000 road trip planned also. My 10 year old son and I are driving from Boston to Florida around mid Aug. I get him weekends, split vacations and a couple weeks here and there throughout the summer so this is a big adventure for us! We are always doing fun crazy stuff but he is so excited! As am I. He was there when I picked it out and helped me decide the color/options of some of the stuff. Though he kept asking if the JCW coupe in the showroom was an ALL4 or if we could get it in an All4. He even asked the dealer if we could install "all wheel drive" hahaha. Once he looked at pics of the Countryman with the JCW stuff he changed his mind though.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:11 AM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Today at 3pm EST!!!!

Old 07-07-2012, 09:20 PM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
Well I didn't get it!! UGH!!!

There was a problem with the title to my trade-in on day of delivery so have to wait a few days while I get a new title, but snapped a few shots while I was there!!! Hopefully if all works out I will get it this Tuesday if I can get the title overnighted Monday. Such a pain. Anyway here it is...... Couple more pics on the R60 Light White thread and in my gallery

Quick Reply: About to order a Countryman All4