1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Club, New to Mini - Arlington Texas

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 12:51 PM
lonestarbuzz
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to Club, New to Mini - Arlington Texas

Hey folks. I just purchased a 2011 Cooper S last weekend. It's a complete blast to drive. I'm coming from a 2002 Honda S2000, which was also a great car. The handling characteristics on the Mini are similar, which is something I was looking for in a new car.

Honestly, I wasn't seriously considering one until I drove it. I really wanted to test drive the Countryman, which I did. I found the Countryman to have a very refined ride, yet still nimble. Then I drove the Cooper S... that was it. I thought about ordering one, but I liked the April incentives and the dealer gave me a great deal. I probably wouldn't have chosen Turd Brown, but the color is growing on me more every day. I got the premium package and mini connect. I wish it came with the convenience package as well, but no luck finding that on the lot. Not having Homelink is a bummer.

I've enjoyed reading so far and have learned quite a bit. First up: hardwiring the radar detector and getting Mini Connected to work properly (yes, I am having the same problems as everyone else).

Old 05-06-2011, 01:50 PM
RDemo2
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by lonestarbuzz
Hey folks. I just purchased a 2011 Cooper S last weekend. It's a complete blast to drive. I'm coming from a 2002 Honda S2000, which was also a great car. The handling characteristics on the Mini are similar, which is something I was looking for in a new car.

Honestly, I wasn't seriously considering one until I drove it. I really wanted to test drive the Countryman, which I did. I found the Countryman to have a very refined ride, yet still nimble. Then I drove the Cooper S... that was it. I thought about ordering one, but I liked the April incentives and the dealer gave me a great deal. I probably wouldn't have chosen Turd Brown, but the color is growing on me more every day. I got the premium package and mini connect. I wish it came with the convenience package as well, but no luck finding that on the lot. Not having Homelink is a bummer.

I've enjoyed reading so far and have learned quite a bit. First up: hardwiring the radar detector and getting Mini Connected to work properly (yes, I am having the same problems as everyone else).
I'd like to see pics of the "Turd Brown."

Old 05-06-2011, 05:37 PM
lonestarbuzz
2nd Gear
I just have the dealer shots for now. I'll update with better pics when I have them.

For the record, I now like the brown. Hot Chocolate Metallic isn't the manliest name, I prefer Dark Ale Brown (with a white top!) or Turd Brown.

Attached Thumbnails New to Club, New to Mini - Arlington Texas-mini1.jpg   New to Club, New to Mini - Arlington Texas-mini2.jpg  
Old 05-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Embav8r
2nd Gear
Got my MC last month from Moritz. Had a great experience overall there, and got zero percent for 60 mos! We got the base model Cooper, horizon blue metallic with the black top. We love it and the gas mileage is nice compared to the Toyota SUV we traded in for it!

Happy motorin'

Old 05-06-2011, 08:36 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Welcome to the wonderful world of MINI!!! Other than the great car, you get the great community that comes with it!!!