North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   1st Gear (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear-114/)
-   -   Letter from MINI (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear/161048-letter-from-mini.html)

WildWilli 01-05-2009 02:44 PM

Letter from MINI

Hello everyone! I am a Mini enthusiast and joined this site because I have a question:

I got a "Mini Note" saying "Rumor has it that you're getting a new Mini..." and it included a parking stencil.

I don't recall ordering one... Is this some sort of a sick marketing ploy?! :lol: I've wanted one for a while and I found receiving this letter as a funny coincidence. Has anyone else gotten this letter?

Thanks!
Willi

gokartride 01-05-2009 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by WildWilli (Post 2616246)
I don't recall ordering one... Is this some sort of a sick marketing ploy?!

Probably.:nod:

Donna/Mike 01-05-2009 02:55 PM

We got a similar note after we ordered ours. But the stencil came much later....:)

Donna:cool: :grin: :cool:

wannab drivin 01-05-2009 02:58 PM

I just got the stencil the other day and my Mini was delivered a couple weeks ago.

oldchicago 01-05-2009 03:17 PM

How about some pics :popcorn:

cabwy 01-05-2009 03:23 PM

Awwww,, I just picked up Sloopy and I haven't received anything in the mail........*sob*

iNetMANN 01-05-2009 03:46 PM

I've heard of no such thing. But then again my MINI has not arrived yet either! :popcorn:

http://www.nwbmwforums.com/images/smiles/needpics.gif

Welcome to NAM!!!

cabriopilot 01-05-2009 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by WildWilli (Post 2616246)
I got a "Mini Note" saying "Rumor has it that you're getting a new Mini..." and it included a parking stencil.

I don't recall ordering one... Is this some sort of a sick marketing ploy?! :lol:

Normally this is sent out to those that have placed an order for a MINI and are awaiting the arrival.
Let me ask a few questions that may help sort all this out...
  • First off are you prone to sleeping walking to the MINI dealership? :roll:
  • Second, are you an alcoholic that suffers from blackouts and may not remember ordering one? :sly:
  • And lastly, do you have a spouse that may have ordered one behind your back as a surprise and MINI ruined it by sending you the "MINI Note". :eek:
If you answered yes to one or all of the above then congratulations, you're now the proud owner of a brand new MINI. :thumbsup:

WildWilli 01-05-2009 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by cabriopilot (Post 2616349)
Normally this is sent out to those that have placed an order for a MINI and are awaiting the arrival.
Let me ask a few questions that may help sort all this out...
  • First off are you prone to sleeping walking to the MINI dealership? :roll:
  • Second, are you an alcoholic that suffers from blackouts and may not remember ordering one? :sly:
  • And lastly, do you have a spouse that may have ordered one behind your back as a surprise and MINI ruined it by sending you the "MINI Note". :eek:
If you answered yes to one or all of the above then congratulations, you're now the proud owner of a brand new MINI. :thumbsup:

No and no to the first two. :razz:

But does my fiancee love me that much??:lol: I've joked around the last couple Christmases about wanting a Mini, but.... :confused:

I'll keep everyone posted!

Blainestang 01-06-2009 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by cabriopilot (Post 2616349)
And lastly, do you have a spouse that may have ordered one behind your back as a surprise and MINI ruined it by sending you the "MINI Note". :eek:

Originally Posted by WildWilli (Post 2616985)
No and no to the first two. :razz:

But does my fiancee love me that much??:lol: I've joked around the last couple Christmases about wanting a Mini, but.... :confused:

I'll keep everyone posted!

Subscribing!

jonnieoh 01-06-2009 11:14 AM

That'd be quite a gift from your fiancée!:grin:

Fly'n Brick 01-06-2009 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Blainestang (Post 2617461)
Subscribing!

Me Too...:popcorn:

gemgirlpa 01-06-2009 12:06 PM

I want in on this secert :popcorn:

when are you getting married? wedding present??

BadMINI S 01-06-2009 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have gotten a few of these...
Have you built a Mini on Mini USA's website and saved it?
Have you contected a dealership? (even for events, a quote, or even a message)
It seems that after I send a dealer a question, I get a stencil. (I have about 6 of them)

Even made one into a poster
(Sorry took the picture with my iMac so there is a glare and it is backwards...I tried:) )

cameroon 01-06-2009 12:29 PM

Oh definitely gotta watch this thread now :popcorn:

WildWilli 01-06-2009 12:30 PM

I've test driven one before, but I don't know how they would have this particular address..

Who knows?:impatient:

WildWilli 01-06-2009 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by gemgirlpa (Post 2617569)
I want in on this secert :popcorn:

when are you getting married? wedding present??

Wedding is this summer :)

BadMINI S 01-06-2009 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by WildWilli (Post 2617586)
I've test driven one before, but I don't know how they would have this particular address..

Who knows?:impatient:

When I took a test drive I know they had to copy my license and they needed my information for insurance reasons (or if i decided to take it home...without paying), so you probably gave info and don't even realize it....