North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   1st Gear (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear-114/)
-   -   NEW MINI OWNER!!!! (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/1st-gear/110589-new-mini-owner.html)

dianna912 08-13-2007 06:30 PM

NEW MINI OWNER!!!!

I am a new mini owner, and I am absolutely amazed by the effect these little cars have on you.

First of all, did bmw install some sort of mind control device that makes anyone that drives the car want to buy one????:confused:

Second, I'm also suspicious there is a device that makes you grin uncontrollably when driving, seeing or thinking about your mini. :grin:

Oh yeah, and when I took it to the shop today to get it checked out, I ws more protective of my car than I would be my kid (if I had any). I was very reluctant to hand over the keys. I almost asked if I could pull it in myself. :nod:

I am the owner of the rare 03 ps under ps mini. Here are some pics of the lovely little critter.

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/db00342760.jpg

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0668e0dd76.jpg

I know, I know, it needs a good washing. It's getting detailed this week.

old81 08-13-2007 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by dianna912 (Post 1688151)
I am a new mini owner, and I am absolutely amazed by the effect these little cars have on you.

First of all, did bmw install some sort of mind control device that makes anyone that drives the car want to buy one????:confused:

Second, I'm also suspicious there is a device that makes you grin uncontrollably when driving, seeing or thinking about your mini. :grin:

Oh yeah, and when I took it to the shop today to get it checked out, I ws more protective of my car than I would be my kid (if I had any). I was very reluctant to hand over the keys. I almost asked if I could pull it in myself. :nod:

I am the owner of the rare 03 ps under ps mini. Here are some pics of the lovely little critter.

I know, I know, it needs a good washing. It's getting detailed this week.

Very nice, welcome to NAM. Nice pictures of your new baby.

Yes, the use mind control.

Btw, you took the words right out of my mouth, your MINI will be super shiney with a good detail. Are they going to claybar before they wax?

Post more pictures after your detail and some more driving time. Sure is a sweet PS/PS. It appears to have found a new home.

Donna/Mike 08-13-2007 08:15 PM

Welcome to MINI land:thumbsup: What a beauty you have...:nod: And...your face muscles will hurt all the time from that permanent smile...:grin: Happy Motoring!

Donna:cool: :grin: :cool:

kfisto 08-14-2007 07:10 AM

Welcome to NAM! Your Mini looks great!

andyde 08-14-2007 07:15 AM

Congratulations, welcome to NAM. :thumbsup:

mr. jim 08-14-2007 07:42 AM

Yes, Yes and Yes, Welcome to NAM and the world of all things MINI :thumbsup:

pinkMINIgirl 08-14-2007 09:45 AM

Welcome!

moodylewdd 08-14-2007 09:56 AM

WELCOME, and CONGRATULATIONS on the beautiful new car!!!
The whole being overly protective thing...fully understood.
The extra exercise MINI owners get when walking 2 miles from the farthest reaches of a parking lot to the store...fully understood.
The staying away from anything without mudflaps on the road....again understood.
Hell, I even round up all the carts in the parking lot anywhere around my car...the kids that do that for a living love MINI people!
Have fun with your beauty, and remember to post the after detail pictures, and let us know what they did!

dianna912 08-14-2007 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by moodylewdd (Post 1689370)
WELCOME, and CONGRATULATIONS on the beautiful new car!!!
The whole being overly protective thing...fully understood.
The extra exercise MINI owners get when walking 2 miles from the farthest reaches of a parking lot to the store...fully understood.
The staying away from anything without mudflaps on the road....again understood.
Hell, I even round up all the carts in the parking lot anywhere around my car...the kids that do that for a living love MINI people!
Have fun with your beauty, and remember to post the after detail pictures, and let us know what they did!

Thank you. too funny w/the carts.

I am a business banker, and went to a place of business today. No parking except one spot in between a huge truck and an old beater. I told my coworker I was going to write down plate numbers just in case. He got a kick out of that.

I just got my mini fri. and I noticed yesterday there is a scratch on the center of the door. wasn't there when I bought it. Not sure if doored or not, though. It was really small, and not dented, just a small horizantal scratch. I almost wonder if it didn't get scraped by the kid with the monkey wrench. Should've thoroughly inspected it.

Poor thing, keeps getting abused. First it's scratched, then almost ran off the road and almost assended by the same jerk.

Someone needs to invent a mini shield. A protective bubble. The make one for my ibook, why not my mini. :)

OV_MINI 08-14-2007 08:47 PM

Welcome to NAM and to the wonderful driving experience only experienced in a MINI...:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

moodylewdd 08-17-2007 09:37 AM

Like I mentioned in a previous post, all that BMW needs to add to all their cars is a force field. That way your MINI is protected from all the little problems of everyday life. I too write down license numbers.
The last 'damage' to my car was a small scratch on the door when some guy with a giant belt buckle just had to smash his face against the glass to get a better look inside. AGGGHHH! Luckily I will probably be able to get it out with a claybar (fingers crossed).