1st Annual MINIs in the Mountains (2006) Ready for some high altitude fun? Learn all about the newest national MINI event!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 11:22 AM
thebluecanary
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was a lot of fun, and I can't wait for the next one. And I have learnd something very important. Kansas cops can spawn out of no place and give you tickets! And that $126 I was planing on spending on my MINI is going to Kansas. Yeah, I hate Kansas now. =P

Other then that it was very fun. My head stopped hurting someplace around Tupica. I am SOOOOO a flatlander. I'll get my wings someday.

How long till the next one? I wana go NOW!

Old 08-15-2006, 01:29 PM
dazite
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by thebluecanary
Yeah, I hate Kansas now. =P
Dont hate Kansas, hate the cops!! Think of it this way...You are keeping our roads nice! Sorry about the ticket though...we had many near hits too on the way home! But at least you have that way cool roof now!

Old 08-15-2006, 01:45 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
So sorry about the ticket

Until I got the MINI a few years ago, I had not had a ticket since 1984 (jinx). It was a real disappoinment for me, too. And got a warning since then also.

I respect KS. We go 5 mph over max on our way to OK yearly and never have a problem. I don't trust instant on / instant off radar....

Jonathan

Old 08-15-2006, 02:23 PM
lshelley
1st Gear
Kansas Ticket

Don't feel bad about your ticket in Kansas. I got one on the way to Mt. Evans last Friday (also $126). I will be more careful now and I will be back for more fun next year. We had so much fun. The Corgis even enjoyed all the cars, the people, and the motoring.

DayZee

Old 08-15-2006, 04:20 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Old 08-16-2006, 11:47 AM
rvan220
2nd Gear
Thanks all. We had a fantastic time. I'm the HB MCS with viper stripes from Nebraska. I got home just fine no tickets at all and I put exactly 2000 miles on my car for the weekend. started out in the driveway with 8000 miles and then pulled in the driveway with 10000 miles. crazy......but thanks again and I will definitely be there next year.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:54 AM
havnap
Coordinator :: Metroplex MINI
Originally Posted by SandiePepper
Just got home, safe and sound, althought my son bailed on me in Salt Lake City, he jumped on a plane and left me to drive home
He did NOT ditch you!! Maybe you should have let him drive more.

Great time, nice folks and MUCH cooler weather (106 today in hell, uh, I mean Dallas). April (purplehaze05) was going for a record of a ticket in every state....but fell short and only got one in KS. 91 in a 70 -- which she had just slowed down. I told her from my perspective it could have been much worse, I could have been driving!

Thanks for all the effort everyone put in and I'm ready for another trip up!

Old 08-16-2006, 12:05 PM
minicolo
1st Gear
I would just like to say that this was one great event. Luke and I had a great time and met some great poeple. Thank all of you involved for your hard work. Hope to meet alot more of you next year.

Mark

Old 08-16-2006, 04:14 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Thanks for all the notes

We enjoyed having all of your company and we do hope that you can join us again next summer. As I have found going back and forth to AMVIV and the Dragon each a few times....a caravan helps pass the time much more quickly. Nobody likes interstates but if you have to.....

So set aside some time to be here again, in the nice cool mountains. We will be at the Dragon again, and will look for you there. My cabin is the 1st one right by the lower parking lot...same as this year...where the Motoring File guys were.

Thanks,

Jonathan Souza

Old 08-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Dr. Watson
1st Gear
Hey everyone! Its me Rene Watson from Ralph Schomp.
I would like to say that everyone from NAM and MINI5280 did a great job organizing this event. I had a lot of fun and can't wait until next year, I hope to have a 07 by then.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:20 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
None of this would have been possible

without the support of you, Ray and Shelly. Ralph Schomp MINI certainly went above and beyond on our behalf and in our support. Many other remarked just how generous your dealership is compared to what they have to work with in other parts of the country.

Please accept our thanks - mine and the other organizers and volunteers - and please accept our invitation to join us again at MITM 2007 at Copper Mountain Resort.

Thank you again. You made the event possible.

Jonathan Souza
MITM Organizer

Old 08-16-2006, 08:01 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
havnap, he did so, and he drove most of the Way to Salt Lake. I am okay as a passenger on the highway, just not on the twisties

Old 08-16-2006, 08:17 PM
MINNIAC
2nd Gear
Sandipepper

Maybe he just couldn't wait to get home to order his own MINI.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:18 PM
MINIGURU@WAY MOTOR WORKS
Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got back after taking a detour and I have to say this was a great event. Big thanks to all the organizers especially Jonathan. Hope to make it again next year.

Old 08-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Nechesmini
2nd Gear
Got back Thursday after our extended excursion to Estes. We had a great time and can't wait till next year. The organization of the event was phenomanal considering it was a first time event. These things aren't that easy, folks! Hope to see everyone again next year.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:04 AM
nthwolf
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Nechesmini
Got back Thursday after our extended excursion to Estes. We had a great time and can't wait till next year. The organization of the event was phenomanal considering it was a first time event. These things aren't that easy, folks! Hope to see everyone again next year.
Did you guys have fun in Estes Park? Where did you end up deciding to stay?

That's a gorgeous area there.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:19 PM
American Mini Mates
Former Vendor
Just Now Down To Earth

It has been a week since we drove home to the flat lands and it has taken us this long to get used to the altitude, or lack of it. What a great event, three cheers to everyone from MINI 5280 for putting on such a wonderful event. We cant wait till next year, we will be there.
It was great to make so many new friends and we thank you for your support.
Until our paths cross again, Cheers,
Doug & Donna Travis
American Mini Mates

Old 08-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Nechesmini
2nd Gear
Thanks for asking

Originally Posted by nthwolf
Did you guys have fun in Estes Park? Where did you end up deciding to stay?

That's a gorgeous area there.
Yes, we did have fun. Hiking in RMNP was more our speed. Estes Park was a little too crowded. Our first impression was we didn't want to come back, but after clearing the crowds on the trails, we decided we really needed to come back and spend more time! We ended up staying at Lake Estes Lodge. Fabulous breakfast buffet! Also found a great Thai place. Monty earned his new name of "Monty the mountain car" after going up the Old Fall River Road. That was spectacular. We did drive by the Y. That will definitely be considered for the next trip.

On a side note, car and occupants almost were toast on the way home. Nothing like seeing an 18 wheeler on the yellow line at the top of hill and then having it 3 feet + into your lane by the time it gets to you. Of course it goes without saying it was a 2 lane road with no shoulder. Monty was very glad he was a Mini and could squeeze by. With both going 75, I don't think it would really mattter what we where driving if we hit.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:37 AM
havnap
Coordinator :: Metroplex MINI
Originally Posted by thebluecanary
That was a lot of fun, and I can't wait for the next one. And I have learnd something very important. Kansas cops can spawn out of no place and give you tickets! And that $126 I was planing on spending on my MINI is going to Kansas. Yeah, I hate Kansas now. =P

Other then that it was very fun. My head stopped hurting someplace around Tupica. I am SOOOOO a flatlander. I'll get my wings someday.

How long till the next one? I wana go NOW!
April beat you! She got a $165 in Kansas...91 in a 70. She was going well over 100, but had slowed down to adjust her Jackie-O's.