Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

TPMS affected by outside source

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 01:44 AM
FrankHasMiniMadness
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPMS affected by outside source

As the TITLE states...

On a 2012 MC base HT with 109K miles and new sensors ...last night 12/31/16
stopped working... Dash told me whats up... so next red light i do a RESET... and they never did.

so my little yellow tire is lit

side note ( I am entertaining the idea of new larger rims to get off of my 15's... is this a sign from the Tire Gods?)

The Onboard Computer tells me that there is a external radio or television signal interfering with sytem.

ANYONE????

BUELER??????

Old 01-01-2017, 04:00 PM
mbwicz
6th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
The easiest thing may be to drive to a parking lot and try and reset it in a different location.

I'm assuming that the new sensors were working before yesterday?

Have fun,
Mike

Old 01-02-2017, 05:29 AM
ShipM8
4th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I bought a set of winter wheels last year with sensors...Worked a couple of hours and then crapped out. What made it hard to figure was I took my summer wheels and put them in my garage, so the car was still picking up those sensors. Ends up the sensors on the winter wheels were the wrong ones and needed to be replaced.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:15 AM
ProjectMini
2nd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
My Lights On now.....

New around here,
Bought my Mini Last week and as many other MINI er's have found out the love dose not come with out the pain. One of my Tire Pressure Monitors is out (Maybe 2 Maybe 4). So here's why i am sharing this is my plan of attack.

# 1. The dealer - Take it down and hopefully since i bought it at a MINI Dealer they will want to establish a relastion ship and scan the car for free to isolate which one is bad. (Also I dont really know if you can replace just one ? They say the TPMS has a 5 yr shelf life due to batteries.)
# 2. An Independent Tire store. They are putting this in and selling them as well.
# 3. Open to ideas and suggestion from an awesome community that I have just discovered.

See ya on the high way

P-M

Last edited by ProjectMini; 01-02-2017 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Editing Hit Send to quick
Old 01-02-2017, 12:18 PM
FrankHasMiniMadness
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

The light went out and all is working fine

Yes they were working fine from the day they were installed.

It was the damndest thing*****like some strong radio (HAM???) knocked them out.

lucky I do not have a set of tires in the garage talking to the car.... that would drive me nuts... have to wrap winter tires in TinFoil...lol

Thanx for the suggestions from all