Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Will these brake pads fit my JCW caliper?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 09:53 AM
jveramini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will these brake pads fit my JCW caliper?

Hi all,

I have very little mecanic experience and I don´t feel 100% confident that these pads below will fit my JCW Calipers. I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand with the pads below and if the front brakes require a sensor as well? (I have a 2012 R56 Mini Cooper S with the JCW brake, exhaust, engine kit).

Amazon.com: StopTech 309.12040 Street Performance Front Brake Pad: Automotive Amazon.com: StopTech 309.12040 Street Performance Front Brake Pad: Automotive

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-05-2015, 01:25 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
using the 'will they fit' tool on the item I get

Front High Performance Pads, JCW BRAKES - 294MM FRONT DISC - SINGLE PISTON CALIPER

would I trust this?

Frankly if I had a JCW I'd buy my pads and rotors from WAY after discussing my needs/wants with him ...

I've only had S's and I still bought from WAY . . . I got good recommendations and have always been happy with the results for myself and others I steered to him. (not a paid advertisement ... but if you WANT to send me a check . . .)

there is only a sensor on the left front and if you 'triggered' the sensor then it must be replaced. Trigger = consume in this case. If it was not consumed then in theory it can be reused BUT IME they are difficult to remove without breaking them as the heat has baked 'em and the part in the pad is brittle and crumbles b4 I can get it out.

I recommend you either buy a new sensor b4 you begin

or do what I did and just jumper the sensor circuit. They are dumb anyway

"sensors? I don't need no stinkin' sensors"

My current daily driver has no wear sensors and I can check brake pad thickness in 20 seconds by bending down and MAYBE I need a flash light. I can see the pads thru the wheels .... pad material less thick than the pad backing plate = time to start lining up some new pads.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:18 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
+1 Watch those universal part sites, most of the the fits and applications are wrong.

Front pads will look like that shape for the JCW sport brake kit ( 4 piston brembo calipers up front ). And the sensors if tripped can be tied back or replaced. They are linked below and one front left and one rear right sensor.

For MCS w/ JCW brakes cars : For JCW sport brakes :

http://www.ecstuning.com/Mini-2012-C.../Braking/Pads/

Sensors:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Mini-2012-C...aking/Sensors/

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 08-05-2015, 02:44 PM
Agbullet25
5th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jveramini
Hi all,

I have very little mecanic experience and I don´t feel 100% confident that these pads below will fit my JCW Calipers. I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand with the pads below and if the front brakes require a sensor as well? (I have a 2012 R56 Mini Cooper S with the JCW brake, exhaust, engine kit).

Amazon.com: StopTech 309.12040 Street Performance Front Brake Pad: Automotive

Thanks in advance!
To answer your question, no they will not fit. Those are for the Cooper S rotor (294mm rotor), whereas the JCW 4-piston kit uses a 316mm rotor.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:24 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt_bj
Frankly if I had a JCW I'd buy my pads and rotors from WAY after discussing my needs/wants with him ...

I've only had S's and I still bought from WAY . . . I got good recommendations and have always been happy with the results for myself and others I steered to him. (not a paid advertisement ... but if you WANT to send me a check . . .)
I notice and very much appreciate it.

Yes we would use the EBC Redstuff as they work great on the JCW brembo brake calipers. And have much lower dust with good pedal feel.
Here are the ones that would be correct for you.
http://www.waymotorworks.com/jcw-bre...tuff-pads.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more