Tires, Wheels, & Brakes Discussion about wheels, tires, and brakes for the new MINI.

Cooper Zeon RS3-A review

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 01:02 PM
davisflyer
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cooper Zeon RS3-A review

I needed to get some tires and with the upcoming fall/winter, decided to get some all season tires. My car has never had a/s tires. The car came with Dunlop summer run-flats originally. My next tire was the Bridgestone RE01R which I absolutely loved, but they only lasted 8k miles. Next up was the Hankook Evo V12 and finally, Continental DW's.

In looking for an ultra high performance a/s tire, I noticed that Consmer Reports had rated the Pirelli P Zero Nero A/S and the Cooper Zeon RS3-A virtually the same. Tire Rack's test confirmed that the Pirelli tire was at the top as well. Since they were rated the same, I figured I'd give the Coopers a shot (they have a 45 day trial period).

So far they are proving to be a great tire. Quiet, good ride. I took them up to the Dragon today and while driven at sane speeds, the handling is quite good. A little less steering feel than my previous DW's, but suprisingly, the turn is is better (the sidewalls seem stiffer). Though I didn't really have a chance to probe the tires absolute limits yet, I think for a typical DD/canyon runner, this tire seems like a strong choice!

I'll give more feedback as I accumulate more time on them.....