Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension M7 Rear Chassis Brace=AWESOME!

Old 03-27-2007, 06:27 PM
chad1140
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M7 Rear Chassis Brace=AWESOME!

Well I just put in my M7 rear chasis brace after having the E-bay special brace in there before. The car feels all around better. I'm talking better around turns, stopping, straight away, over potholes, the car just feels even more solid and connected. Everything I have ever ordered from them is top notch. The install was soo easy I did it at night in about 10 minutes with little light after I came home from work. If anyone is like me that likes easy to install mods that don't cost a Palo Uber fortune, this one is it. Have faith in what I say...........YOU NEED THIS MOD.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:40 AM
ChrisMCS04
Peace Keeper
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pics of the new version?

Old 03-28-2007, 09:16 AM
yumhaggis
4th Gear
I too have the Ebay bar & just picked up the M7 rear bar at AMVIV along with a bunch of other M7 mods, I already have their USS & loved what it did to the overall feel of the car, so this weekend I'm going to be busy bolting on all my new M7 goodies. Peter has been very busy too coming up with some new stuff that will blow your mind, I can't wait to get my hands on some of the new stuff either..

Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 120 Likes on 105 Posts
I've been told that M7 will have a cabrio version of the rear brace in 2 to 3 months. The USS did wonders for the handling of my cabrio but I still experience some shake/hop in the rear when travelling over bumps. It's like a rear version of the cowl shake that the USS greatly reduced. I'm hoping that additional stiffening with a rear brace will help, and I plan to try it on my car.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:57 AM
cmbtmini
2nd Gear
luv the USS also...Yumhaggis, how much did it cost you?

Old 03-28-2007, 01:01 PM
yumhaggis
4th Gear
As I remember I got mine when they first came out on a NAM Group Buy & I just don't recall how much I paid, but it was worth every penny... of all the things I've lost over the years, I miss my mind the most...

Old 03-28-2007, 02:17 PM
BlimeyCabrio
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rkw
I've been told that M7 will have a cabrio version of the rear brace in 2 to 3 months. The USS did wonders for the handling of my cabrio but I still experience some shake/hop in the rear when travelling over bumps. It's like a rear version of the cowl shake that the USS greatly reduced. I'm hoping that additional stiffening with a rear brace will help, and I plan to try it on my car.
Yeah, baby...

Old 03-28-2007, 02:29 PM
tomm9050
3rd Gear
any photos of this??

Old 03-28-2007, 02:47 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Old 03-28-2007, 04:56 PM
meb
6th Gear
...it needs two triangular members to be strong -er...one top corner to the opposite lower corner, and, from one upper corner to the unibody near the HK amp or other side. Then, it's strong. Maybe I'll make one of those...

Old 03-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Scooby03
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by meb
...it needs two triangular members to be strong -er...one top corner to the opposite lower corner, and, from one upper corner to the unibody near the HK amp or other side. Then, it's strong. Maybe I'll make one of those...
M7 will be adding these as an option later on.

I have the Rear Chassis Brace instock.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:03 PM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Has anyone noticed a diffference in an MCS? I have a sway bar, H-Sport springs, camber plates, and M7 STB. I am considering about getting it, but am not sure if it is really needed in my MINI. I don't have back seats anymore, so clearence is not an issue. TIA

Old 03-28-2007, 05:06 PM
yumhaggis
4th Gear
As I understand Peter is working on one much like that, but in the day to day world you just can't give up what little space you have to brace the rear of your MINI up & still have room for a box of Ritz, so this is the best for now, & it works very well....

Old 03-28-2007, 05:13 PM
ChrisMCS04
Peace Keeper
Are you able to use this bar without the down beams and the lower bar?
It kind of defeats having a rear seat delete if you did it for space.
All I want is the top bar.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:16 PM
mbcoops
6th Gear
So how do we find out if a piece like this actually does anything?

mb

Old 03-28-2007, 07:24 PM
SHRTSTAK
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mbcoops

mb
Well I doubt anyone on here has the time, money, and/or energy to test yaw, roll, etc.

So I propose install it, then have your buddy come over in the middle of the night, unbeknownst to you and remove it. If you can feel a difference, then it does something. It must be blind for it to work though.

Sounds silly, but I'm serious.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:27 PM
ignote
5th Gear

mb
It does something. Now the question is does it do $280 worth of something?

Old 03-28-2007, 07:28 PM
mbcoops
6th Gear
That would work!

mb

Old 03-28-2007, 07:31 PM
mbcoops
6th Gear
Good pt. ignote; I should rephrase: How do we know if this does anything beneficial to the handling of the car?

I mean, roll cages help a lot, right? And this piece looks like it addresses one of the areas a roll cage encompasses? So then by that reasoning, it works, right?

I really have no clue. I know I have a strut-tower brace that made no difference at all. But maybe that's because I believed it wouldn't. Now we're really doing down the rabbit hole...

mb

Old 03-28-2007, 07:38 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by Scooby03
M7 will be adding these as an option later on.
So it will cost more $$$ to make it work? Part of the system approach I assume? Sorry, it just don't make sense to me. Being rectangular and all.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 PM
JustJAY
6th Gear
Good pt. ignote; I should rephrase: How do we know if this does anything beneficial to the handling of the car?

I mean, roll cages help a lot, right? And this piece looks like it addresses one of the areas a roll cage encompasses? So then by that reasoning, it works, right?

I really have no clue. I know I have a strut-tower brace that made no difference at all. But maybe that's because I believed it wouldn't. Now we're really doing down the rabbit hole...

mb
That is where I differ. I put the M7STB on and I felt a difference. My wife drove the MINI to work and she didn't know I had put it on and she called me from the car and said that something was wrong with the handling that it felt different and wanted to know what she should do. I told her the STB was on. She drives the MINI alot and notices things like that. Lucky me

Old 03-28-2007, 07:59 PM
1nf3rn0
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Honestly, the points this bar connects to are not an integral strength point for the unibody. They are just pieces of steel that were welded on to the unibody to mount the back of the seats to.

The Autopower roll cage I installed mounts to 6 points throughout the body, as well as braces itself against the ceeling and side of the roof. The cage made a huge difference, but I just cant see how this could do much. Look at the front strut tower brace. it is literally bolted to the strut towers. This is mounted a good foot away from the towers on a non structurally integral part of the car. For the price, you would be better off saving an extra $150 and buying an autopower roll bar. At least then you would get more structural reinforcment and you wouldn;t compromise trunk space.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love m7's products. I have a ton of them on my car. I just doubt this product could do much, let alone make a drastic change in the car's regidity. Don't you think that some of the feelings people have had from this regarding their car handeling better could just be a placebo effect?

Old 03-28-2007, 08:21 PM
ChrisW
6th Gear
Originally Posted by goaljnky
So it will cost more $$$ to make it work? Part of the system approach I assume? Sorry, it just don't make sense to me. Being rectangular and all.

Yea that how M7 makes all its money they Nickel and Dime you to death.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:24 PM
nabeshin
Functioning Lunatic
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I agree it wouldnt do much.

About the placebo effect, well more just for fun, I was planing on making a "roll cage" out of cardboard tubes painted black. It would look good from the outside. And you would "feel" a difference without adding much weight.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:25 PM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by JustJAY
Has anyone noticed a diffference in an MCS?
There is one description in the original post. It's a hotly debated topic. In the other thread, the moderater had to step in and restart the thread when the flinging got excessive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension M7 Rear Chassis Brace=AWESOME!