Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Suspension B-Spec++

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 08:56 AM
fastdad
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B-Spec++

Hi All,
I am new to the community and Mini's in general, but looking for some feed back on my current project. I bought a B-Spec car last year to use as an endurance car and ran it in near B-Spec trim for one race. For 2017 this car will only be used for endurance racing only so it doesn't need to conform to B-Spec rules, but I would like to utilize the basic package and hopefully improve a bit. Obviously what I need most is for this car to turn, so we are looking at additional camber, better bushings and sway bars.

It seems that the consensus is the H-Sport 25mm rear bar, but I don't see much about front bars. Also looking for input on bushing for a 100% race car.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:21 AM
Dr. Spade
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fastdad
Hi All,
I am new to the community and Mini's in general, but looking for some feed back on my current project. I bought a B-Spec car last year to use as an endurance car and ran it in near B-Spec trim for one race. For 2017 this car will only be used for endurance racing only so it doesn't need to conform to B-Spec rules, but I would like to utilize the basic package and hopefully improve a bit. Obviously what I need most is for this car to turn, so we are looking at additional camber, better bushings and sway bars.

It seems that the consensus is the H-Sport 25mm rear bar, but I don't see much about front bars. Also looking for input on bushing for a 100% race car.
What are your spring rates? You may not need to change the front sway bar.

Camber plates would be nice. I assumed B-spec prepped would have poly bushings already. If not then an Energy poly kit should do.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:59 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
For that you will be able to do a serious build. The Vorshlag plates are already ideal and the spring rates run well, but now that you can lower the car which will be termendous help.
Yes the Hsport bar is ideal
https://www.waymotorworks.com/h-spor...-sway-bar.html

If you want a front bar
https://www.waymotorworks.com/h-r-fr...ybar-mini.html

Yes of course front control arm bushings
https://www.waymotorworks.com/powerf...shing-kit.html

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 11-22-2016, 06:31 AM
fastdad
Neutral
I agree that lowering the ride height below the B-Spec level would help, but I don't have a good feel for a starting ride height, any thoughts?

Old 11-22-2016, 06:33 AM
fastdad
Neutral
Also do I really need to change out the rear control arms to get enough rear camber?

Old 11-26-2016, 04:54 PM
BigBoost
4th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Also do I really need to change out the rear control arms to get enough rear camber?

Yes other wise you get super wired camber

Old 11-26-2016, 04:59 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Yes as you lower the car you will gain too much camber and need them to reduce the rear camber and make it even side to side.

As for ride height start about an inch below stock and adjust as you like

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more