Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension IE Fixed Camber with ST Coils

Old 10-24-2016, 07:22 PM
Tmcd29
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IE Fixed Camber with ST Coils

-I just ordered IE Fixed Camber plates, ST X Coilovers, and Megan rear control arms. Definitely not planning on slamming the car by any means, just slightly lowering (1"-1.5") to eliminate some wheel gap. My OEM Shocks are failing and my strut mounts are cracked so I went with this setup to replace the failures.

-Will I be ok with this setup or will i experience a lot of tire wear??

-I will be getting an alignment after I install them.

-I am hoping to have Camber around 1.6/1.7 and will set toe at either 0 or 1/8" up front. Thinking about 0 as i don't do a whole lot of highway driving and mostly do city.

-I also have a Whiteline 20mm RSB set at the middle setting, so I am hoping to have a car with some pretty good handling soon.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Alan Snow
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixed camber plates are predicated on the idea of a set ride height. They will all require a specific ride height, in order to achieve the camber settings intended.

I've not personally seen any that work with aftermarket struts and springs, but I suppose it's possible that there are fixed plates meant to be used with a specific set of lowering springs.

If you lower the car at all, you will gain extra camber from what the plates intended. This will result in extra wear, or worse, part failure.

IMO, if you are getting coilovers, you may as well spring for adjustable camber plates.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:33 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
We never recommend fixed camber plates with lowering springs or coilovers as they are designed for the stock ride height. Lowering the car will increase the camber more than 1.25neg, and because cars are never even left to right the split becomes larger and you can't adjust it even with fixed plates. Not to mention we've seen cars with just lowering springs and fixed camber plates have neg 2.5 camber which is too much for the street.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Search this Thread