Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension Anyone ever used the Ceika Big Brake Kit??

Old 10-05-2016, 11:40 AM
MonzMini
2nd Gear
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Anyone ever used the Ceika Big Brake Kit??

Hey guys I'm building my mini for track use and was looking into the different options for a BBK. Brembo is insanely expensive, Willwood lacks good reviews form track going drivers, Stop Tech seems alright, but the one I really want to know about is Ceika Racing. They're a pretty new company as far as I can tell. The calipers are made of T6061 T6 alloy so the metal quality is there and I've read a few reviews but they were lacking good information. I was hoping someone on here had some experience with the company... Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by MonzMini; 10-05-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Euler-Spiral
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive used wilwood,,, 12.2 and 11.75 for fitting 15's there are so many options and calipers ect have to ask what set up they used never any knock back or brake fade used super hard from 135+ long runs also what pads lots of choice with wilwood main reason I went with them and didnt build a set off outlaw calipers a fully floating disc might be nice beside aluminum hats but its more maintanance and cost

Old 11-09-2016, 08:40 AM
MonzMini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Euler-Spiral
Ive used wilwood,,, 12.2 and 11.75 for fitting 15's there are so many options and calipers ect have to ask what set up they used never any knock back or brake fade used super hard from 135+ long runs also what pads lots of choice with wilwood main reason I went with them and didnt build a set off outlaw calipers a fully floating disc might be nice beside aluminum hats but its more maintanance and cost
Thanks for the info man!
Wilwood is up in contention for my brakes too... just trying to narrow the search!

Old 11-09-2016, 11:19 AM
toddtce
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
The standard Wilwood kit for 15s can easily be converted to 12.2" rotor also with the use of new rotor rings and the barrel spacers in the bracket kits.

TCE has both the 'race' kit (GT rotors and ss pistons) in 11.75 as well as all the other combos of color and rotor finishes.

We are also the ONLY shop to offer the true competition version with a full 1.0" wide rotor for hard use open track uses. Bumps up the price a bit but it's a much more durable set up than the stock 11.75 x .810 rotor in the kit.

*Unless you're running 15 or 16" rotors you'd be far better served for track use with our 13" FSL kit.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:23 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by MonzMini
Hey guys I'm building my mini for track use and was looking into the different options for a BBK. Brembo is insanely expensive, Willwood lacks good reviews form track going drivers, Stop Tech seems alright, but the one I really want to know about is Ceika Racing. They're a pretty new company as far as I can tell. The calipers are made of T6061 T6 alloy so the metal quality is there and I've read a few reviews but they were lacking good information. I was hoping someone on here had some experience with the company... Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Thanks in advance!
what pads they use? Pad cost is what I am more concerned with, I've never had JCW brake fade but I am staying up on my research if needed TCE has a kit I have in the long term shopping list, but I have to fit under 15" 949 wheels

Old 11-10-2016, 04:31 PM
MonzMini
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by mega72
what pads they use? Pad cost is what I am more concerned with, I've never had JCW brake fade but I am staying up on my research if needed TCE has a kit I have in the long term shopping list, but I have to fit under 15" 949 wheels
They have proprietary pads. But apparently you can use any of the top manufactures products with them.