Suspension Springs, struts, coilovers, sway-bars, camber plates, and all other modifications to suspension components for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Suspension Sensen Shocks from EBAY tested for 15,000 miles

Old 11-09-2013, 06:28 PM
whoatemyrice
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sensen Shocks from EBAY tested for 15,000 miles

So when my shocks went to crud and I was on a budget for a bit, I decided to buy Sensen shocks from Ebay that had a lifetime warranty. My thoughts were if they fail after 10k miles, so be it, it wasn't that much, but they have handled fantastically.

Ride Quality: much less harsh, feel the bumps less.
Stability: More stable than OEM shocks up to the maximum speed.
Abuse: I drive like a jacka$$ and the shocks have no leaks or signs of abnormal wear and tear and it has actually improved my tire wear, from the prior shocks.
Install: It was a little tight going in, but some grease helped it, no modifications necessary. It came with the suspension bolts up top.

Quality: they were manufactured to international OEM quality and certified according to ISO 9001:2000, which is generally higher than U.S. DOT standards.

So if anybody else is on a budget and considering buying it from eBay, my take is go for it, I have not found a reason to replace these until they fail, but even when they do.. the lifetime warranty will give me new shocks or I can go for lowering my car with coilovers, but the California potholes will destroy everything.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:20 AM
HillbillyChili
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I second that

I had a blown out front and rear shock so after 160k miles on the whip I decided is was time to replace them all together. I've only had mine on for 2k miles but they are much better than having shocks that don't provide any support. No more vibration when turning and accelerating anymore.

They seem to be of OEM-ish quality, for a budget. I paid $160 for the full set off eBay but they do not come with any new bushings or bumpstops, so you will need to order new ones or reuse the old ones.

Installation was easy enough, had issues getting the struts into the steering knuckles but used a big hammer on the steering knuckle to vibrate it into place. I did snap off my drivers side pinch bolt so I had to drill that out and put a smaller bolt all the way through.

I also replaced my strut tower mounts with these since one was cracked from the blown shock hitting it repeatedly. I used Prime Choice Auto Parts tower mounts off of Amazon. Those come with new top nuts, studs already installed.

Apologies to revive a dead thread if that bothers you, but wanted to give my opinion on these in case anyone wasn't convinced by Rice.

Attached Thumbnails Sensen Shocks from EBAY tested for 15,000 miles-20180511_220013.jpg