MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 1st Generation MINIs > Stock Problems/Issues
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Neutral

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
Mini Fault Code List

Greetings - been a while since I've logged into MCO <<oops, I mean North American Motoring>>.

Now that my 2002S just turned 50K miles and is no longer under warranty (AND I don't want to wait TWO weeks to service at Ralph Schomp - yes TWO weeks for an oil change - I don't think so...) I decided to take it into a local tuning shop run by a friend for the oil change and such.

Since he doesn't have a Mini Fault code reader, he can't clear it or determine what it means.

Is there a list somewhere that has these codes? I am not sure if his reader also reads it in the same format. I have yet to google any similar code format.

Here is what the printout says:

X431 DIAG Report
Smartbox: 980243309900
date......time......
Total Codes: 001
CODE001:
ID 1,45,4,55 undefined.

That's it.

Any help is much appreciated!

Richard
Old 07-17-2005, 12:22 PM
3rd Gear

Gallery
what is the error code?????

here is a list of generic codes
mini specific codes can be found at the back of the Bentley maintenance manual alternatively wait for the release of BiM COM and it will read the code give you a description and clear the code for you

http://www.ross-tech.com/products.html
Attached Files
File Type: doc DTC Codes.doc (85.5 KB, 388 views)
File Type: doc P-codes OBDII.doc (246.5 KB, 345 views)
File Type: doc U-codes OBDII.doc (56.0 KB, 224 views)
Old 07-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Neutral

Gallery
Thanks for the quick response. What I typed is exactly what the device printed out and in the same layout. Not much of an error code format so I assumed it was because it is not meant for a mini. Not sure what brand/model the device is.

I will take a look at your attached doc's and see If I can piece it together somehow. For all I know, the error code means change your oil

Richard
Old 07-17-2005, 06:47 PM
6th Gear

Gallery
My car sometimes generates erroneous non-MINI fault codes; no lights, just the code. The latest was P0571; another that I can remember was P0575. By the way, I don’t have cruise control. The techs have been un-concerned since it never retains the code.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Neutral

Gallery
Handy to have
Old 10-22-2012, 03:04 PM