Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

airbag light keeps coming on...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 07:28 PM
Mini_Chan
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
airbag light keeps coming on...

I replaced my positive battery cable over the summer, because I was having electrical issues. After replacing the cable, the airbag light came on, which I knew was going to happen. I bought a Creator C110 scanner to clear the code. After I clear the code, when I turn it off and back on, the light comes back on. The code I am getting from the scanner is: 0B Battery, positive terminal isolation 1. I don't want to bring the car in for the dealership, if I don't have to. I was thinking of getting a resistor, but can't seem to find a 3.2 ohm 5 watt resistor anywhere. If anyone else has had this issue, how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Old 01-17-2017, 09:32 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
This thread on NAM should help: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...r-code-0b.html. A resistor might be a bandaid fix to the issue rather than actually fixing it. I'd check over the terminal and make sure nothing was damaged during the install.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 01-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Mini_Chan
5th Gear
The guy just kept clearing the light and it finally stayed off. I will keep clearing and see what happens. I checked the connection and it is free of corrosion, so not sure what else I can do, as the wire is still new.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:34 PM
*CharlieHustle
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What issue did you have prior to changing the battery cable?

The current issue with the airbag light wasn't a problem before and only recently showed up after replacing the cable?

Old 01-18-2017, 01:14 PM
Mini_Chan
5th Gear
My car was dying on me, and I thought it was the alternator. After I changed the alternator, the car was still having that same problem. The airbag light didn't go on until I swapped out the battery cable.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:38 AM
*CharlieHustle
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you replace the cable with a brand new part from the dealership, a used one pulled from another Mini, or one fabricated by yourself?

Is there any damage to the small connector that plugs into the BST?

Have you tried replacing the cable with the original battery cable to see if the problem changes??

Old 01-19-2017, 09:57 AM
Mini_Chan
5th Gear
I replaced it with a brand new cable purchased from ECS tuning. The small connector is not damaged. The airbag light automatically comes on when you pull the yellow connector from the module. The original battery cable was damaged, that was the reason I changed it.