Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Chassis Stabilization Malfunction - 2017 Clubman S All4

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 08:36 AM
John S
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chassis Stabilization Malfunction - 2017 Clubman S All4

The last thread for this problem was in 2014 and it effected braking. I posted a reply to this old thread but thought it best to add a new thread because this seems to be a return of an old problem.

My new 2017 Clubman S came up with the Chassis Stabilization Malfunction last night. It sat over the weekend and when I started it up last night the messaging system light up. Only 1360 miles on the car.

The malfunction is identified as Steering and DSC. The steering is so difficult that the car can not be driven safely.

It appears like an old problem is now back. My Mini is in service now.

Attached Thumbnails Chassis Stabilization Malfunction - 2017 Clubman S All4-img_3706.jpg  
Old 01-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Frank Vargas
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey John, Curious to see what the outcome was. I got the same error this evening. My Mini is a 2016 Clubman (manual) with only about 3800 miles on her. I went up the street to the store (parked on a 2-3 degree grade; incline) in the parking lot and when i came out to leave, upon starting her up the light "error" warning came on and she was impossible to steer. I was able to muscled it back home. She felt like a total loss of power steering. I got her home let her sit for 15 minutes (level) while i looked underneath, found nothing and when I started her back up the issue is gone. Unfortunately its Saturday night and i wont be able to take her in for service until Monday at the earliest. Wondering what your outcome was. Note: Mine is not an All 4.