Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Cel 2f07, 08 r56s

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:32 AM
santypnoy4
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cel 2f07, 08 r56s

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I got a CEL of 2F07 which it seems to be related to thermostat. I have searched in this forum to get more info about this but did not came up with any definite answer.

I have read that this year and model is prone to the thermostat failing and among other things so this might be the case with mine. I did not have any issues with my car but i just hit 81K so it must be around that time for things like this to come up. Do i just replace this part? how hard is this to DIY? Thanks!

Old 05-06-2015, 06:48 PM
santypnoy4
2nd Gear
any info would be very much appreciated, i'm planning to make a trip from DC to Boston at the end of this month and i would like to get this sorted before then. Thank you!

Old 05-07-2015, 02:35 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Could be two things, thermostat sensor : if the coolant is not low or the thermostat hosuing is not leaking. Check for leaks at the thermostat / water pump / and expansion tank first. Check on top of the transmission. Then check the coolant level in the expasion tank.

1. Then go to that sensor. Sometimes they go bad and replace it.

2. If you find you are low on coolant or have a leak the coolant is too low and not reaching the sensor.

3. When you start the car and it warms up do you get warm air when you turn on the Heater ? If no then its points to low coolant => coolant leak.

If you have a leak, get it check asap.

DIY and places to inspect:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...8-no-heat.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 05-11-2015, 07:37 PM
santypnoy4
2nd Gear
Thank you ECS, sorry I couldn't reply right away I was moving to a new apt. Anyways I don't see any signs of leaks and my coolant levels are normal, I also get warm air from the heater. This means, most likely the sensor? If I'm going to do that should I just go ahead and replace my thermostat as well?

Old 05-12-2015, 05:53 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
No problem,

Insurance if you have not replaced the whole thermostat already and are on the original. Sounds like a bad sensor ( top thermo sensor) if everything else on that check list is ok.

You have the DIY linked above.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 06-29-2015, 07:27 PM
santypnoy4
2nd Gear
Thanks ECS, i have purchased the new thermostat from you and just got it installed this weekend. It wasn't too bad and the DIY link definitely helped a lot! Everything turned out well and no leaks but i got a different CEL this time.

Its for 2F1A, "Coolant temperature sensor signal circuit or short circuit to positive". That's the code I'm getting from my scanner. Did i have a bad sensor, should i buy a new one and swap it out?

Now my fan would turn on even when the car is not warm and would stay running for a while. Even when i start it for a few seconds the fan would kick in. I have tried to clear the code but it doesnt go away. I also tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours to see if this would reset it but its still there.

Any idea what it could be? thanks for all the help!!!

Old 06-30-2015, 11:34 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
If it comes back right away it sounds like a circuit fault. If it takes a drive cycle before the fault comes back, then it's temp related fault. Make sure there is no coolant inside the plug. Go over the install and make sure you didn't miss plugging something back in. (DIY here). It's possible a sensor failed, but check all of these things first.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 07-10-2015, 05:20 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Originally Posted by santypnoy4
Thanks ECS, i have purchased the new thermostat from you and just got it installed this weekend. It wasn't too bad and the DIY link definitely helped a lot! Everything turned out well and no leaks but i got a different CEL this time.

Its for 2F1A, "Coolant temperature sensor signal circuit or short circuit to positive". That's the code I'm getting from my scanner. Did i have a bad sensor, should i buy a new one and swap it out?

Now my fan would turn on even when the car is not warm and would stay running for a while. Even when i start it for a few seconds the fan would kick in. I have tried to clear the code but it doesnt go away. I also tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours to see if this would reset it but its still there.

Any idea what it could be? thanks for all the help!!!
You are welcome. Glad I could help.

Sounds like the top plug that goes to the sensor is damaged , cut or not plugged in all the way. Make sure to plug it in and also check that harness.