Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Troubleshooting taillight bulb malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Kalibdor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Troubleshooting taillight bulb malfunction

Hey there. So I've looked around, found nothing, and I know absolutely nothing about electrical issues, so hopefully someone can help out. My driver's side taillight is out, only on the top of the two bulbs. I've switched out the bulb several times with new ones and it's still not working. I've been having issues with this particular bulb for a while now; I've had to replace it 4 or 5 times as opposed to maybe once for the rest. Just wondering what I can do to troubleshoot, if anything, before taking it to someone and paying labor fees etc. Thanks

Old 03-05-2015, 05:25 PM
afadeev
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kalibdor
Hey there. So I've looked around, found nothing, and I know absolutely nothing about electrical issues, so hopefully someone can help out. My driver's side taillight is out, only on the top of the two bulbs. I've switched out the bulb several times with new ones and it's still not working. I've been having issues with this particular bulb for a while now; I've had to replace it 4 or 5 times as opposed to maybe once for the rest. Just wondering what I can do to troubleshoot, if anything, before taking it to someone and paying labor fees etc. Thanks
BTDT - MINI rear tail lights overheat, and the top bulb's sockets distorts over time.

There is too little room to work on the cluster inside the car, so take it out (easy - google youtube), and you can file it back down so that the socket fits back into the cluster and properly completes the circuit.

a

Old 03-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Kalibdor
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Okay cool. Yeah I've gotten accustomed to just taking the whole light out even just to change bulbs lol so no issue there. Thanks for the info