Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 11:58 AM
bigwingboy
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Problems

Hi all! Yesterday I removed the intake manifold of my 2010 Clubman S and walnut blasted the valves. I removed the negative battery cable as per the Bentley manual. I reassembled the car, plugging in all the connectors I unplugged during removal. When I went to start the car it stuttered, then died. I cranked it again and it turned over for a few seconds then started. It runs great.
Problem is, when I started the car, the headlight came on even though the switch was shut off. Then I noticed several other things weren't working. Here's a list:
  • Headlight switch does nothing, always on when engine running.
  • Turn signals don't work
  • Instrument panel back-lighting
  • Power Windows
  • Emergency Flashers
I've checked fuses and found none blown. The Red car on the lift icon is displaying. I've un hooked the battery, left it off for more than 30 min, and reconnected it. Nothing helps.
I seriously doubt any of the connectors I unhooked from the intake have anything to do with the problems I'm having.
The car does NOT have intelligent battery connector.
Is there a module that controls all this stuff that I could reset? I really don't want to take it to the stealer.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Old 12-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
How's the battery voltage?

Old 12-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Spoooolin
1st Gear
Time to try a good old battery re-set. Disconnect the power and negitive cable. Hold them together for 30-60min, and see what happens.

Other wise, something may have gotten shorted out. Did the ground cable touch the positive while it was still hooked up by chance?

Old 12-20-2014, 03:36 PM
snowmansgarage
Neutral
The one thing that all of those issues have in common is the footwell module located behind the driver's kick panel down by the pedals. It's responsible for lighting and window control, did it get wet by chance?

Old 12-20-2014, 11:38 PM
bigwingboy
Neutral
The footwell module bit the dust. Perhaps it was weak, who knows. The only thing I can think of is that it got spiked when I reattached the negative battery cable. Anyway, $780 later it all works again. I really need to get a data cable and some coding software.