Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Turn Signal/Indicators Blink Fast - All Working - Bulb Out Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Moonman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn Signal/Indicators Blink Fast - All Working - Bulb Out Warning Light

First Post!!!! Bought my '07 MCS about a month ago and I couldn't be happier with it aside from a few quirks I've had to work out but I knew about the stigma of this car going in (gotta pay to play in my opinion).

First off I've searched high and low here on NAM, other forums, google, bing, yahoo, you name it and have found no definitive help to figuring this out.

Onto my problem.....starting car, bulb outage warning symbol on in the tach display and turn signals are blinking twice as fast in both directions. Obviously my first thought is that a bulb is out. Walked around the car and everything is operational (I checked every bulb....corner lights, reverse lights, signals, reverse, foglamps, license lights, etc).

I accessed the secret menu in the tach display and read the messages:
CC ID 122 (indicator, front left, failure)
CC ID 125 (indicator, rear right, failure)
CC ID 133 (rear light, left, failure)

I replaced all 3 of these bulbs even though they were lighting up properly. I made sure the contacts were good, clean, and tight. Also made sure the new bulbs were the correct wattage. I also checked the sockets and connections of the remaining bulbs in each of the above housings and all were good.

Despite my efforts, the bulb outage message still comes on upon startup and my turn signals, though operational, still blink twice as fast in both directions.

Is there a learning period for the car to determine for itself that the bulbs are good? Do I have to drive it for a period of time? Computer have to be reset? I'm most familiar with Volkswagen lighting systems and the VW bulb light would go out immediately after replacing the bulb and cycling the key.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:15 PM
elsenordave
4th Gear
I have the same thing...how did you resolve?

Old 04-17-2014, 04:48 AM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are any of the bulbs LED?

Old 04-17-2014, 10:45 AM
elsenordave
4th Gear
Originally Posted by yetti96
Are any of the bulbs LED?
Nope good old fashion bulbs.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:24 PM
barnoun
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by elsenordave
I have the same thing...how did you resolve?
It could be a problem with the FRM module. There was an update to the FRM module software that came out in 2010 to stop the module from triggering random bulb out warnings since it was a known issue, but you'd have to have a dealer see if yours is updated.

You could also try turning off the cold and warm bulb checks in the FRM module using NCS Expert.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:11 PM
rckrzy1
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Another guess is poor ground somewhere, check a loose cable to body/chassis

Old 04-17-2014, 11:32 PM
elsenordave
4th Gear
Found it. Poor connection at socket cleaned and straightened...

Old 11-04-2015, 08:48 AM
uconnhuskiesfans
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Moonman
First Post!!!! Bought my '07 MCS about a month ago and I couldn't be happier with it aside from a few quirks I've had to work out but I knew about the stigma of this car going in (gotta pay to play in my opinion).

First off I've searched high and low here on NAM, other forums, google, bing, yahoo, you name it and have found no definitive help to figuring this out.

Onto my problem.....starting car, bulb outage warning symbol on in the tach display and turn signals are blinking twice as fast in both directions. Obviously my first thought is that a bulb is out. Walked around the car and everything is operational (I checked every bulb....corner lights, reverse lights, signals, reverse, foglamps, license lights, etc).

I accessed the secret menu in the tach display and read the messages:
CC ID 122 (indicator, front left, failure)
CC ID 125 (indicator, rear right, failure)
CC ID 133 (rear light, left, failure)

I replaced all 3 of these bulbs even though they were lighting up properly. I made sure the contacts were good, clean, and tight. Also made sure the new bulbs were the correct wattage. I also checked the sockets and connections of the remaining bulbs in each of the above housings and all were good.

Despite my efforts, the bulb outage message still comes on upon startup and my turn signals, though operational, still blink twice as fast in both directions.

Is there a learning period for the car to determine for itself that the bulbs are good? Do I have to drive it for a period of time? Computer have to be reset? I'm most familiar with Volkswagen lighting systems and the VW bulb light would go out immediately after replacing the bulb and cycling the key.
where within the secret hidden menu did you find these messages