Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Half CEL, CC ID 029, but idles fine

Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
MNMLST
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Half CEL, CC ID 029, but idles fine

It's 70 degrees outside and my 2011 MCS with 11600 miles is giving me the half CEL w/ CC ID 029 for the first time ever. I've read that the code relates to the high-pressure fuel pump. The engine doesn't sound abnormal, idles fine, and does not give off any suspicious smells. I drove it slowly around the block under 30mph and it seems to be fine. I'm afraid to drive it any faster or any further. The half CEL only appears on the tach and it appears in "CHECK-INFO", but the CEL on the large speedometer is not on.

Some background: I have not driven it for 36 hours, give or take, and temperatures dipped down to the low 50s in the past 2 days. I always fill up with 91 and the dealership changed the oil 600 miles ago.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
ThumperMCS
6th Gear
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
It's the HPFP...take it in and get it replaced.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:06 PM
MNMLST
3rd Gear
I got a chance to pull codes and came up with "P10D0" which stands for "Charge air temperature sensor, plausability, cold start: Temperature too high". It sounds like a temp sensor issue.

The scantool only found one code. I'm not sure if the "CC-ID 029" is just a fluke, but scantool didn't see it.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:10 AM
MiniDeLux
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charge air temperature is the temp of the air entering the engine after passing through the intercooler.

Could be a number of things. I would check in order:

Coolant level too low
Coolant to water ratio wrong (did you flush the coolant system lately?)
Intercooler contaminated with oil and/or damaged
Make sure your intake piping is all okay - no leaks, no splits in the hoses, etc...

Originally Posted by MNMLST
I got a chance to pull codes and came up with "P10D0" which stands for "Charge air temperature sensor, plausability, cold start: Temperature too high". It sounds like a temp sensor issue.

The scantool only found one code. I'm not sure if the "CC-ID 029" is just a fluke, but scantool didn't see it.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 AM
MNMLST
3rd Gear
Thank you for that, MiniDelux.

I should've mentioned that I've cleared the codes and the CEL hasn't appeared since. I've checked the things you listed and they all seem fine. Although, I think it's unlikely for a car with less than 12k miles to suffer from last two issues you mentioned.

The P10D0 doesn't concern me as much as the "CC-ID 029." I just hope that my SA would look into it, even though the code has gone away.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:25 PM
nameless_ak
1st Gear
Thank you for that, MiniDelux.

I should've mentioned that I've cleared the codes and the CEL hasn't appeared since. I've checked the things you listed and they all seem fine. Although, I think it's unlikely for a car with less than 12k miles to suffer from last two issues you mentioned.

The P10D0 doesn't concern me as much as the "CC-ID 029." I just hope that my SA would look into it, even though the code has gone away.
I was wondering if you ever figured out what was wrong? My 2011 Countryman S is coming up with the same P10D0 Code and I'm thousands of miles from a dealership :(

Old 09-14-2012, 07:17 AM
MNMLST
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by nameless_ak
I was wondering if you ever figured out what was wrong? My 2011 Countryman S is coming up with the same P10D0 Code and I'm thousands of miles from a dealership :(
Sorry to hear that. I can understand what you must be going through.

I wish I can tell you something of substance. I will not speculate as to what caused it or how it went away, but my Mini is back to normal as if nothing had happened.

I'm not suggesting anything, but just to let you know I became confident that the problem was minor once I determined that fluid levels were normal, there were no suspicious odors and the engine purred like normal--no bouncing idle, hesitations or burbling sounds that might indicate abnormal engine operation. In fact, I drove it to the auto parts stores to buy a scantool!

I was suspicious that only the half CEL on the tack remained, while yellow CEL on the speedometer has disappeared. It might be an ECU issue, I thought. So, I bought an OBD II scantool (70$) to reset the code, just to see if it'll come back. If it does, then I know it needs immediate attention. But the code didn't reappear and I haven't seen it since. I drove my Mini to a dealership, which is over 200 miles away, and described the problem to my SA. But without a code, he said they wouldn't do anything other take it for a test drive to see if it comes back. The trip was a waste of gas! I guess it's still good to have the whole thing documented, though.

Good luck!

Old 06-22-2013, 03:04 PM
JC07mini
1st Gear
Cc-id 029

The "half check engine orange light" came on for me today. Did seem a bit under powered too. I had it in my garage jacked up on the passenger side for about a week. Was trying to replace the drive belt (serpentine) and it took that long for me to tackle (I have a job so the mini repair is part-time). After replacing the belt and changing the oil I took it for a test drive. That's when the light came on. I researched the code that said something about Fuel pump. Perhaps being tilted that long drained something or created an air pocket. I was at about 3 lights on fuel so I went and filled up the tank. It came on again but my code reader says there are no codes.
The only thing I can figure is there is an air bubble or hiccup somewhere. I double checked to be sure I didn't forget to re-connect something somewhere.
Anybody have a clue about this code? I'm starting to get the feeling that most mini owners leave the maintenance/repairs to the dealers
(I bought a GoodYear Gatorback belt for 11 bucks - the dealer wants $45)

Old 06-23-2013, 10:02 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
I had this problem on my 2012 MCS, I got P10D0, P15E8, and P0128 at various times - CEL would come on with the 1/2 power symbol but the car ran fine and it would clear after a restart or two. It is a known issue with a coolant temp sensor, dealer replaced it under warranty.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:23 PM
JC07mini
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jc07mini
The "half check engine orange light" came on for me today. Did seem a bit under powered too. I had it in my garage jacked up on the passenger side for about a week. Was trying to replace the drive belt (serpentine) and it took that long for me to tackle (I have a job so the mini repair is part-time). After replacing the belt and changing the oil I took it for a test drive. That's when the light came on. I researched the code that said something about Fuel pump. Perhaps being tilted that long drained something or created an air pocket. I was at about 3 lights on fuel so I went and filled up the tank. It came on again but my code reader says there are no codes.
The only thing I can figure is there is an air bubble or hiccup somewhere. I double checked to be sure I didn't forget to re-connect something somewhere.
Anybody have a clue about this code? I'm starting to get the feeling that most mini owners leave the maintenance/repairs to the dealers
(I bought a GoodYear Gatorback belt for 11 bucks - the dealer wants $45)

Well there was a bubble and a hiccup. The vaccuum pump was leaking oil into the vaccuum lines to the point they were bulging. After replacing the vaccuum pump and lines all is well for the moment.

Last edited by JC07mini; 08-21-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:30 PM
JC07mini
1st Gear
Update.
Didn't drive it much since the vacuum lines and pump replaced. Tried to keep miles below the end of warranty since the dealer told me the clutch needed replaced.
Finally got it in the dealer last week (Aug 12) to replace the clutch. Got it back Monday (Aug 19). Driving home the CEL half-power light came on again. Same CC-ID 029 as before. Here it is Wednesday and haven't heard a peep out of the dealer.
I'll post an update when I get one.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:53 AM
JC07mini
1st Gear
Well, I got it back Thursday (Aug 22). They replaced the Turbo this time. And a bunch of other pipes and such that go with it. Luckily the cpo covered it for $50 deductible. Car definitely felt peppier than it had in a long time.
Put 130 miles on it Friday (Aug 23) driving to car dealers looking for a new car. The last dealer I stopped at the good ol' "Mini warning chime" came on with a malfunction. A slight sigh of relief came over me when it was just a tail light bulb burned out.
Saturday (Aug 24, yesterday) found a dealer willing to get me out of this nightmare. Happy to say I am no longer a Mini owner.
Fun car but very unreliable after it gets miles on it.