MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > Stock Problems/Issues
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Hey guys! 2004 R53
53 Replies, 1,121 Views
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Neutral

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
What does symbol :Yellow lightbulb w/exclamation point" mean?

I have this come up on my tach and go right back off. It's not in my manual and I can't find it anywhere...

It's a yellow light bulb with exclamation inside, it has little marks surrounding the light bulb as if the light bulb is supposed to be lit.

I checked all my lights and they seem to be working. Of course the symbol was already out by the time I was home and checked the lights.

I have a 2008 coupe s.

Thanks for the help
Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 AM
5th Gear

Gallery
Page 138 of my 2009 Owner's Manual states that this symbol means "bulb of exterior lighting system failed."

You probably have a light (e.g., turn signal, tail light, etc.) out somewhere, perhaps intermittently.

2009 JCW Clubman | Chili Red, Black Sport Stripes/Roof/Mirrors, Black cloth & trim
Makes a "whooshing" sound when it goes by...

Last edited by timfitz63; 04-07-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:10 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
Garage
And yes it is in the Manual for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011

08MCCS, HC/HC/Blk, 6 SPD, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Convenience, HiFi, HC L/C - Steering Wheel - Shift Knob-Boot, - E Brake Handle-Boot, English Oak - 17" Web Spoke (R98) Painted H/C, H/C Club Member #42.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:23 AM
5th Gear

Gallery
I get this periodically! It drive me crazy, because after a complete inspection all lights are working properly. Unfortunately I learned to ignore it when it does go off.
2008, MCS, Pure Silver, 17" R98 Web Spokes, Sport Suspension, Sport Package, Eufori RFs, 6 Speed Man, Pano Roof, HIFI, Auto A/C, K&N Filter, 3M Tint, Custom 3" Magnaflow Exhaust, Yellow Fog Light Bulbs & More p:
Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 AM
1st Gear

Gallery
I had the same intermittent symbol for a while

I had the same warning light without visible bulb out from any of bulbs. One day I finally caught one of license plate bulb out. But it is so intermittent. One moment is on but next is off.) Anyway I changed it to LED bulb from ebay. I also noticed the water/moisture inside a housing. Good that I cleaned and replaced it anyway.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 AM
6th Gear

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Gallery
IT MEANS YOUR CAR IS ABOUT TO VIOLENTLY EXPLODE! RUN THE f@#% AWAY FROM YOUR CAR!

'09 MINI Cooper S Track Toy Lessons Learned

Studies show 100% of people die, so you might as well have some fun while you're at it.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:47 PM
4th Gear

Gallery
I had intermittent bulb out indicator also, usually when cold outside and all bulbs were lit. The bulb out indicator would go out after the car was running five to ten minutes. This went on for about a month, then I had a headlight fail. Replaced bulb and have not had a bulb out warning since. Was the bulb failing in some way and causing the bulb out warning?
"Sunny" - Mellow Yellow 2008 MCS | Convenience Package | Cold Weather Package | Premium Package | Sport Package | 6 Speed Manual Trans | Limited Slip Diff |Conti 215/45/17 DWS Extreme Contact Tires l BSH Catch Can l Marshall Oil Pressure and Coolant Temperature Gauges l NM Torque Arm Insert l Helix FMIC l Koni FSD Shocks l Ordered 6.14.08 | Home 7.16.08
Old 04-07-2011, 03:47 PM