MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 1st Generation MINIs > Stock Problems/Issues
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
From 60's muscle to mini
10 Replies, 166 Views
First Mini, 2009 JCW Hardtop
by covt
12 Replies, 301 Views
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 07:16 AM
4th Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
Why not use PlastiDip?

Should I try it and post my results?

Of course, my non-aerosol PlastiDip is yellow and I don't think that would go well on our DS MCS.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:44 AM
6th Gear

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gallery
The REAL fix is a new, redesigned latch, free from the dealer....Fix it once, it is done forever!!
Tape must be re-done every few months....
Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 AM
4th Gear

Gallery
Let me get this straight, the latch is the part attached to the door, not the vehicle, and is the part which, well, latches the door shut? Good grief, we have had this rattle for a year now, coming from the rear of the car and could not figure out what it was! Ours is a 2006 Cooper S, does the redesigned part from the dealer match? Is it expensive?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:23 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
The dealer installed mine in 2006.....it was part of a service campaign...
The updated part is black, the orgional one is chrome...that is how you can tell if you have the updated part.
The part I am refering to is the loop attatched to the trunk/boot that swings up.
Some folks have a rattle from misadjusted bumpers...the rubber thinggys that the trunk bumps up against...they can be twisted a bit to make them taller/shorter.
This is one thing that I could have sworn was automatically done without asking by the dealer at a regular service visit...then they tell in passing that they did it....
The part was changed for free...I don't know of anybody that paid for it....
l 2005 MCS l 11-04 Production l owned since new l RMW Tuned l Craven -17% Pulley l Craven Speed STD l Dinan CAI l JCW 380's l H&R 19 MM Swaybar l MSD Ignition l Power Steering Fan Duct l LightInSight l "EURO" MINI Armrest l Euro Parcel Shelf l Brake Light PULSAR(gen2)l Detroit Tuned Tensioner Stop l Blitzsafe/xmradio l Cobra 19IV CB l 4.5' Francis CB25 CB Antenna, mounted on the rear tow rig!!
Old 08-28-2010, 11:46 AM
4th Gear

Gallery
Garage
Well, glad it's that easy - for you guys
Mine's rattling on even smooth roads, been that way for a while

EDIT: nvrmnd, it's something under the car
2002 MCS+: 15%, Alta CAI, IE-style Custom Cat-back, MSD, Brisk Silvers; ACT / Fidanza, B&M shifter; Hotchkis Springs & Control Arms, Alta 19mm, strut brace, Powerflex LCA's; Autometer gauges / Craven pods
People who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.-anon

Last edited by DaveVT02S; 08-28-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Neutral

Gallery
OMG... the electrical tape REALLY works to stop the rear hatch rattle. When I first read about it I thought, "That's too easy. It has to be more complicated." But voila! It's magic. Actually... it's magic electrical tape! Thanks everyone!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:46 PM
2nd Gear

Gallery
hatch rattle

I have a new 2012 coupe that had the rattle,the dealer wrapped the d-ring with felt tape and said it was the factory fix
Old 05-03-2012, 04:46 PM