Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Top Ten Cars Most likely to be Dumped!!

Old 09-23-2015, 03:19 AM
coachvminis
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Top Ten Cars Most likely to be Dumped!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/resea...AAa0dzB#page=4

Oh! Gee Look!!

The Mini made it to #8 To Most likely to be dumped!

And I'm Shocked!..

8. MINI>Q2 2015 customer loyalty: 35.8%>Q2 2014 customer loyalty:33.9% >2015sales: 40560[/FONT]

Loyalty forBMW’s MINI brand has wavered in recent years. In the first quarter of 2012, the brand ranked 13th overall. The line of hatchbacks based on the iconic British car has fallen to eighth-worst since then. Current owners may be balking at purchasing another MINI in part due to mechanical issues they have been having with their current model. In JD Power’s 2015 Vehicle Dependability Study, the brand had more problems reported per vehicle than all but three other brands.

I have a full list of mechanical issues within 40,000 Miles that just should not happen.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:57 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
What do they mean by dumped? Do they mean that customers will not buy the brand again, or that the parent companies will discontinue the brand? I couldn't navigate to the explanation from your linky.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:53 AM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
I'm happy to say that for my next car I'm definitely choosing another MINI. Owning an 08 S for 2.5 years and running, I've had no unexpected maintenance come up, spending maybe a total of $1500 on oil changes, serp belt replacement, tensioner replacement, full brake job. The rest (another 1500 or so) I dumped into mods and winter tires. It makes me smile every time I get in and hear the fJCW exhaust.

Next up: a '13 JCW. The MF01 edition (see http://www.motoringfile.com/2013/01/...ni-of-chicago/) was on sale a couple weeks ago and I was going to pick that up for $23k, but someone stole it one day before I could drive down to Chicago to see it :(. Now I have to be patient and wait for the right one to come along, no way I'm compromising on this one!

Old 09-23-2015, 07:56 AM
coachvminis
4th Gear
Msn

Originally Posted by Helix13mini
What do they mean by dumped? Do they mean that customers will not buy the brand again, or that the parent companies will discontinue the brand? I couldn't navigate to the explanation from your linky.

I read this on MSN.com this morning about what Auto makers line of vehicles may be stopped in production. And Mini is the only one out of Ten
that might be done in production due to a number of mechanical failures.
The other nine are due to sales. That may be stopped in production.

Makes you want to think about a Mini.
I for one will never own another. I could list at least eight items I needed to change due to failure within 40,000 miles.
I have never owned a vehicle with this many mechanical issues in my life. As with this Mini.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:09 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Received 264 Likes on 210 Posts
what a terrible nonsensical article an entire car company is not gonna shut down because of some reliability issues with a new model

they don't even distinguish models or look at profitability they group the entire brand together based on return buyer estimates?

Old 09-23-2015, 08:22 AM
coachvminis
4th Gear
Really!

Originally Posted by mega72
what a terrible nonsensical article an entire car company is not gonna shut down because of some reliability issues with a new model

they don't even distinguish models or look at profitability they group the entire brand together based on return buyer estimates?

The article does not say "entire car Company" Where does it say that? Really dude!

"This particular Model the Mini made By BMW! Loyalty for BMW’s MINI brand has wavered in recent years. In the first quarter of 2012, the brand ranked 13th overall. The line of hatchbacks based on the iconic British car has fallen to eighth-worst since then. Current owners may be balking at purchasing another MINI in part due to mechanical issues they have been having with their current model. In JD Power’s 2015 Vehicle Dependability Study, the brand had more problems reported per vehicle than all but three other brands."

And its a suggestive statistical find by a writer.

Article states

"10 cars most likely to be dumped"

Based on Statistical criteria. Written by Michael B. Sauter.

Did you read the article?

Old 09-23-2015, 12:06 PM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Originally Posted by coachvminis
Did you read the article?
I did, seems you did not it's specifically talking about entire brands not models

Old 09-23-2015, 12:40 PM
coachvminis
4th Gear
Really!!

I did, seems you did not it's specifically talking about entire brands not models
The very first part of the quoted sentence says

"This particular Model the Mini made By BMW! Loyalty for BMW’s MINI"

OMG give me a break... Wow! Just Wow!

Why would I post something on this site about anything other than the Mini? Hello!

Cheese and crackers !!

Old 09-23-2015, 01:45 PM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Originally Posted by coachvminis
The very first part of the quoted sentence says

"This particular Model the Mini made By BMW! Loyalty for BMW’s MINI"

OMG give me a break... Wow! Just Wow!

Why would I post something on this site about anything other than the Mini? Hello!

Cheese and crackers !!
U did not read it go back and read every page

Old 09-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Helix13mini
There referring the to cars that suffer major failures or continued failures one after another, not the manufacture. If I had an engine failure at 85,000 miles and I didn't have a warranty I'd dump the car as it's not worth saving. Every now and then I see older 1st gen 02-05's MCS's on the road and they still look brand new, much more reliable.

Last edited by Systemlord; 09-23-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:20 AM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Originally Posted by Systemlord
There referring the to cars that suffer major failures or continued failures one after another, not the manufacture. If I had an engine failure at 85,000 miles and I didn't have a warranty I'd dump the car as it's not worth saving. Every now and then I see older 1st gen 02-05's MCS's on the road and they still look brand new, much more reliable.
No read every page they do not say or imply that at all

Old 09-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Slave to Felines
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
It's talking about brands, not models. And "dumped" means "not buying another of the same brand".

Here, from the first page in the article:

A brand's loyalty rating is determined by the current owners’ considerations when purchasing a new car. In the case of top-selling brands such as Toyota and Ford, more than 50% of the brand’s existing customers appeared were considering sticking with the same make in 2015.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
No read every page they do not say or imply that at all
Current owners may be balking at purchasing another MINI in part due to mechanical issues they have been having with their current model.
That would be me, a current owner.

Please tell me you're not here to just troll and try to get on everyone's nerves and attacking the article?!

It's only a matter of time before this thread is closed.

Last edited by Systemlord; 09-24-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:37 PM
MrBlah
6th Gear - AX Champion
Originally Posted by Systemlord
That would be me, a current owner.

Please tell me you're not here to just troll and try to get on everyone's nerves and attacking the article?!

No body said anything about a shutdown of a car company.
actually they did just that on the very next couple pages of the article talking about jaguar and buick in the US, the whole article is clickbait crap

Old 12-08-2015, 11:04 PM
Peanut61
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't take another mini if you gave me one for free...

Old 12-08-2015, 11:50 PM
dongood
4th Gear
The OPs link is dead, but I think I found the original article, and yes the article is talking about entire brands, the modern Mini from 2001 to the present being a "brand".

http://247wallst.com/special-report/...-to-be-dumped/

And here is the article they wrote last year.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/...-to-be-dumped/

Both articles start of with practically identical paragraphs, in fact 24/7 Wall Street comes out with this list every year.

Have you seen those "10 Celebrity Plastic Surgery Failure" articles that plaster the Internet?

All 24/7 Wall Street content falls into the same category. Sure it's a little more high brow, but still 100% click bait.

I linked to the original article strictly so you wouldn't hit any click traps, but a quick Google search finds the same "news" article on numerous sites.

Need further convincing? Check out their own about us page and read between the lines.

http://247wallst.com/about/

This article was created to be sensationalistic, cause controversy, and get you to click through to something else, preferably an ad.

Yes, brand loyalty is a concern, but it is more probable that most Mini owners who do not buy another Mini simply got married and had kids.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:36 PM
Peanut61
Banned
my god, the Mini is a POS

Old 01-05-2016, 07:52 PM
LostDenverite
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dongood
...most Mini owners who do not buy another Mini simply got married and had kids.
That's funny. I got my first MINI after I got rid of the wife and there was only one last child on my payroll. Now I'm on my 2nd MINI (and my youngest wanted my first MINI &#128516.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:01 PM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
God, my 2008 MINI is such a..

...delight! Just hit 30K miles. I love it!

Old 01-30-2016, 08:51 PM
nrfitchett4
3rd Gear
while I would consider another Mini, I wouldn't without an extended warranty of some sort. Just too many issues that many people see. After I got mine, got the auxiliary water pump recall done and the complete timing chain/tensioner assembly replaced, I've been about 35k miles without incident. Now it looks like the HPFP is failing. Can't really complain, just hoping that I can get the dealership to replace it without too much threatening. After that, it's walnut shell blasting time. I just did the spark plugs as well.