MINI Cooper MINI Cooper specs

Go Back   North American Motoring > 2nd Generation MINIs > Stock Problems/Issues
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to North American Motoring !
Welcome to North American Motoring,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

» Latest Main Topics
Hey guys! 2004 R53
55 Replies, 1,187 Views
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2007, 04:48 AM
4th Gear

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
Check Engine Light & Code Display on OBC

I'm getting the outline yellow check engine light. With the engine running, I go to the Check-Info section of the OBC and with the yellow engine outline displayed I hold the stalk button for about 10 seconds and get the code "CC-ID 031". Does anyone know what that means? I had not seen anywhere else that you could get codes from the OBC so I'm not sure if it's directly related or not.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:28 AM
2nd Gear

Gallery
Call MINI service!

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...ata/500/-3.jpg
Old 12-19-2007, 04:03 PM
1st Gear

Gallery
Mine has also displayed the CC ID 031 code. Engine runs rough, will not idle and stalls. Gas has been switched out too.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:11 AM
4th Gear

Gallery
Mine is running fine. Maybe that code is unrelated to the check engine problem? Anyone else ever get a code this way when their check engine light came on?
Old 11-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Neutral

Gallery
Check Engine Light & CC-ID 031 on OBC

The check engine light on my 2008 Clubman (non-S) just came on after going over a small mountain ~30 degrees F today. When I go into Set-Info / Check-Info and hold down the stalk button for 10 seconds, it reads CC-ID 031 as the original poster described.

It is possible that the gas cap was loose - it did not feel loose but I could click it once tighter once I stopped.

Since this was originally posted about a year ago, has anyone had additional insight on this error?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
5th Gear

Gallery
Just got the same code om our 09 Clubman S. Mini is running fine. Is there an online list of the Mini codes? Thanks,
Old 12-11-2008, 06:03 AM
2nd Gear

Gallery
031- increased emissions
Old 12-11-2008, 12:22 PM
5th Gear

Gallery
Just had the same thing occur. Yellow CEL, Increased Emissions note on the NAV display. Into the dealer, and fault 2736 was found. They replaced the DTML. And all seems good.

MC Clubman|SS/SS/Black|Hot Chocolate Lounge Leather|English Oak|Convenience|Cold Weather|15" 5 Star Spooler|MFSW|NAV|PDC
Production Week 23 2008 - Delivery #33 Ordered 3/28, Born 6/11, Arrived FEDORA 6/26, At dealer 7/3, Delivered 7/12
Old 12-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Neutral

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OWG View Post
Just had the same thing occur. Yellow CEL, Increased Emissions note on the NAV display. Into the dealer, and fault 2736 was found. They replaced the DTML. And all seems good.
2008 MCa - I have the same error.

What is the DTML?

Thanks,
Old 12-17-2008, 02:36 AM
5th Gear

Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngorongoro View Post
2008 MCa - I have the same error.

What is the DTML?

Thanks,
The SA described it as the module that controls the tank venting.

BMWAutoNet has it defined as:
Quote:
It is a little pump/sensor that measures fuel vapor emissions from fuel system. If your gas cap seal is faulty or you have any fuel system pressure leak this pump runs to maintain pressure in the system. Normally it is not supposed to run. When it runs it sets of the Check Engine light.

MC Clubman|SS/SS/Black|Hot Chocolate Lounge Leather|English Oak|Convenience|Cold Weather|15" 5 Star Spooler|MFSW|NAV|PDC
Production Week 23 2008 - Delivery #33 Ordered 3/28, Born 6/11, Arrived FEDORA 6/26, At dealer 7/3, Delivered 7/12
Old 12-17-2008, 06:01 AM
5th Gear

Gallery
The dealer ran all the tests on our Mini and found nothing wrong. They cleared the code and 800 miles later all is ok.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:29 PM
6th Gear

Gallery
Hi-
I didn't check the codes (ok, didn't realize I could until now). But I had my Clubbie flatbedded to the dealership last Friday due to a series of things in a 5 or 6 minute period, which started with my brakes failing on a hill (sank right into the floor and no brakes) and "ended" with my yellow check engine light. Since my service advisor & I both were worried about my brakes (or lack thereof), he insisted I call the 800 number and get the flatbed to bring my Clubbie in... I'm out of town right now, so he's got my clubbie to work on - but I've not heard yet what's up.
Don & Rosemary, is this Mini Rose that had the probs? I posted the full scenario of what went on with Mocha, in the week 38 thread...
I'll let y'all know what MINI of Nashville finds.
Happy Holidays-
Vivi
HCOC #64

Old 12-26-2008, 08:34 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
Hi folks,
I just heard back from MINI of Nashville about Mocha. They said she was a quart low on oil and that is "normal", even for new MINI's. Has anyone else heard that? Seems very suspiciuos to me. Also, no one was able to hear the "noise" or give me an explanation why I lost my brakes. I'm in San Diego right now, so can't go talk to the SA but will find out more on Monday.
Thanks- Vivi
HCOC #64

Old 12-26-2008, 09:42 AM
4th Gear

Gallery
Before going to the dealer on this, I think you'd better take off your shoes and socks and roll up your pant legs...

Dan (2010 MCa - white over red)
Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 AM
6th Gear

Gallery
LOL- thanks Dan- I've already done that... and my kids were in all the way with all their clothes on! They looked like drowned rats It's a tad chilly here though- mid 50's, and it's been raining quite a lot, so hasn't been the best beach weather.
We're heading home today, so no more beach play.
HCOC #64

Old 01-04-2009, 10:57 AM
2nd Gear

Gallery
Garage
Thanks for the info on this as Snoz just threw this code too. She's going in this Friday and I'll post back what the deal is.
Snozbry - 2007 R56 MCS DS/DS Premium, Cold Weather, Convenience, Sport, LSD, Punch Carbon Black Leather, Chrome Int & Ext, 17" Web Spokes, 6 Speed, Antracite Headliner, Driving Lights, Rear Fogs, HiFi, Bluetooth, Ipod, Garmin Nuvi with Kuda Mount. Red Alta CAI, Boost Tubes and Intake Tubes.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:48 AM
5th Gear

Gallery
code 031 is back again. Have to set up an appointment with the dealer. Is there any way to reset the codes with out a programmer?
Old 02-07-2009, 05:38 AM
5th Gear

Gallery
Took Mini Rose to the dealer friday, still at the dealer with multiple misfire codes.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 AM
5th Gear

Gallery
Mini Rose is still at the dealer. A lot of tests and no real failures. Mini has given the dealer permission to replace the fuel injectors as these are the primary suspect. I will try to get the error codes when we pick her up.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:15 PM
6th Gear

Gallery
CC ID 029 is the code mine threw with the high pressure fuel pump failure, for what that's worth to anyone.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
5th Gear

Gallery
Picked up the Mini today, they replaced the fuel injectors. Tech said the original injectors very full of carbon. They had 2900 miles on them. SA said the new injectors were a updated model.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Neutral

Gallery
Our '07 Mini was dropping a cylinder at idle about every 15sec. or so,started running on 3 cylinders, than cleared up when driving. still idling ruf intermittenly. id cc 031 is stored.

RDS
Old 11-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Neutral

Gallery
When new an engine will burn a quart or two of oil befor the rings seat.Normal condision.

RDS
Old 12-06-2009, 07:54 AM
3rd Gear

Gallery
First Issue

New owner, first time owner, 2010 MCS. Check engine light on, constant. Only 341 miles. Still first tank of fuel - lid is on tight. Clicked Set Info, then CHeck Info, then held for a few seconds......."Check OK" lit up. Ran the OBC with engine on, and found the same CC-ID 031 code as others in this thread. Oil is full/fine. Called dealer, service tech not in till Monday morning. Guessing they will have to flatbed it in?

Not a great start to first time MINI ownership. Good thing I kept my Scion xB - currently using to run errands, and to/from work till this issue clears up. The simple little Toyota box car starts up with no problems - like always.

Last edited by Tallman; 12-07-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

Gallery
Mine also threw an 031, but my dealer is 4 hours drive away...Is it okay to drive it that far? Seems to be running fine, and the light isn't always on.

Oscar:
2007 Mini Cooper
BRG/BRG, Manual, Cold Weather Pack, Tuscan Beige Leather, English Oak, Anthracite Liner, Chrome Line Interior, MFSW, Climate Control, & Fogs
Old 12-11-2009, 05:23 PM