St. Louis MINI Club The St. Louis MINI Club Forums. Visit our club site at www.stlmini.com

MINI's to Richmond, MO Rally (Saturday 5/4/13)

Old 03-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI's to Richmond, MO Rally (Saturday 5/4/13)

Name:  bwmtr2013_zps366a8588.png
Views: 26
Size:  75.4 KB
Name:  mc-web2.png
Views: 51
Size:  58.3 KB

WHO: ALL MINI COOPER OWNERS (Vintage Coopers Welcome)

WHAT: Car Rally at Richmond, Missouri’s Annual Mushroom Festival
Link: http://www.richmondchamber.org/festival.html

WHEN: SATURDAY, MAY 4TH, 2013

WHERE: RICHMOND, Missouri (40 MILES EAST OF KANSAS CITY) This location is a short drive from
Kansas City and Mid-Missouri, however we encourage all MINI’s through out the state to make the trip to Richmond for this MINI Rally.

I would like to encourage everyone to show up prior to 10:30 am as we will be part of the festival and I am certain people will want to see all of the different MINI's. A rough itinerary is list below:

TIMETABLE:
8:30 AM-9:00 AM: ARRIVE IN RICHMOND, MO
9:00 AM-12:00 PM: SOCIALIZE- MUSHROOM FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES
12:00 PM (NOON) : ORGANIZE FOR MUSHROOM FESTIVAL PARADE
12:15 PM: DRIVE TO PARADE LINE-UP
1:00 PM: MUSHROOM FESTIVAL PARADE
2:00 PM: RETURN TO RALLY SITE
2:30 PM: OPTIONAL SOCIAL GATHERING AT HOMETOWN PIZZA
(PARK YOUR MINI AT THE RALLY SITE AND COME TO THE OPTIONAL SOCIAL GATHERING AT HOMETOWN PIZZA,
STAY AS LONG AS YOU LIKE OR DEPART AFTER THE PARADE)

WHY: This will be the second year that there will be a MINI Cooper Rally at the Richmond Mushroom Festival. Last year, twelve MINI’s attended and we all enjoyed the parade and diversity of the Mushroom Festival. There were many unique vendors and a wide array of foodstands. The people of Richmond loved seeing the MINI’s in the parade and wanted us to come back this year. I am aware that the “MINI’s on the Dragon” in North Carolina is the same weekend but if you cannot make that trip please consider the Mushroom Festival in Richmond, MO.

DETAILS: The Mushroom Festival is an annual event that attracts a lot of people and they start on Thursday evening and conclude on Sunday. They have provided us a area to display our MINI’s next to vendors. There is no cost, just a great time for fellowship, to display our MINI’s and participate in their Mushroom Festival parade.

MINI PASSION: Hilary Morrissey is a passionate MINI owner. She has attended MINI Cooper shows and events throughout the state as well as hosting the MINI’s to Macon show in October 2011. The opportunity to get a group of MINI’s together at a fun event seems very appealing, so here we go! Mark Saturday, May 4th, 2013 on your calendar and make the trip to Richmond, Missouri!

TO MAKE RESERVATIONS:
Please e-mail Hilary Morrissey at ministomacon@gmail.com with your first and last name, the year, model, and color of your MINI.

Got Questions/Comments? Contact Hilary Morrissey at ministomacon@gmail.com
Hope to see you at the Mushroom Festival in Richmond, MO! http://www.ministorichmond.moonfruit.com

Last edited by Blueberry03MC; 04-27-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:28 PM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking forward to going...I love these small town fests, of all kinds!

Should be a lot of fun!

Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Dear MINI Cooper Owners,

Wow! I am truly overwhelmed by the response regarding the MINI Cooper Rally for the Richmond, Missouri Mushroom Festival. I believe the Mushroom Festival is in for a treat when they see a large MINI turnout. As of today I have received 17 requests to participate and there is a month until the festival. Last year there were 12 MINI Coopers that attended and I am hoping to double that this year. Twenty-four MINI Coopers showing up at Richmond, MO would let everyone know that the MINI power is a phenomenal experience. Please pass the word on to other MINI Cooper owners regarding this event. We look forward to a fun day and meeting new MINI owners and learning new MINI secrets. We have secured the same location as last year on West Main Street by the Farris Theater and Baptist Church. I am very pleased with everyones participation and it is exciting to see a positive response from all the MINI's. We have MINI's coming from Illinois, Warrensburg, Kansas City, Des Moines, IA and St. Louis. I will send out an email update approximately 10 days from the event with more information.

Thanks,
Hilary Morrissey
2003 Indi Blue MINI Cooper

Old 04-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Email Update and details for the event next weekend! ONE WEEK! :D

Dear MINI Cooper Owners,

One week from today on Saturday, May 4th, the Richmond Mushroom Festival MINI Cooper Rally will be held in downtown Richmond, Missouri. The Mushroom Festival is recognized as one of Missouri's best festivals in Rural Missouri magazine. There will be more than 125 craft and food booths, a carnival, and so much more.

We have 24 MINI's that will be driving in from many different locations to the Mushroom Festival Car Rally. The weather looks favorable for a great day of fun! The different MINI models include the Roadster, Countryman, Clubman, Coupe, Convertible, Hardtop, and JCW. I would like to encourage everyone to show up prior to 10:30 am as we will be part of the festival and I am certain people will want to see all of the different MINI's. A rough itinerary is list below:
TIMETABLE:
8:30 AM-9:00 AM: ARRIVE IN RICHMOND, MO
9:00 AM-12:00 PM: SOCIALIZE- MUSHROOM FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES
12:00 PM (NOON) : ORGANIZE FOR MUSHROOM FESTIVAL PARADE
12:15 PM: DRIVE TO PARADE LINE-UP
1:00 PM: MUSHROOM FESTIVAL PARADE
2:00 PM: RETURN TO RALLY SITE
2:30 PM: OPTIONAL SOCIAL GATHERING AT HOMETOWN PIZZA

(PARK YOUR MINI AT THE RALLY SITE AND COME TO THE OPTIONAL SOCIAL GATHERING, STAY AS LONG AS YOU LIKE OR DEPART AFTER THE PARADE)

There is a great group of MINI's attending and should anyone else want to join in they would more than welcome to come. Below is a map that will be helpful to get to the location as downtown Richmond will be closed off. Please review that map as it will be the easy way to get to the location at Farris Theatre.

:indi: Hilary

Name:  richmondmap1_zpsb142b549.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  116.7 KB

Old 04-30-2013, 08:12 AM
TinyEdge
1st Gear
Is it too late to sign up to join y'all?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
The more the merrier! email me at ministomacon@gmail.com with your first/last name and car info to make your reservation!

Old 05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
Dear MINI Cooper Owners,

I have received notification from the Mushroom Festival coordinators and they are very concerned about the weather. They have indicated to me that they plan to go on with the scheduled events unless threatening weather moves in. The weather model and forecast that we have been looking at shows 50/50 chance of rain on Saturday with the high temperature reaching the low 50's. Today and tomorrow's weather forecast shows a strong chance of precipitation with temperatures in the 40's. My plans are to be in Richmond, MO for the Mushroom Festival and should anyone want to take a chance and come I would welcome their participation. I fully understand that there are many factors that each person must consider and by no means is anyone obligated to attend. Travel distance, weather tolerance, and optimistic forecast would be necessary for you to consider before setting your sail to Richmond, Missouri. I plan to e-mail everyone on Friday evening with a weather update.

-Hilary

Old 05-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Blueberry03MC
2nd Gear
I would like to thank all those who came to Richmond, MO for the MINI Cooper Rally. 11 MINI's attended the event and the weather was improved from the previous two days, the weather was still a little rough and it did eventually make it into the 50's in the afternoon. There was a big crowd for the parade and the Coopers stole the show! I will keep you posted as more events are forthcoming.

Here is a link to the photo album of the pictures I took: http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/Hi...nd%20MO%202013

Thanks again!

Hilary

Old 05-06-2013, 04:32 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sure, a bit cool (37 degrees on May 4th? Seriously?) but it was fun to meet some other MINI owners and check out the festival.

Thanks so much for organizing this for us!