White (and possibly) blue 1st or 2nd gen needed for HOLLYWOOD CHRISTMAS PARADE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 01:54 PM
user 56789
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White (and possibly) blue 1st or 2nd gen needed for HOLLYWOOD CHRISTMAS PARADE!

Hi local mini folks:

This is the fifth year and third movie car replica in the Hollywood Christmas parade the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend 11/29 with the fine folks at www.starcarcentral.com

My ex-Disney Herbie the Love Bug has made a couple of appearances in the parade, and my James Bond 'Tomorrow Never Dies' BMW replica has made a couple of appearances in the parade, and now that I have enough done on my Italian Job clone (and I have a couple hundred lightweight gold bars in hand) it's time for the Mini to make the show.

A couple of local friends have been working with me to build up their own cars so we can have an Italian Job trio - but the Blue mini owner may not be able to make it, and the White Mini is starting over with a new base car that is in the process of being purchased - so I need a Blue and/or White to join me on Hollywood Blvd. and international TV coverage!

I'll bring the gold bars, you bring the minis! The cars need to be set up on Hollywood Blvd. at Highland around 2pm Sunday, and we're usually done around 9pm. (Ideally, whoever wants to join me in the parade would be available to 'test fit' all of the gold in their car and prepare the display at my home in Mission Viejo sometime this upcoming weekend 11/21-22 as well). You can bring as many people as you can fit in the car with the tailgate open and the gold on display (probably 1 max in the passenger seat, but maybe 2 if one of your guests doesn't mind riding in back with all of the gold).

Here are the film cars:

White mini needs black hood stripes and rallye lights. White roof, JCW Aero kit, and cross spoke composite wheels are a plus, but not essential.

Blue mini (understudy to my local Blue) needs white hood stripes and rallye lights. White roof, JCW aero kit, and cross spoke composite wheels are a plus, but not essential.

Here's where it gets interesting:

I have an R56 cooper that was too good to pass up as a single owner impeccably maintained car in my family @13k miles. It's not an R53, but I've put on the JCW kit, wheels, lights, and Cooper S front bumper with clubman lip to make it look a bit more like the film car:

Did I mention all of the gold bars? Here's what 180 of them looked like in my car at the Long Beach Comic Con a couple of months ago:

To make the trio look the part, we can go with a white 1st gen and my friend's blue 1st gen, a brand new pair of white/blue matching 1st gen cars, or a brand new pair of white/blue matching 2nd gen cars to match mine.

Anyone interested in an adventure a week from Sunday in Hollywood, give me a PM or an email as soon as possible and we'll work out timing.

Cheers

--Brian

Old 11-28-2015, 11:34 AM
user 56789
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump! This is tomorrow and we have two Minis ready to go to drive the Red Carpet in Hollywood, but not a third!

I have gold and license plates ready to go, and can get hold stripes and rally lights for anyone in the area this evening. Any white Mini will do - is anyone available?