Sota MINIs The Sota MINIs (Minnesota) club forum.

Newbie in Minnesota - looking for a club ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 12:50 PM
adame
Coordinator :: MINIsota Motoring Society (MMS)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's a garage!

Originally Posted by Maximusmini
I've gotten a taste of cold MN weather, I visited in January and the weather was well below that recorded, and yes I do have heat seaters hence I lived in Michigan my whole life. hmm Worried more about the snow, anyone have a garage space available for me to park my mini in the winter, I just got the LAST parking permit here and it's a city one.
Sure thing - I've got space next to my bikes. Of course, you'll have one heckuva commute! But I'll throw in some hot chocolate for ya.

Old 09-22-2004, 12:55 PM
NekoWoman
5th Gear
Location: Fulltime RVer - R53 towed behind a vintage 1979 35' MCI MC-5C Saudi
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
NAM Club Forums

Originally Posted by adame
I'd love it if we had a web page.
I saw you guys talking about a club page... NAM does a great job with club forums. We at DC Metro MINIs just moved from Yahoo to NAM. NAM is awesome. See the post below about NAM doing a forum for clubs.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...65467#poststop

Old 09-22-2004, 01:07 PM
adame
Originally Posted by NekoWoman
I saw you guys talking about a club page... NAM does a great job with club forums. We at DC Metro MINIs just moved from Yahoo to NAM. NAM is awesome. See the post below about NAM doing a forum for clubs.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...65467#poststop
Sweet!

Thanks a ton for this. woohoo!

Old 09-22-2004, 02:04 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
The MINIsota Motoring Society club forum is set-up.

adame: check back to the club forum post in site feedback I had a question for you over there.

Dave

Old 09-23-2004, 06:47 AM
MiniCooperFan
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by satay-ayam
hey MiniCooperFan, my car is out there today :smile:

you can look me up in blue pages if ya want, roger booth. what are you doing September 26th? You should come up to the MAC autocross in the cities. You will probably be assimilated, since I can't stand the thought of someone buying a Mini and *not* autocrossing it There is an autocross in Winona on Oct 10th, I think, if the cities is too far for ya.

Sorry - I was out of the office on a business trip for the last week, today is my first day back... Definitely be interested in participating in an auto cross event - won't be able to do the one on the 26th - but could possibliy make the one on October 10th, if you'd be willing to go along ??

Old 09-23-2004, 06:49 AM
MiniCooperFan
Neutral
I apologize for not posting here! My name is Adam Emanoff and there IS a club in MPLS. MINIsota Motoring Society. We don't have a site as of yet, just a Yahoo! group. There are several member who are also members of MAC, which someone posted, who go to their AX events. We have our own events - fun runs, drive-in movies, stuff with the classic Mini group, etc.

Trippy found some things going on in the next couple of weeks - thanks!

There is also a launch party tomorrow night for the convertable:

Date:Saturday September 18, 2004Time:4:00 pm - 7:00 pmAuthor:frozenquestType:Club Event Reminder:There are reminders set for 3 hours and 2 days before this event.Location:
Fleming Field Airport
1725 Henry Avenue

South St. Paul
Hanger 3

I'll be driving the Hot Orange MINI to the event

And a BBQ/Scavenger Hunt on the 9th:
http://myyahoo.evite.com/pages/gt/ev...DVQWNTWQJDDEMO

I'll try to keep this updated now

I look forward to meeting you!

Adam

Adam - I signed up for the Yahoo forums and have been receiving your emails... Thanks for coordinating!!! Looking forward to particpation in future club activities...!

Old 09-23-2004, 06:54 AM
adame
MiniCooperFan,

Welcome! and thanks for joining in on the messages. The MAC guys really put on great events. I've been to two myself and always have a blast. I hope you can make it on the 10th. If you do, be sure to beat a blue MCS! I know the owner and he was pleasantly suprised that I beat him with my MC, hehe. It's the only time I've beat him, so I give him crap for it whenever I see him.

Old 09-23-2004, 07:04 AM
MiniCooperFan
Neutral
MiniCooperFan,

Welcome! and thanks for joining in on the messages. The MAC guys really put on great events. I've been to two myself and always have a blast. I hope you can make it on the 10th. If you do, be sure to beat a blue MCS! I know the owner and he was pleasantly suprised that I beat him with my MC, hehe. It's the only time I've beat him, so I give him crap for it whenever I see him.
Sounds good... waiting for approval - if for some reason I can't make it this year... DEFINITELY count me in next!!!! :smile: I'll be sure to lay it on thick if I'm able to make it to the little blue mcs...

Old 09-23-2004, 08:53 AM
puck
2nd Gear
Good Morning & Hello

Thanks for setting this up. Feels very similar to MINI2, except that the people here are eating and sleeping at the same times I am

Old 09-23-2004, 09:51 AM
n0uk
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seems kind of odd, doesn't it Mike!

Old 09-23-2004, 09:59 AM
n0uk
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone else keep getting logged out?

Old 09-23-2004, 10:07 AM
adame
Maybe because you got logged in manually??

Hmmmm

Old 09-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
I will be there at the 26th, I will also be there for the 10 MAC events, After the 10th I'm heading down to the Dragon with a few fellow members from Michigan and Ohio, and Illinois to Bite the Snakes (apparently the SVT Cobra club is going to be there also) I heard they're slow hmmm....Anyone know of any place where I can get some Auto-X stickers for the weekend? I need them.. And Yes I would be more than willing to commute to the MAC event. Just give me a time and place and we'll be well on our way!

Old 09-24-2004, 04:45 AM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniCooperFan
Definitely be interested in participating in an auto cross event - won't be able to do the one on the 26th - but could possibliy make the one on October 10th, if you'd be willing to go along ??
I'm planning to go on the 10th.

Actually, as far as I know, there are only about 4 autocrosses left this year

Sept 26 - Midway Stadium (st. paul)
Oct 3 - Valley Fair (awesome site, everyone should hit this if they're into autocross)
Oct 9 - Midway Stadium
Oct 10 - Winona

I'm hoping to be at all of these.

I should be driving the Mini to work again today

Hey Maximusmini, look for me at Midway. I drive an indiblue/white HS Cooper #61. however, there are two indi blue/white HS coopers that usually show up... Mine does not have the chrome bumper thingies, that's about the only way to tell them apart.

Old 09-24-2004, 07:10 AM
puck
2nd Gear
What is the time for the 26th? I might be interested in trying autocross then.

Old 09-24-2004, 07:16 AM
adame
Get there early so you can run your car through tech and put on your number, unless you have a magnetic number, otherwise you're like me and taping it on. I think it's good to get there around 7:30 or so. That way, you can help if needed too.

Here's the MAC message board for more info:
http://forum.mnautox.com/index.php

Originally Posted by puck
What is the time for the 26th? I might be interested in trying autocross then.

Old 09-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Hey, what class are you running Adam? I'm in STS Sub cat FSP. Just let me know, I'll have my music blaring so just listen up for me ok?

Old 09-27-2004, 05:07 AM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
Zak and I made it to the autocross. It was a tight little course, but fun. The tight ones are the best for learning on, even if they're not quite as fun as the fast courses.

Zak's car with the CVT sounds really interesting on the course. It definately doesn't sound like an automatic, or quite like a manual.

My buddy codrove my Mini, and beat me. But I drove his Miata, too, so it's all good. It's funny how sloppy the Miata's handling is compared to the Mini. But the Miata is a faster car if you know how to drive it (which I do not ).

Old 09-27-2004, 05:47 AM
adame
Cool!!

I wish I could have been there to meet you guys. Midway isn't a BIG place, but they usually bust out some great courses there. The autox at Valleyfair should be a lot faster!

Congrats guys!

Old 09-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
I wish I could make it out to the next one but thats the weekend I scheduled to fly back home to say Hi to my fellows and visit the sweetheart I SO Much Miss. But, I will be at the next Midway meet no doubt. I had a blast but I had to leave early because I still ahd homework left to for the weekend which I never ended up doing But all is well, my arm is killing me after driving it through the course with my suicide ***! hehe, too bad they're illegal for you guys! I do need to get some new tires and wheels for the next season, I'm just going to try my best and get better. Anyone know if I should drive with the DSC on or Off?

Old 09-27-2004, 08:54 AM
adame
Do you seriously have a suicide ****?!!!

Turn off the DSC. You'll do better. In theory, it may sound like it's better, but you don't want it to cut any power on you.

Maybe I'll show up at the one you'll be at. Can I try the suicide ****?!

Old 09-27-2004, 02:08 PM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
This post on the MAC site has a two links to pics. There are pics of both Zak's car and mine :D And Randy's mini with with SSR's and hoosiers and the big can o' whoopass.

http://forum.mnautox.com/read.php?TID=1822

Old 09-27-2004, 02:52 PM
puck
2nd Gear
Nice rides, but which one is Zak's?

All Coopers? Weren't any S's out there?

BTW, Zak, what the heck kind of springs have you got in that thing?

(Considering renting it out as a snowplow this winter?

Old 09-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Puck, I'm the yellow one, btw, the springs are stock, I would sure love to let you try the suicide ****. anyone is. I have the aero kit also, my car is more made for street fighting but I sure do need some better tires an d wheels, plus I need to know where to clean her. Springs are in my mods list also, but on the bottom,

Old 09-27-2004, 05:03 PM
puck
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Maximusmini
Puck, I'm the yellow one, btw, the springs are stock, I would sure love to let you try the suicide ****. anyone is. I have the aero kit also, my car is more made for street fighting but I sure do need some better tires an d wheels, plus I need to know where to clean her. Springs are in my mods list also, but on the bottom,
Um. Yeah. I kinda figured.

I guess you must have been hitting that corner heavy. It looks like your frontend is lowered about an inch and a half. :smile:

Are you talking about the kind of **** they put on tractors? Ralph Nader would have a field day with that!

Quick Reply: Newbie in Minnesota - looking for a club ???